About the Kenwood Excelon P-XW1241S
Excellence from Excelon
Excellence from Excelon
Kenwood's Excelon Series mobile audio components feature their highest level of technology in advanced designs that give you the great sound and quality you expect from Kenwood. Their subwoofer enclosures are built to last, with solid construction and subs that are made to kick out the jams.
Subs built to dish it out
The P-XW1241S comes loaded with one 12" 4-ohm Excelon Series subwoofer. The sub's polypropylene cone features a diamond array pattern to minimize distortion, while the rubber surround and computer-optimized stress-controlled spider keep things on track. The speaker is designed to dissipate heat generated by extended high-powered use, with internal works that direct airflow to avoid overheating.
A box made to take it
The rugged enclosure is built from 5/8" MDF with a 3/4" thick internal baffle to give the sub solid support. Rounded port corners reduce port noise and airflow resistance. The P-XW1241S can be used in front-facing, rear-facing, or down-firing applications. Steel-mesh grilles protect the speakers from accidental damage.
This box handles up to 300 watts RMS, so you'll want an amplifier with the power to get the best from this enclosure. The P-XW1241S is performance-matched to Kenwood's Excelon X502-1 amp (sold separately). Whatever power source you choose, you'll get huge bass with the performance and quality you need.
- ported enclosure with one 4-ohm 12" subwoofer
- polypropylene cone with diamond array pattern and rubber surround
- stress controlled spider
- closed yoke speaker design for airflow control
- 5/8" MDF construction with 3/4" MDF baffle board
- power handling: 300 watts RMS (2000 watts peak)
- frequency response: 30-300 Hz
- can be installed as front-, rear-, or down-firing
- metal grille included
- dimensions: 20-7/8"W x 15-13/16"H x 14-5/8"D x 11-3/8"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P-XW1241S
What's in the box:
- Ported enclosure loaded with one 12" Excelon subwoofer (4 ohm)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Eight 1" screws
Kenwood Excelon P-XW1241S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood Excelon P-XW1241S
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||1|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||11-3/8|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Frequency Response||30-300 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||300|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Driver: The Kenwood Excelon P-XW1241S ported subwoofer enclosure features a single heavy-duty 4Ω, 12" driver that can handle 300W RMS with peak power up to 2000W. The injection-molded Polypropylene cone features a Diamond Array pattern along with an X-Motif dust cap, allowing for excellent control over the resonant frequency while cutting down on unwanted frequencies. Other improvements include a computer-optimized spider, for increased mechanical durability and stress control, along with a robust thermal management system. This includes a closed yoke design with an aluminum bobbin for advanced airflow control and heat dispersion around the voice coil and spider. The 12" subwoofer driver is protected with a steel mesh grille.
Enclosure: The P-XW1241S is constructed of 5/8" thick MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with a 3/4" thick baffle, providing outstanding strength and durability for maintaining tight accurate bass at high volumes.
- Slant Back Design: The enclosure's slant back design allows it to fit behind vehicle seats easier, and helps suppress standing waves from forming inside the enclosure.
- Multi-Position Mounting: The enclosure is designed so that it can be mounted in a forward, rearward, or down-firing orientation. Raised "legs" on the speaker side of the enclosure allow it to sit in a down-firing position. This ensures low frequency transmission without loss, while helping protect the 12" driver.
- Improved Port: The enclosure's port opening features rounded edges for reduced airflow resistance and less generated noise.
Connection: The P-XW1241S includes a single pair of nickel-plated spring-post connectors that can accept speaker wire up to 8AWG.
- Driver Size: 12"
- RMS Power: 300W
- Peak Power: 2000W
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Frequency Response: 30-300Hz
3 questions already asked