About the Beats by Dr. Dre™ Pill
A pill that can cure your musical ills? It may just be possible. The Beats Pill is a compact speaker system that lets you wirelessly stream music from your smartphone, tablet, or other portable player. It's small enough to deliver your daily dose of music wherever you go, with rich Beats by Dr. Dre sound.
Bluetooth connectivity for music and talk
The Pill is compatible with virtually all Bluetooth-enabled devices, including your Android™ phone or tablet, iPhone®, iPad®, or portable game console. Its NFC (Near Field Communication) technology gives you simple, one-touch Bluetooth pairing with compatible devices. Plus, it features high-fidelity aptX® audio coding for better sound quality with compatible devices.
The signature Beats sound
Like all Beats products, the Pill's sound profile has been crafted to Dr. Dre's exacting standards. The system's four built-in speakers deliver your music with clear highs, detailed mids, and, of course, plenty of bass. The Pill may be small, but its sound is anything but!
It doubles as a speakerphone, too
Need to talk? Pair the Pill with your smartphone and carry on the conversation in style. It features echo cancellation to ensure call clarity, and also has feedback control to keep the sound right where it should be.
Remember to take your Pill
Clip the carry case's carabiner onto your belt or backpack and you're ready to travel. The Pill can give you up to seven hours of continuous play from its built-in rechargeable battery. An auto-shutoff function turns off the system after a half hour of inactivity, extending the battery life. Charge the Pill via the included AC adapter or by connecting its USB charging cable to your computer.
From the review Beats by Dr. Dre™ Pill: This tiny Bluetooth® speaker delivers big sound
"The Pill is a very cool product, one I could find a lot of use for. Its portability, wireless function and ease-of-use would make it a worthy addition to any home where music is welcome in every room and beyond."
— David, Crutchfield Home A/V Writer
- for smartphones and other portable devices with built-in Bluetooth
- Bluetooth v2.1 for strong connections and improved signal reception
- aptX® audio coding for improved sound quality with compatible devices
- wireless range: 30'
- built-in microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- four full-range speakers
- minijack auxiliary input for laptops, handheld game consoles, and other portable devices (minijack cable included)
- USB input for charging (USB cable included)
- rechargeable battery lasts up to 7 hours
- auto shut-off after 30 minutes of inactivity
- carry case with carabiner
- AC power adapter
- 7-5/8"W x 1-15/16"H x 2-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 900-00053-01
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth speaker
- AC power adapter
- 36" Micro-USB to USB cable
- 41" Stereo minijack cable
- Carrying case
- Carabiner clip
- Warranty Information
- Beats logo sticker
- beats by dr. dre brochure
Beats by Dr. Dre™ Pill reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Beats by Dr. Dre™ Pill
4 Full-Range Speakers: The Beats Pill by Dr. Dre Bluetooth Speaker features four 1.0" full-range drivers for clear stereo sound.
Bluetooth w/ apt-X: Advanced Bluetooth technology featuring apt-X technology brings out the full richness of your music when you pair to your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. The Beats Pill Bluetooth Speaker supports wireless Bluetooth (v.2.1) audio streaming and hands-free communication. Its NFC (Near Field Communication) technology gives you simple, one-touch Bluetooth pairing with compatible devices.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The Beats Pill Bluetooth Speaker supports wireless music playback when paired with a compatible Bluetooth-enabled device; such as your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, laptop/computer etc.. You can control Play, Pause, and Volume from the Bluetooth Speaker.
- Hands-Free Communication (HFP/HSP): This Bluetooth Speaker features a built-in microphone that enables clear wireless hands-free calling from your paired iPhone, Android smartphone, Blackberry or other compatible Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. You can answer and end calls using the controls on the Beats Pill.
Note: The Bluetooth Speaker has a wireless range up to 30'.
Aux Input: The Beats Pill features an 3.5mm auxiliary input so you can connect to your portable digital music player or any device with a 3.5 mm headphone port (41" stereo minijack cable included).
Line Output: The Beats Pill also features a 3.5mm line output, so you can send the Bluetooth Speaker's audio signal to your home stereo system.
Carrying Pouch: The Bluetooth Speaker includes a padded carrying case with a zipper-closure and carabiner clip for added convenience.
Rechargeable Battery: The Beats Pill by Dr. Dre Bluetooth Speaker features an integrated rechargeable battery which provides up to 7 hours of playback time. You can use the included AC power adapter or a free USB port on your computer (via the included USB cable) to charge the battery.
Note: The device will automatically shut off after 30 minutes of no audio signal or inactivity.
2 questions already asked