About the Kenwood Excelon XR-1800P
Big, big woofers
Big, big woofers
Kenwood's Excelon XR-1800P component speaker system features a huge 7" woofer, packed into a frame that will still fit into the factory openings of many Dodge, GM, and Toyota vehicles (some cars may require slight modifications). A bigger cone moves more air, so your music can have the fullness and punch you don't hear with most factory speakers. The woofer's advanced hybrid pulp cone stays rigid through heavy workouts to cut down on distortion and keep your bass sounding tight. The rubber surround resists weathering, providing reliable support that keeps your music playing, no matter what.
Separate 1-3/16" soft dome tweeters deliver all the high-frequency details smoothly, while external crossovers and powerful, lightweight magnets make these tweeters extremely accurate without sounding harsh. The bruisers handle up to 110 watts RMS, so you'll be impressed when you fire them up with a nice amp. Kenwood includes multi-purpose adapter brackets that help the woofers fit in select vehicles. Grilles are included.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- brackets included for various OEM locations
- 7" advanced hybrid pulp woofer with rubber surround
- 1-3/16" soft dome tweeter with neodymium magnet
- 2-way external crossover
- power range: 6-110 watts RMS (330 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 57-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- depth: 2-1/2"
- grilles included
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XR-1800P
What's in the box:
- Two Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has a 5" Length of wire attached)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Flush-mount tweeter rings (installed on tweeters)
- 2 Flush-mount retaining clips
- 2 Angled surface mounting housings
- Two 6x9 Adapter brackets (Dodge)
- 2 Multi-purpose adapter brackets (include GM and Toyota applications)
- Two 2-Way crossovers
- Eight 3/4" Bracket bolts
- Twelve 1" Self-tapping screws
- Eight 3/8" Self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Two M3x6mm Machine screws
- 12 Large speed clips
- 4 Small speed clips
- Grille putty
- Instructions (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese)
- Warranty information
- Templates on box
Kenwood Excelon XR-1800P reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kenwood Excelon XR-1800P
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1-3/16" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Hybrid Pulp/Polypropylene|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||86|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||57 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||6|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||110|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||330|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||6|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.291|
Woofers: The woofers are oversized for a fuller sound quality than typical factory speakers. The hybrid pulp/polypropylene cones and rubber surrounds are durable and designed to withstand the harsh automotive environment.
Custom Brackets: The XR1800P woofers are designed as factory replacement speakers and include adapters compatible with many GM, Toyota, and Dodge vehicles (one bracket adapts to a 6x9 opening, the other is a multi-purpose bracket and is scored for trimming to fit several applications). Please refer to the Crutchfield Car Selector to confirm fit for your vehicle.
Crossover: Each crossover has screw terminal inputs and outputs that will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315" wide. The output level of the tweeters is adjustable; choose 0 dB, -2 dB, or -4 dB.
- Length: 4.567" (plus wiring)
- Height: 1.325"
- Width: 2.6"
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters can be flush mounted using the supplied hardware, or surface mounted using the included housings. Once mounted the tweeters have these dimensions:
|Flush Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.71"||0.4" (screw depth)|
Warranty Note: Although the information included with these speakers indicates a 1-year warranty, they are actually covered by the Kenwood eXcelon 2-year warranty.
The Kenwood Excelon XR-1800P replaces these items
- 6-3/4" carbon/glass fiber/Nomex hybrid woofer
- 1" silk dome tweeters
- 2-110 watts RMS power range
- Diamond Array Pattern carbon-polypropylene woofer
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 2-100 watts RMS power range
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked