About the Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221SHP
Excellence from Excelon
Excellence from Excelon
Kenwood's Excelon Series mobile audio components feature their highest level of technology in advanced designs that give you the great sound and quality you expect from Kenwood. Their subwoofer enclosures are built to last, with solid construction and subs that are made to kick out the jams.
Subs built to dish it out
The P-XW1221SHP comes loaded with one 2-ohm 12" Excelon Series subwoofer. The sub's polypropylene cone features a diamond array pattern to minimize distortion, while the rubber surround and computer-optimized stress-controlled spider keep things on track. The speaker is designed to dissipate heat generated by extended high-powered use, with internal works that direct airflow to avoid overheating.
A box made to take it
The rugged enclosure is built from 5/8" MDF with a 3/4" thick internal baffle to give the sub solid support. The box's slant-back design suppresses standing waves which can interfere with bass response, and allows it to fit neatly behind the rear seat of an SUV. Rounded port corners reduce port noise and airflow resistance. The P-XW1221SHP can be used in front-facing, rear-facing, or down-firing applications. Steel-mesh grilles protect the speakers from accidental damage.
This box handles up to 500 watts RMS, so you'll want an amplifier with the power to get the best from this enclosure. The P-XW1221SHP is performance-matched to Kenwood's Excelon X502-1 amp (sold separately). Whatever power source you choose, you'll get huge bass with the performance and quality you need.
- ported enclosure with one 2-ohm 12" subwoofer
- polypropylene cone with "dual area" dustcap
- stress controlled spider
- mesh grille included
- 5/8" MDF construction with 3/4" MDF baffle
- down-firing design for greater output and more installation flexibility
- power handling: 500 watts RMS (2000 watts peak)
- impedance: 2 ohms
- frequency response: 30-300 Hz
- push terminals accommodate up to 8-gauge wire
- dimensions: 20-7/8"W x 15-13/16"H x 14-5/8"D1 x 11-3/8"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P-XW1221SHP
What's in the box:
- Ported enclosure loaded with one 12" Excelon subwoofer (2 ohm)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Eight 1" screws
- Warranty information
Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221SHP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221SHP
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||1|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||11-3/8|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Frequency Response||30-300Hz Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||500|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Driver: The Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221S ported subwoofer enclosure features a single heavy-duty 2Ω, 12" driver that can handle 500W RMS with peak power up to 2000W. The injection-molded Polypropylene cone features a dual area cap that provides the rigidity needed for high-power handing while delivering accurate bass. Other improvements include a computer-optimized spider, for increased mechanical durability and stress control, along with a robust thermal management system. This includes a closed yoke design with an aluminum bobbin for advanced airflow control and heat dispersion around the voice coil and spider. The 12" subwoofer driver is protected with a steel mesh grille.
Enclosure: The P-XW1221S is constructed of 5/8" thick MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with a 3/4" thick baffle, providing outstanding strength and durability for maintaining tight accurate bass at high volumes.
- Slant Back Design: The enclosure's slant back design allows it to fit behind vehicle seats easier, and helps suppress standing waves from forming inside the enclosure.
- Multi-Position Mounting: The enclosure is designed so that it can be mounted in a forward, rearward, or down-firing orientation. Raised "legs" on the speaker side of the enclosure allow it to sit in a down-firing position. This ensures low frequency transmission without loss, while helping protect the 12" driver.
- Improved Port: The enclosure's port opening features rounded edges for reduced airflow resistance and less generated noise.
Connection: The P-XW1221S includes a single pair of nickel-plated spring-post connectors that can accept speaker wire up to 8AWG.
- Driver Size: 12"
- RMS Power: 500W
- Peak Power: 2000W
- Impedance: 2Ω
- Frequency Response: 30-300Hz
2 questions already asked