About the Monster Power HTS 5100 MKII
Home theater systems require good, clean power to operate at their full potential. Power surges and spikes can damage your system's components, and small fluctuations and electronic noise can negatively affect performance especially with high-definition audio or video signals. Monster's HTS 5100 MKII PowerCenter offers a high level of protection from harmful spikes and surges, as well as minimizing the interference that can cause static and degrade sound and picture quality.
A sophisticated microprocessor acts as a first line of defense against sudden power spikes. It monitors incoming AC power and immediately disconnects your equipment if the voltage reaches unsafe high or low levels. When the voltage returns to a safe range, the PowerCenter reconnects your system. An audible alarm lets you know when surge protection is active.
The 5100 MKII's power cord is triple-shielded, eliminating an often overlooked source of electronic noise. Four discrete filter sections ensure that your components don't electronically interfere with each other. Coaxial jacks protect your system from surges coming through your cable or satellite TV line. A large, easy-to-read digital LED display lets you visually monitor the AC line voltage or how much current your system is using.
Read our blog post Better home audio, Tip #12: Use a power conditioner.
- 10 AC outlets (2 switched, 2 delayed, 6 unswitched)
- Clean Power Stage 4 (v.2.1) circuitry includes discrete filter sections for Analog Audio, Analog Video, High-Current Audio, and Digital components
- selectable voltmeter/ampmeter with front-panel digital LED display
- 3 sets of coaxial connections for cable and satellite TV
- RJ-11 phone input/output with splitter for DVR phone line or Internet connection
- 6814-joule surge protection
- color-coded cord labels
- rack-mounting kit included
- 8-foot triple-shielded power cord
- 17-1/8"W x 3-15/16"H x 14-3/4"D
- 5-year $500,000 connected equipment protection (covers equipment damaged by an AC power, cable, telephone or lighting surge while connected to properly installed Monster Cable surge protector)
- warranty: 5 years on the HTS 5100 MKII
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 109097
What's in the box:
- PowerCenter with attached 8' High current three prong AC cord
- 2 Metal rack ears
- 39.5" Monster Cable SV1 Coax video cable with gold plated connectors (Right-angled connector on one end)
- 59.5" Monster DataSpeed 100XLN RJ14 (telephone) cord
- 6' mono-mini-to-mono-mini cable
- 5' AC cord for remote turn on
- Self-adhesive audio/video ID labels to attach to power cords and interconnects (10 pair)
Monster Power HTS 5100 MKII reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monster Power HTS 5100 MKII
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||---|
|Powerline Network Compatible||---|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||---|
Clean Power v2.0 Stage 4: The PowerCenter HTS 5100 MKII features Clean Power v2.0 Stage 4 filter circuitry to prevent both AC powerline noise and reduces noise generated by your connected equipment. Clean Power Stage 4 features four ultra-advanced, isolated filters that include analog audio, video and digital, plus an ultra-high current audio filter to provide for the best possible AC powerline noise rejection and inter-component isolation for improved component-generated noise rejection.
Monster T2 Technology: The HTS 5100 MKII features this technology, which is an active electronic microprocessor-controlled circuit that sits in front of the surge protection circuitry. T2 monitors the line, neutral and ground lines and automatically disconnects the PowerCenter from the AC power line when a long duration low-voltage sag or high-voltage swell occurs (continuous voltage below 70Vrms or above 132Vrms). When it senses one of the sags or swells, the T2 circuit will shut down the PowerCenter for 15 seconds. If the voltage returns to normal, the PowerCenter will then turn back on; if it is not cleared up in that time, the PowerCenter will remain off. This circuit will shut down the PowerCenter before the MOV's (Metal Oxide Varistors) and thermal fuses sense an overload condition and sacrifice themselves to protect your equipment; thusly extending the life of the PowerCenter.
Tri-mode Circuitry: A Tri-mode AC overvoltage auto disconnect safety feature prevents catastrophic, high-voltage power disturbances from damaging components and will notify you with an audible alarm.
Ultra High Current Audio Filter (Switched/Timed Outlets): These outlets have a specifically designed circuit for high power audio components, like amplifiers and pre-amplifiers, designed to deliver maximum current to these power hungry electronics.
Analog Audio Filter: The isolated Clean Power v.2.0 Stage 4 analog audio filter is optimized to provide maximum noise rejection for sensitive analog audio components.
Video Filter: The isolated Clean Power v.2.0 Stage 4 video filter is optimized to reduce noise generated by video equipment. The filter isolates video components from connected digital, video, analog audio, and high-current audio components for maximum rejection of interference.
Digital Isolation Filter: The isolated Clean Power v.2.0 Stage 4 digital filter is optimized to reduce noise generated by digital equipment. The filter isolates digital components from connected digital, video, analog audio, and high-current audio components for maximum rejection of interference. The HTS 5100 MKII features two isolated filters to accommodate different digital sources.
Programmable Outlets: All PowerCenter outlets located on the rear panel are programmable, giving you great flexibility. In order to program each outlet pair, you must use the recessed slide switches. There are two switches for each outlet pair that enable you to select "unswitched", "switched on", or "switched on after delay". When "switched on after delay" is selected, you can choose a delay time of short (approximately 6 seconds) or long (approximately 20 seconds).
Dual Digital LED Meter: The dual digital LED meter displays the incoming voltage and your system's total current draw in Amps. A front panel dimmer knob allows you to adjust the brightness of the digital LED meter.
Telephone Connections: These connections feature a surge arrestor that protects against damaging voltage surges on the phone line. This PowerCenter also incorporates a phone splitter for convenience.
Sequenced AC Power Turn-on and Turn-off: The HTS 5100 MKII features sequenced AC power turn-on and turn-off to eliminate voltage transients generated internally at start-up/shutdown when components are powered on or off at the same time.
Remote "AC In" Control: This feature allows you to turn on/off your PowerCenter via your A/V receiver or preamplifier. Simply plug the Remote AC Control cable's 2-prong male end into a switched AC power outlet on your receiver. When you turn your receiver on, the PowerCenter's outlets programmed as "switched on" will be turned on immediately. The outlets programmed as "switched on after delay" will turn on after the chosen delay time elapses.
Remote "DC In" Control: This feature provides an on/off trigger for the HTS 5100 MKII using a 3-30VDC remote control signal. Many components have a 12VDC trigger built-in and will transmit a constant power signal when turned on and in use. When you turn the component on, the PowerCenter's outlets programmed as "switched on" will be turned on immediately. The outlets programmed as "switched on after delay" will turn on after the chosen delay time elapses. The Remote DC Control input uses a standard 1/8" mini-plug jack.
"DC Out" Control: This feature connects your PowerCenter to an automated home theater control system or allows the PowerCenter to automatically turn on or off another component with a remote "DC In" connection.
Rack Mountable: Using the supplied rack ears, you can rack mount the HTS 5100 MKII.
Coaxial Inputs/Outputs: Ultra-low loss RF circuitry keeps insertion loss minimized for the coaxial outputs.
Color coded: Color coded outlets and the supplied cord labels help prevent accidentally disconnecting the wrong cord.
Circuit Breaker: A circuit breaker is located on the back panel of the HTS 5100 MKII. The circuit breaker will trip only if the total current draw exceeds the maximum current rating (15A). This means that collectively, all outlets must draw more than 15 amps before the circuit breaker will trip.
Power Cord: The eight foot long high current power cord with 24k gold contacts is designed for maximum power transfer.
Status Indicators: The HTS 5100 MKII has the following status LEDs on the front panel: Clean Power On, Unswitched On, Switched On, Timed On, Protection On, Ground OK, Wiring OK, and Abnormal Voltage.
- Ground Post: thumb screw that provides a ground reference point for ungrounded components
- Digital Filter 1: two AC outlets for digital components (labeled DVD, Cable/Sat)
- Digital Filter 2: two AC outlets for digital components (labeled CD, HDTV)
- Video Filter: two AC outlets for video components (labeled VCR, TV/Monitor)
- Analog Audio Filter: two AC outlets for analog audio components (labeled Processor, Receiver)
- High-current Audio Filter: two AC outlets for high-current audio components (labeled Main Amp, Spare)
- Cable TV: coaxial line input and output (gold-plated female F-type connectors)
- Satellite TV: coaxial line input and output (gold-plated female F-type connectors)
- Antenna TV: coaxial line input and output (gold-plated female F-type connectors)
- Remote DC Output: 1/8" mini-plug jack (9-12VDC)
- Remote DC Input: 1/8" mini-plug jack (3-30VDC)
- Remote AC Input: 2-pin AC jack for use with supplied remote AC control cable
- Phone Input: telephone line input (RJ-14 connection)
- Phone Output 1: telephone line output (RJ-14 connection)
- Phone Output 2: telephone line output (RJ-14 connection)
- Dimmer: Rotary knob adjusts display brightness
- Remote On/Off Button: Allows the PowerCenter to operate in the Remote On or Remote Off modes. in "Remote On" mode, outlets programmed as "Switched On" or "Switched On After Delay" are turned on or off via the "DC Out" connection on the back of the PowerCenter.
- Sequential Power On Button: Turns switched and timed outlets on
- Off Button: Turns switched and timed outlets off
- Clean Power On LED: Indicates Clean Power circuitry functioning
- Unswitched On LED: Indicates unswitched AC outlets active
- Switched On LED: Indicates switched AC outlets active
- Timed on LED: Indicates timed AC outlets active
- Protection On LED: Indicates surge protection circuitry functioning
- Ground OK LED: Indicates ground is correct
- Wiring OK LED: Indicates polarity is correct
- Abnormal Voltage LED: Indicates voltage outside 90-132V range
- LED Display: Digital display of incoming voltage or current
- Voltage/Amperage Button: Toggles display between voltage and current
- Circuit breaker switch: Press to reset, 15 amps maximum
Connected Equipment Warranty: For 5 years from the date of purchase, Monster Cable will replace, pay to repair or pay the fair market value of equipment that is damaged by an AC power, cable, telephone or lighting surge while connected to a properly installed Monster Cable PowerCenter. This warranty covers up to $500,000 worth of connected equipment. In order for the warranty to be valid every wire leading into or out of your equipment must be connected properly to the surge protector and the unit must be connected to a properly grounded 3-wire outlet.
The Monster Power HTS 5100 MKII replaces these items
- 10 AC outlets (switched, unswitched, or switched with delay)
- 3 satellite TV-compatible coaxial ins and outs
- RJ-14 splitter (1 input/2 outputs)
- 10 AC outlets (switched, unswitched, or switched with delay)
- 3 sets of coax inputs and outputs
- RJ-14 splitter (1 input/2 outputs)