About the Kenwood KCA-RC55MR
Meet Ken Nail
My name is Ken. I seek the Holy Grail of car audio excellence. My favorite color is blue.
I came to Crutchfield in 1999. During my six years as a Crutchfield Advisor, I learned a lot about the technology behind great car and home audio. I learned even more about what people wanted in their car stereo systems.
I've been a writer for car audio and fitness tech at Crutchfield since 2005. Over the last few years, I've also carved out a niche producing demo videos for our in-dash car stereos. The hands-on experience I get with car stereos while doing video production is an invaluable aid to me in learning about their exciting features. This helps me convey that information to our customers when I write about the stereo on our website.
Before coming to Crutchfield, I spent 10 years teaching music in Charlottesville area schools. I keep my musical interests satisfied by volunteering as a classical music DJ at a local community radio station, and I stay up to date with the latest in outdoor tech by cycling, running, and backpacking.
Fun facts: I've completed an Ironman triathlon, run the Boston Marathon, hiked 1150 miles of the Appalachian Trail, and lost on Jeopardy!
More about Ken
- Started at Crutchfield in 1999
- Completed our in-house Advisor training, learning all the details of every type of product we sell
- Attend dozens of vendor training events every year
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and hundreds of product presentations, primarily focused on in-dash car stereos, plus outdoor tech like running watches and cycling computers
- Produced over 600 car stereo demo videos
More from Ken Nail
Keep connected to your Kenwood
Stay in control of your Kenwood marine receiver even if it's mounted below decks. The KCA-RC55MR wired remote gives you access to major functions of your Kenwood marine receiver — features like power on and off, volume, source, and track up/down. A 2-line LCD screen lets you keep tabs on what you're listening to. This wired remote eliminates any need to be in the receiver's line of sight, and its operation isn't affected by bright sunlight.
- controls select Kenwood marine receivers
- 2-line LCD display
- mounting hardware included
- diameter: 3.475"
- mounting depth: 1.315"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KCA-RC55MR
What's in the box:
- Marine remote control w/ integrated LCD (attached 39" cable terminated by a proprietary 8-pin connector)
- Self-adhesive foam gasket
- Mounting bracket
- 2 Threaded bolts
- 2 Split-washers
- 2 Wing-nuts
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
Is this compatible with the Kenwood KMR D772BT head unit?
Yes. If you look in the accessories drop down menu. You can see it's available for this radioEnter
Kenwood KCA-RC55MR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
Thank you for submitting your review!
It may take up to a week for your review to appear.
Filter by rating
More details on the Kenwood KCA-RC55MR
Marine Rated: The Kenwood KCA-RC55MR marine wired remote control is designed to withstand the harsh marine environment (meets IPX7 waterproof standards).
Compatibility: The KCA-RC55MR marine wired remote control is compatible with the Kenwood KMR-D765BT, KMR-D372BT, KMR-D375BT, KMR-D378BT, KMR-365BT, KMR-M312BT, KMR-M312BT, KMR-550U, KMR-555U, KMR-700U, and KMR-440U marine head units which feature a proprietary 8-pin remote input.
- Optional Y-Adapter: Kenwood's CA-Y170MR Y-adapter
cable (sold separately) is required for connection of multiple remotes (up to 3)
to one compatible Kenwood marine head unit.
- up to two KCA-RC55MR remotes can be connected to the KMR-550U marine head unit using the CA-Y170MR Y-adapter.
- up to three KCA-RC55MR remotes can be connected to the KMR-D772BT, KMR-D768BT, KMR-D765BT, KMR-D372BT, KMR-D375BT, KMR-D378BT, KMR-365BT, KMR-M322BT, KMR-315BT, KMR-M312BT, KMR-700U, and KMR-555U marine head units (two CA-Y170MR Y-adapter cables are required for connection of 3 remotes)
- only one KCA-RC55MR remote can be connected to the KMR-440 marine head unit (not compatible with CA-Y170MR Y-adapter.
- Optional Extension Cables: The CA-EX3MR (10' length) and/or CA-EX7MR (23' length) extension cables allow you to extend the length of the KCA-RC55MR marine wired remote. You can expand the wired remote length up to 33' by connecting both the CA-EX3MR and CA-EX7MR (extension cables sold separately).
Note: You can use the KCA-RC55MR remote control in conjunction with Kenwood's KCA-RC35MR remote (sold separately) on select Kenwood marine receivers. Up to three KCA-RC55MR remotes and six KCA-RC35MR remotes (for a total of 9 wired remotes) can be used with one compatible Kenwood marine receiver.
LCD: The add-on marine wired remote features an LCD display which lets you view source information, so you can mount your compatible Kenwood marine head unit out of sight. The LCD display provides an adjustable contrast (0-10) for better visibility out on the open water.
Controls: The KCA-RC55MR wired remote allows you to access all major functions of your compatible Kenwood marine receiver, as well as control peripherals like iPod or Satellite Radio.
Proprietary Connection: The Kenwood KCA-RC55MR features an attached 39" cable terminated by a proprietary 8-pin connector which plugs into your compatible Kenwood marine receiver's rear-panel proprietary remote input.
Installation: The Kenwood wired remote control comes with a mounting bracket and hardware that allows it to be mounted flush in your vessel for a neat and clean looking installation.
Note: The wired remote requires a cutout diameter of 2.075", mounting depth of 0.515", and mounting height of 0.805".
69 questions already asked