About the Monster Power AV 800
The AV 800 safeguards your system from surges and spikes with 8 AC outlets (5 are color-coded with matching cord labels; the other 3 are spaced apart for use with transformers). You also get protection for 1 coax antenna/cable input. Includes a 5-year, $25,000 connected equipment guarantee, and a lifetime warranty on the AV 800.
- 8 AC outlets
- 1 set of coax input/output jacks
- Ground OK" and "Protection On" LEDs
- audible surge alert
- 8-foot high-current power cord
- 900 Joule protection
- 10-5/8"W x 1-1/2"H x 3-7/8"D
- warranty: lifetime on the AV 800
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 5-year $25,000 connected equipment guarantee (covers equipment damaged by an AC power or lightning surge while connected to properly installed Monster Cable surge protector)
- MFR # 109301
What's in the box:
Monster Power AV 800 owner's manual
- Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor with attached 8' three-pronged AC cord
- 41" Monster Cable SV1 coax video cable with gold plated connectors
- Self-adhesive color-coded audio/video ID labels to attach to power cords (8 pairs)
- Instruction sheet
Monster Power AV 800 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Monster Power AV 800
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||8|
|Total Current Capacity||15A|
|Coaxial RF Jacks||No|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$25,000|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The unit has a purple top and dark gray bottom. It has five three pronged AC outlets on the right side of the top (labeled VCR and color coded in yellow, DVD/LD color coded in red; CABLE/SAT color coded in purple, RECEIVER/AMP color coded in orange and CD color coded in blue. There are three additional three pronged AC outlets labeled ACCESSORY, SPARE and TV/MONITOR on the left hand side. They are spaced 1.5" apart to allow for the use of transformers. There is a gold plated, threaded coax input and output on the left hand side of the unit that can be used with either cable or antennas. There is no RJ-11 telephone protection, making the warranty invalid if used with a DBS system or other system requiring a phone connection.
SurgeGuard: The multiple SurgeGuard feature stops harmful power surges and voltage spikes.
Coax Surge Protection: There is special surge protection for the coax output with virtually no signal loss.
Monster Video Connection: A Monster video cable is included to ensure a good video connection.
Fast Response Time: The unit responds within one nanosecond to power surges and voltage spikes.
Audible Alarm: There is an audible alarm that will alert you when a surge has hit.
Eight AC Outlets: There are eight three prong AC outlets; five of the outlets are color-coded.
Color Coded Outlets and Cable Labels: The five color coded outlets and supplied cord labels prevent you from accidentally disconnecting the wrong cord.
Right Angle Plug on Power Cord: The 8 foot, high current power cord is right angled to hug the wall. The plug has 24k gold plated contacts for corrosion resistance; this helps ensure maximum power transfer.
Wall Mountable: There are keyhole slots on the back of the unit that allow for wall mounting (wall screws not supplied).
Indoor Use Design: The UL listed protector is for indoor use only.
Proper Surge Protection: Every wire leading into or out of your equipment must be connected properly to the surge protector or the $25,000.00 warranty is invalid.You must connect the unit to a properly grounded 3-wire outlet or the warranty will be invalid.
Connected Equipment Warranty: Monster Cable will replace, pay to repair or pay the fair market value of equipment that is damaged by an AC power or lighting surge while connected to a properly installed Monster Cable Surge Protector. For conditions and information on how to make a claim please see the manual.
- 8 three prong AC outlets (5 are color coded; outlets are marked CD, VCR, DVD/LD, CABLE/SAT, RECEIVER/AMP, ACCESSORY, SPARE, and TV/MONITOR)
- Coax input/output (for cable or antenna only; not for use with DBS systems)
- Ground OK LED : Illuminates green when the unit is properly grounded
- Protection ON LED: Illuminates amber when the unit is working properly
- Master ON/OFF switch: Illuminates in red when on
Left side: Circuit breaker reset button which will reset the unit.
- 900 Joule protection
- 125VAC, 15amp, 60Hz electrical rating
- TVSS Rating: L-N, L-G, N-G (all 330V)
No issues with this power strip. Worked right out of the box and gives me the confidence that the TV and DVD are protected from power surges and lightening strikes. Usual quality and functionality of Monster products...definitely recommend.
David from North Carolina