About the Monster® PowerNet 200 starter pack
A lot of today's audio and video components let you do more when you connect them to the Internet. What if you want a high-speed wired connection for the Blu-ray player or game console in your living room, but you don't want to run Ethernet cable throughout your home? Monster's PowerNet system is a great solution it uses your home's existing electrical wiring to pass Ethernet signals to different rooms.
How it works
This starter pack comes with two adapters and two lengths of Ethernet cable. Plug one adapter into a wall outlet near your home network router and connect it with one of the supplied cables. Plug the other into a wall outlet near your TV, Blu-ray player, gaming system, or computer, and connect it with the other supplied cable. The two adapters immediately identify and connect with each other, and your wired home network is automatically extended to another room of your home. Add more adapters to access the Internet in more areas.
- turns an ordinary AC wall outlet into an access point for your home network
- starter pack includes two adapters
- each adapter features
- one Ethernet port
- one male AC adapter (plugs into wall outlet)
- one female AC adapter with surge protection (allows you to plug in other electronics)
- approximate maximum data transfer rate: 200 Mbps
- 128-bit encryption for a secure Internet connection
- designed for use with a broadband Internet connection
- direct connection to AC wall outlet recommended
- 3-1/2"W x 5-1/8"H x 1-1/2"D (each adapter)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 121662
What's in the box:
- 2 PowerNet 200 units
- Two 6' Ethernet cables (terminated by RJ-45 connectors)
- Instruction/Warranty booklet
- Information to consumers in application of EU WEE Directive 96/2002
Monster® PowerNet 200 starter pack reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Monster® PowerNet 200 starter pack
Overview: The Monster PowerNet 200 Starter Kit brings a high-speed Ethernet connection to any room in your home by instantly turning your home's existing electrical wiring into a high speed whole-home network. The PowerNet 200 Starter Kit consists of two PowerNet 200 units and two 6' Ethernet cables. The Monster PowerNet 200 is an easy, fast solution for high speed networking and internet access virtually anywhere in your home.
Note: You can also add more network connections in more rooms of your home with the PowerNet 200 Expansion Module (119PN200, sold separately).
Easy Installation: The PowerNet 200 Starter Kit is incredibly easy to set up; simply plug in the two included PowerNet 200 devices into an AC outlet (requires a dual 3-prong AC outlet) and they will automatically connect to each other. Once you have confirmed connection, you can then plug in your network devices into each of the PowerNet 200 units.
Note: You should not plug the PowerNet 200 into a power-strip that has surge protection. Doing so may prohibit PowerNet communications. For best performance, plug the PowerNet 200 directly into a wall outlet. You may plug surge protectors into the PowerNet 200 without affecting performance.
Ethernet Port with Secure Link: Each PowerNet 200 unit features an RJ-45 Ethernet port utilizing 128-bit AES encryption for safe, secure data transmission.
Note: All Monster PowerNet products have the same security key. They will automatically link to all other PowerNet products sharing the same electrical lines.
200 Mbps Performance: The PowerNet 200 Starter Kit is capable of speeds up to 200 Mbps for multiple connections to the internet or streaming high definition audio and video.
Note: Data transfer rates may vary according to electrical line conditions and will not exceed the capabilities of connected devices.
Two Surge Protected Outlets: Each Monster PowerNet 200 unit features two AC outlets with Dual Mode Plus surge protection and enhanced PLC filters.
- Advanced Dual Mode Plus: Dual Mode Plus surge protection automatically disconnects and sounds an audible alarm to protect your connected equipment against even the most powerful surges.
- Monster PLC Clean Power: The Monster PowerNet 200 Starter Kit maintains high speeds to even the most remote rooms of your home with PLC Clean Power filtering to reduce noise and interference on your electrical lines caused by appliances and other electronics. This not only improves network speed, it lets the PowerNet 200 Starter Kit work where other power line communication products will not.
Note: The Monster PowerNet 200 carries a 5 Year/$50,000 connected equipment warranty. Monster Cable will replace, or at its option, pay to repair or pay the fair market value of equipment that is damaged by an AC power surge while properly connected to the Monster PowerNet 200 device within 5 years of purchase, up to $50,000.
Status Lights: Each PowerNet 200 unit is equipped with Ethernet, Network, PLC, and Power status lights for easy network and power protection diagnosis.