About the Kenwood STZ-RF200WD
For safety and posterity
For safety and posterity
Capture every mile you ride with Kenwood's STZ-RF200WD dashcam and rear-view cam system for motorcycles, ATVs, and golf carts. Whether you're documenting accidents or legendary road trips, Kenwood provides everything you need for Full HD video recording with an extra-wide, 195-degree view from the front and rear of your ride. Both cams are wired to a central module that saves video to an included microSD card and provides wireless viewing and syncing on your phone - just download Kenwood's free app.
Bring on the rough stuff
Kenwood designed this camera system to handle the harshest conditions life on a motorcycle or ATV can deliver. So, you don't have to sweat the rain, dust, and mud that's bound to accumulate. And since Kenwood knows you'll be traveling where most vehicles don't (or can't!), they use Electronic Image Stabilization for a steady picture in spite of the bumps and rattles as well as HDR for transitions between bright sunlight and dark shadows.
Built for convenient installation and use
This package includes two cameras and a main unit that taps vehicle power and starts recording once the engine starts, and stops when the engine shuts off. If you want to be sure you catch that magic moment, Kenwood provides a mountable remote control. All the while, the system's built-in GPS antenna logs time, location, and speed information to enhance your videos. And in case of an accident, the STZ-RF200WD's G-sensor triggers the system to store essential video for review later.
- Full HD dash cam and rear-view cam
- also includes main module, video selector switch, vehicle power adapter, universal mounts, and 32GB microSD card
- 195° (diagonal) wide angle lens
- CMOS image sensor
- HDR for reducing image overexposure and underexposure
- main unit with wired remote control
- storage capacity: up to 256 GB
- built-in GPS antenna
- video footage can be viewed via downloadable smartphone app
- resolution: Full HD (1920 x 1080) for both cameras
- lengths of included cable from main unit:
- GPS antenna: 6.6 feet
- switch: 6.6 feet
- cameras: 6.6 feet
- power: 3.3 feet
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STZ-RF200WD
What's in the box:
- Main hideaway module (w/ attached 25" front & rear camera cables / 16" GPS cable / 20.5" push-button cable / 13" power cable)
- 2 Cameras (attached 55" cable)
- GPS Antenna w/ 3M adhesive backing (attached 63" cable)
- Push-button w/ 3M adhesive backing (attached 59" cable)
- 29" Power/ground cable (inline 3A mini-ATO fuse)
- 32GB Micro-SDHC card
- SD Card adapter
- Two 3M adhesive camera-pads
- Two 2-1/2" 3M adhesive pads
- Four 6" wire-ties
- 2mm Allen key
- Instruction manual (Eng/Span/Fren)
- Warranty card
Kenwood STZ-RF200WD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood STZ-RF200WD
Front & Rear View Recording: The Kenwood STZ-RF200WD motorsports-grade dual camera system includes two exterior-mounted cameras - one to record in front of your vehicle and one to record behind your vehicle, simultaneously. Both cameras can provide a maximum recording resolution of 2.0 Megapixels (1920x1080 - Full HD) and a wide 195˚ diagonal field of view. The STZ-RF200WD is an ideal choice for motorcycles and other powersports vehicles where the cameras and cabling will be exposed to the elements.
System Components: The Kenwood STZ-RF200WD consists of front- and rear-mounted cameras, each small enough to be discreetly mounted using the included 3M adhesive pads; a GPS antenna; a push-button switch that can be mounted within easy reach while driving; and a main hideaway unit that acts as the "brain" of the camera system. The main unit can be hidden from view and mounted using the included 3M adhesive strips. Optional 3.3' (1m), 9.9' (3m), and 16.5' (5m) camera extension cables can be purchased separately if installing the cameras in larger vehicles.
HDR & EIS Technology: The Kenwood STZ-RF200WD utilizes HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology that easily records clear images in dark or well lit settings without underexposing or overexposing the image. Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) can help compensate for a shaking camera on bumpy roads, providing a smooth and steady image.
Weatherproof: The STZ-RF200WD cameras, GPS antenna, and push-button switch all carry an IP66/67 rating, making them resistant to heavy sprays of water and dust. The main hideaway unit carries an IP55 rating, protecting it against dust and low-pressure water spray.
3 Video Recording Modes: The STZ-RF200WD offers 3 types of video recording modes - Continuous, Event (G-Sensor), and Manual. Each type of recording is saved in its own region on the included 32GB micro-SDHC card for easy access.
- Continuous Recording: The camera system will start continuous recording each time its powered on. Recorded video will be saved in 30 second, 1 minute (default), or 3 minute clips onto the included 32GB micro-SD card. The camera will automatically delete the oldest video files to make room for the most recent video clips (first recorded, first deleted), enabling the camera to continue recording even when the memory card is full.
- G-Sensor: If the built-in G-sensor of the STZ-RF200WD detects an impact incident, such as a collision while in motion or a bump while sitting still, that recorded video file is locked and stored in the "Protected" folder to prevent being overwritten and to provide later access to the video. The G-Sensors sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, or High.
- Manual (Push-Button): A push-button switch is included with the STZ-RF200WD that lets you initiate Manual Recording during Continuous Recording. The compact push-button switch can be mounted in a convenient location within easy reach while driving. The switch also includes Blue and Orange LED indicators to let you know the status of the camera system or of any system errors.
Super Capacitor: A built-in super capacitor inside the Kenwood STZ-RF200WD can provide the system with enough power to safely close the present video file in the event power is abruptly lost.
Audio: The motorsports camera system is also equipped with an integrated microphone for recording audio along with recorded video. The mic can be turned On or Off in the settings menu.
GPS Antenna: Using its built-in GPS receiver, the STZ-RF200WD can also display and record the time and GPS position (longitude and latitude) directly onto the recorded video and still image files. You can also have the travel speed stamped on a video file.
micro-SD Card Slot: The main hideaway unit is outfitted with a micro-SD card slot for the insertion of a micro-SD, micro-SDHC, or micro-SDXC memory card (8GB-256GB; Class 10 or higher). A 32GB micro-SDHC memory card is included. Video is recorded in H.264 (MP4) format and audio in AAC format. A Video Quality setting lets you determine the quality and recording time, with options for Fine (HD: default) or Normal.
|micro-SD Card Size||Video Quality||Recording Time|
Note: The unit will automatically delete the oldest non-protected files to create space for new videos and photos.
Kenwood Motorsports CAM Smartphone App: The STZ-RF200WD supports the Kenwood Motorsports CAM smartphone app (for Apple iOS 11+ and Android OS 7+) for configure the Settings and for viewing recorded footage. Connection to your smartphone is made over a 2.4/5GHz WiFi connection (802.11n/ac, WPA2) from the main hideaway unit. With the Kenwood Motorsports CAM smartphone app, you can easily manage the camera system's menu settings and recorded videos from your compatible smartphone via a wireless WiFi connection.
- Review & Playback: You'll be able to review the video on your smartphone device with routing on Google Maps and driving information such as speed, G-sensor and trip distance.
- Copy, Edit & Share: You'll also be able to copy videos onto your smartphone for editing and sharing to social media apps.
- Settings & Firmware: In addition, you can adjust the dash cam's menu setting and update the firmware from your smartphone.
Kenwood Motorsports CAM Viewer: The Kenwood Motorsports CAM Viewer is a computer software application that lets you display video recorded with the STZ-RF200WD onto your Windows PC or Mac computer, allowing you to review and edit recorded videos with your computer. If you want to copy, delete, or edit files on your computer simply remove the micro-SDHC card from the main hideaway unit and insert it into an SD or micro-SD slot on your computer (SD adapter card included), or use an external card-reader to connect to your computer. Your computer will need to meet the following system requirements -
- Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Mac OS: Apple Mac OS 10.14 or later
Power Requirements: The Kenwood STZ-RF200WD motorsports camera system is powered by the vehicle's 12V electrical system using the included wiring harness with +12V Constant, +12V Switched, and Ground wires. The +12V Constant power wire includes an inline 3A mini-ATO fuse.
4 questions already asked