- recessed low-voltage media plate with integrated 2-outlet AC receptacle
- allows for easy HDMI, optical, and coaxial cable passage
- low-profile design fits behind most TV wall mounts
- features a side cover plate with 1" and 2" knockouts for conduit or tubing
- three interchangeable plates are included to cover these openings
- includes a flexible opening plate, a 6-Port keystone plate, and a blank plate
- tamper-resistant 15-amp/125-volt duplex AC receptacle is UL-listed for safety
- features built-in, self-tightening mounting wings
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: Installation by a licensed electrician is recommended
- MFR # 45-0053-WH
What's in the box:
- Recessed low voltage media plate
- Snap-in cover plate with conduit/pipe knockouts
- Flexible pass-through accessory plate
- Keystone accessory plate
- Blank accessory plate
- 15A/125V Duplex receptacle
- Electrical box. 4 Mounting wings
- 4 Media plate screws
- 2 Duplex receptacle screws
- 4 Electrical box screws
- 4 Plate screws
- Grounding screw
- 4 Nuts
- Instruction/Installation Sheet
Metra ethereal Recessed Media Box II reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra ethereal Recessed Media Box II
Recessed Media Box II: The Recessed Media Box II (45-0053-WH) is designed to streamline power and cable management behind your flat-panel TV. The box features a side cover plate with knockouts for conduit or tube making it ideal for rough-in applications while allowing your TV or other display to be mounted flush to the wall.
Recessed Media Plate: The recessed media plate is perfect for managing and hiding in-wall HDMI and other types of in-wall audio/video cables, speaker wire, and Ethernet data cable behind your flat-panel television. Metal mounting wings are attached to the media plate and fasten tightly against the back of the drywall when installed for a quick and easy installation. The recessed media plate will require a rectangular cutout in your room's drywall.
- Cutout: 7.25" (w) x 7.125" (h) x 3.875" (d)
- Outer Frame: 8.125" (w) x 7.625" (h) x 0.1875" (d)
- Overall: 8.125" (w) x 7.625" (h) x 4.0625" (d)
15A/125V Duplex Receptacle: The Recessed Media Box II (45-0053-WH) includes a 15 Amp/125 volt duplex receptacle which mounts inside the recessed media plate using the supplied electrical box.
Side Cover Plate: A 3.1875" (w) x 5.0625" (h) cover plates is mounted to the recessed media plate and provides a 1" and 2" knockout for the pass-through of conduit or tube.
Accessory Plates: There are two openings inside of the recessed media box, one on the top and one on the bottom. Three interchangeable plates are included to cover these openings, allowing for multiple configuration options. Accessory plates include a six port keystone accessory plate, a flexible pass-through accessory plate, and blank accessory plate.
Tools Required: You will need to the following tools to install the Recessed Media Box II (45-0053-WH).
- Drywall saw
- Tape measure
- Philips-head screwdriver
- Utility Knife