Overview: The Kenwood Excelon XR600-6DSP is a
amplifier with a built-in 32-bit DSP that is designed to replace the factory
amplifier in vehicles with premium amplified audio systems. When combined with
the iDatalink ADS-MAR Maestro AR, the amplifier receives a true, clean stereo signal
from the existing OEM radio, while the Maestro AR module translates all of the CAN-Bus communication
from the radio to the amplifier. iDatalink T-harnesses available for select
Chrysler and Ford vehicles are also required for the installation, enabling you to connect the amp and the Maestro AR to the factory radio without cutting wires. Through the use of a dedicated application
and your smartphone, you can set up and fine tune the vehicle's premium audio
system with the amp and Maestro AR interface.
Note: The XR600-6DSP cannot be used as a standalone amplifier. It can only be used with the iDatalink
ADS-MAR Maestro AR and a vehicle-specific T-harness.
Rated Output Power: The XR600-6DSP has the following power output specifications:
- 75 watts x 6 channels at 4Ω (20 Hz-20 kHz,
≤1.0 % THD, 14.4V, Stereo)
- 100 watts x 6 channels at 2Ω (1 kHz, ≤1.0 % THD, 14.4V, Stereo)
- 200 watts x 3 channels (1&2, 3&4, 5&6) at 4Ω (1 kHz, ≤1.0 % THD, 14.4V,
Digital Signal Processor (DSP): The built-in 32-bit 192 kHz DSP gives
you the flexibility to independently set the function and equalization of the various
speakers in your factory system. The 6-channel DSP offers a 13-band graphic
equalizer with presets, a 3-band parametric equalizer, digital time alignment,
and a digital crossover.
Kenwood DSP Control App: Using the Kenwood DSP Control App
on your smartphone or tablet, you can connect to the amplifier via Bluetooth,
and perform the initial audio setup. You can assign the six powered output
channels and the four preamp output channels to the speakers in your vehicle,
and to any optional amps or subwoofers you may have. Any pairs of channels can
be designated for bridging through the app. The app can help you perform Digital
Time Alignment (individually for 10 channels), set the Graphic EQ (for 5 stereo
pairs) and Parametric EQ (10 channels), and the crossover (for 5 stereo pairs).
The app also includes independent volume controls for all 10 channels. The app
settings include the following:
- Digital Time Alignment:
- Listening Position Preset: All, Front Right, Front
Left, Front All
- Individual Settings for Channels 1 through 10:
- Delay: 0 to 610 cm or 0 to 20.01 feet
- Gain: 0 to -10dB (0.5dB increments)
- 13-band Graphic Equalizer:
- Bands: 62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz,
1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4.0kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, 16kHz
- Gain: +9.0dB to -9.0dB (0.5dB increments)
- 3-band Parametric Equalizer:
- Presets: Natural, Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz,
- Center Frequency: 44Hz to 19.9kHz
- Q: 0.4, 0.8, 1.4, 2.0, 4.0, 8.0
- Gain: -20.0dB to +6.0dB
- Crossover (Ch 1/2, Ch 3/4, Ch 5/6, Ch 7/8, Ch 9/10):
- Type: LPF (low-pass) / HPF (high-pass)
- Center Frequency: 31Hz to 19.9kHz (1/6 octave
- Butterworth: -6dB/oct, -12dB/oct, -18dB/oct,
- Linkwitz-Riley: -12dB/oct, -24dB/oct
- Gain: 0dB to -8.0dB (0.5dB increments)
- Phase: Normal / Reverse
- Presets: Memory 1, Memory 2, Memory 3, Memory 4
- Inputs: Left channel / Right channel: 0% to 100%
- Outputs: (independent for Channels 1 through 10):
0% to 100%
Connections: The Kenwood Excelon XR600-6DSP's connections
are all located on one side of the amplifier to give you a clean installation.
The power and speaker set screw terminals are adjustable from the top of the
amp, behind a removable plate. A 4mm Allen wrench is supplied for removing the
plate, and a 2.5mm Allen wrench is supplied for tightening and loosening the
power and speaker set screws. The amp has the following connections:
- Fuses: Two 40A ATO fuses
- Power (Batt.) / Ground: Set screw terminals are
provided for the power and ground cables. The terminals will accept up to 4
AWG cable (recommended). A separate 80A fuse should be placed on the power
cable approximately 18" from the battery.
- Speaker Outputs: Set screw terminals are provided for 6
speakers. The terminals will accept 16 AWG to 8 AWG speaker wire. Speaker
wire will need to be run from the amp to each speaker location in the
vehicle, or spliced to the factory speaker wiring at the output of the
- Line Outputs: The 4 gold-plated RCA line outputs (Ch 7,
8, 9, 10) allow you to connect additional amplifiers or powered subwoofers
to your sound system. The gold-plated connectors are non-corrosive, and have
a lower contact resistance, which results in better frequency response,
lower distortion, wider dynamic range, and improved signal-to-noise.
- iDatalink Cable: This proprietary 4-pin terminal is for
connecting the data control cable from the iDatalink Maestro AR module. This
terminal receives the volume, fader, and balance commands from the factory
radio through the Maestro AR.
- Universal Input Harness: The vehicle-specific Universal
Input Harness, made by ADS (sold separately), plugs between the vehicle's
factory wiring, the Maestro AR module, and the XR600-6DSP. The harness
carries the audio and data signals from the factory radio, and plugs into
the amplifier's 18-pin terminal. A 13.25' extension cable comes with the
amplifier in case the Universal Input Harness cable is not long enough.
Note: The 13.25' braided extension cable included in the box plugs
between the vehicle-specific ADS harness and the Maestro AR module, should the ADS harness not be long enough.
Rear Panel: On the rear panel of the amplifier are
seldom-used controls, indicators, and connections. There is a 2-way switch that
allows you to select the Operation Mode (A or B). A blue LED will light to
indicate when the amplifier is connected via Bluetooth to your smartphone or
tablet. A Type A USB port on the back of the amplifier is for software updates
only. It cannot play audio files or charge any device. In case the amplifier
does not perform properly, you can reset the amplifier using a pointed object.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.