About the Kenwood KNA-SPM100 OBD-II Port Adapter
Sure, wireless CarPlay is a great resource, but it can require some serious time and effort tying into your vehicle's speed-sense wire. Kenwood's KNA-SPM100 adapter connects to your speed-sense wire through your vehicle's OBD-II port, giving you the convenience of wireless CarPlay and more accurate GPS locations for your navigation apps. This adapter is not needed if your wiring harness or OEM adapter includes a speed pulse connection. The adapter works with select Kenwood radios with wireless Apple CarPlay.
- provides the vehicle speed pulse connection required by wireless Apple CarPlay
- works with select Kenwood radios with wireless CarPlay
- not needed if your radio replacement interface provides a speed pulse connection
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KNA-SPM100
What's in the box:
- OBD-II speed pulse generator module
- 4' OBD-II harness
- 17" Power/ground harness (1A fuse)
- 17" Speed pulse wire
Kenwood KNA-SPM100 OBD-II Port Adapter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood KNA-SPM100 OBD-II Port Adapter
OBD-II Speed Pulse Generator: The Kenwood OBD-II Speed Pulse Generator (KNA-SPM100) is designed specifically for installing Kenwood receivers with Wireless Apple CarPlay in 2008-up vehicles, since Wireless Apple CarPlay now requires a vehicle speed pulse connection. The KNA-SPM100 converts digital speed data of your vehicle to pulse waveform for communication with a compatible Kenwood receiver. Once installed, the KNA-SPM100 helps to provide a more accurate GPS location when using Wireless CarPlay navigation apps; such as Apple Maps, Google Maps, or Waze.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay will not work without a vehicle speed pulse connection.
- If you are using a radio replacement interface with a vehicle speed pulse wire, you will not need the KNA-SPM100. Instead of using the KNA-SPM100, you'll hardwire the Kenwood receiver's speed pulse wire to the speed pulse wire of the radio replacement interface module.
- Alternatively, you can also hardwire the Kenwood receiver's speed pulse wire to your vehicle's speed pulse wire (this method is much more time consuming and requires more installation experience).
Compatibility: The OBD-II Speed Pulse Generator (KNA-SPM100) is compatible with select 2008-up vehicles and Kenwood receivers that offer Wireless CarPlay. Compatible Kenwood receivers include the DNX996XR, DNR876S, DDX9906XR, DDX8906S, DDX8706S, DMX906S, and DMX9706S. It is pre-programmed to automatically work with the compatible Kenwood receiver and vehicle once its installed properly.
- Not all vehicles 2008 to present will support the Kenwood OBD-II Speed Pulse Generator (KNA-SPM100)
- If a diagnostic tool is already being used on the vehicle's OBD-II port, the KNA-SPM100 cannot be added in parallel.
Simple Installation: The KNA-SPM100 features an OBD-II connector harness and simple 3-wire installation.
- OBD-II Connector: Plugs into your vehicle's OBD-II port.
- Power Wire (Red): Hardwires to the +12V accessory/switched wire (red) of the Kenwood receiver's harness; a 1A fuse is pre-installed on this wire.
- Ground Wire (Black): Hardwires to the ground wire (black) of the Kenwood receiver's harness.
- Speed Pulse Output (Purple/White): Hardwires to the speed sense wire (pink) of the Kenwood receiver's harness.