About the Monster Power AVS 2000
TVs, DVD players, A/V receivers all your home theater components operate their best when they receive 120 volts of AC power. However, they may not often get it. You may experience voltage sags in your power line due to heavy local use, or even your own household appliances which can translate to a loss of audio and video quality. Monster's innovative AVS 2000 corrects voltage irregularities in your AC line, delivering a stable 120 volts of power for top performance from your home theater system every time.
Sporting an attractive (and incredibly solid) design, the AVS 2000 features 6 voltage-corrected AC outlets on its back panel: 4 switched, 2 always-on. Sequential power-up with programmable delay time (for switched outlets) prevents sudden turn-on surges that can result in audible thumps and pops from your speakers. Three illuminated digital meters on the front panel (for input/output voltage, voltage correction, and current usage) let you monitor your system's power conditions. Safety Overload Disconnect protects your connected gear when current draw exceeds the limitations of your home wiring.
If a dangerous power fluctuation occurs, causing voltage to drop below 80V or rise above 140V, the AVS 2000 automatically shuts off its outlets to protect your home theater components. To enjoy ultimate power conditioning and protection for a truly massive system, use the AVS 2000 in conjunction with a Monster PowerCenter like the HTS5100MK2 (which offers coax and phone line protection, along with superior EMI/RFI noise filtration). Rack-mount ears included.
- voltage correction range: 80-140V AC
- safety overload disconnect
- illuminated front-panel digital meters indicate input/output voltage, voltage correction, and current usage
- 6 color-coded, labeled AC outlets on rear panel (4 switched, 2 always-on)
- sequential power-up for switched outlets (with individually adjustable delay time for each outlet)
- gold-plated ground post thumb screw for any ungrounded components
- DC input/output jacks for remote system control (1/8" mini jacks, cord not included)
- LED indicators for "ground OK", "line and neutral OK", "switched outlets on", "surge protection" (lights up when active), "normal voltage condition", and "abnormal voltage condition"
- 8-foot Monster "PowerLine 300" power cord with 24k gold-plated contacts
- rack-mountable with included metal rack ears (installation requires 3/32" Allen key, not included)
- 17-1/16"W x 7-15/16"H x 15-9/16"D (with rack-mount ears: 18-13/16"W x 7-15/16"H x 15-9/16"D)
- warranty: 2 years
Monster Power AVS 2000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monster Power AVS 2000
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||---|
|Powerline Network Compatible||---|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||---|
Automatic Voltage Stabilization: Monster's AVS 2000 is designed to stabilize power line fluctuations and maintain constant voltage to your home theatre for maximum performance all the time. The AVS 2000 provides consistent 120V output when AC input fluctuates anywhere from 80-140V. As a result, your amplifiers will maintain the stability needed to deliver peak power and performance. Your video system, in turn, will deliver the sharpest, brightest picture with the most vivid color possible.
Safety Overload Disconnect: In the event that an extended period of overvoltage does occur, the AVS 2000 will automatically shut down your home theater system to protect it from any subsequent damage.
Programmable Outlets: The four switched outlets located on the rear panel are programmable, giving you great flexibility. In order to program each outlet pair, you must use the recessed slide switches. Each outlet has a Delay Time switch and a Delay Time Multiplier switch. The Delay Time switch allows you to select 1 second or 3 seconds. The Delay Time Multiplier switch allows you to select 1x or 2x the delay time. Using the two switches together, you can choose a delay time of 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, or 6 seconds for each switched outlet.
Digital Meters: The AVS 2000 features three easy-to-read digital meters for instantaneous monitoring of incoming voltage, amperage draw, and voltage correction. If there is any significant fluctuation in voltage, a PowerSmart warning light will flash, alerting you that input voltage has dropped below 80 volts or has risen above 140 volts, and that the system is waiting for stabilization.
Sequential Power-up: The AVS 2000 has a sequential power-up feature. By sequentially powering your high-power loads, you can prevent turn-on surges and deliver all the stable voltage needed to maintain peak performance.
Remote System Control: The DC input/output jacks allow for remote system control (1/8" mini jacks, cord not included).
Rack Mountable: Using the supplied rack ears, you can rack mount the AVS 2000. With the rack ears installed, the Voltage Stabilizer has the following dimensions: W=18.787", H=7.9375", D=15.5625".
Circuit Breaker: A circuit breaker is located on the back panel of the AVS 2000. The circuit breaker will trip only if the total current draw exceeds the maximum current rating (15A). This means that collectively, all outlets must draw more than 15 amps before the circuit breaker will trip.
Status Indicators: The AVS 2000 has the following status LEDs on the front panel: Ground OK, Surge Protected, Line and Neutral OK, Normal Voltage Condition, Switched Outlets On, and Abnormal Voltage Condition.
- System Ground: ground post that provides a ground reference point for ungrounded components
- Switched Outlets: four AC outlets, each with a selectable delay time of 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, or 6 seconds (labeled Bank 1, Bank 2, Bank 3, Bank 4)
- Unswitched Outlets: two AC outlets (labeled Bank 1, Bank 2)
- Remote Turn On/Off: 1/8" mini-plug input and output