About the Axxess XSVI-6523-NAV Wiring Interface
Upgrade your Ram
Upgrade your Ram
The XSVI-6523-NAV interface from Axxess lets you connect your new car stereo to your Ram's factory wiring harness. It provides the power, ground, and speaker connections for hooking up your new car stereo. This interface also supports Retained Accessory Power (RAP) which keeps the music going until the door is opened.
If you're installing a navigation receiver, the XSVI-6523-NAV wiring interface also offers the parking brake, reverse, mute, and Vehicle Speed Sensor (V.S.S.) outputs that you'll need. You can plug the Axxess steering wheel interface (sold separately) direclty into this interface, and keep your steering wheel audio controls working with your new car stereo. Warranty: 1 year.
Compatibility note: The Axxess XSVI-6523-NAV interface will not work with Ram models that have the factory 8" touchscreen display. If the factory Alpine audio system is present, this interface can be used although new speaker wires must be run to the output section of the factory amplifier.
Axxess XSVI-6523-NAV Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Axxess XSVI-6523-NAV Wiring Interface
Vehicle Compatibility: The XSVI-6523-NAV radio replacement interface module allows you to replace the factory radio in select Dodge vehicles with an aftermarket head unit.
|Dodge||Dart (small screen option)||2013-up|
|RAM||1500, 2500, 3500 |
(small screen option)
|Chassis cab 3500, 4500, 5500 |
(small screen option)
|Promaster (with 5" screen or NAV)||2014-up|
Product Features: The XSVI-6523-NAV retains your vehicle's factory R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power), factory Aux input, and factory rear-view camera. The XSVI-6523-NAV also provides accessory/illumination outputs, plus navigation outputs (parking brake/reverse/VSS) for aftermarket head unit installation. In addition, the radio replacement interface supports your factory steering wheel controls via an optional interface module (sold separately).
- Accessory + Illumination Outputs: There is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The XSVI-6523-NAV is designed to provide a 12-volt, 10-amp switched accessory output (red wire), along with a illumination output (orange/white wire) to make installation simpler.
- Navigation Outputs: The XSVI-6523-NAV provides essential wires required for aftermarket radios that have navigation. VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense), Reverse, and Parking Brake wires are provided. This helps to cut down the installation time, since the installer does not have to look for these wires in the vehicle.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.) function supplies power to the radio after the ignition is shut off until one of the front doors are opened. This function is retained by the XSVI-6523-NAV interface.
- OEM Aux/Back Up Camera: The XSVI-6523-NAV's harness features stereo RCA connectors which plug into your aftermarket head unit's rear-panel auxiliary input in order to keep your vehicle's factory Aux input. The harness also features a composite video connector which plugs into your aftermarket head unit's rear-view camera input in order to retain your vehicle's factory back up camera.
- OEM Steering Wheel Control Compatible (optional): The XSVI-6523-NAV interface features a right-angle 3.5mm connector that lets you keep your vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls via the optional Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface (120ASWC1, sold separately).
Color Codes: Wiring up the XSVI-6523-NAV is like wiring up any other wire harness that would attach to an aftermarket radio's harness. The Metra/EIA wire code can be found on the back of the interface's package that will aid you in the wiring of your aftermarket radio. The XSVI-6523-NAV interface contains the following wire leads:
|Blue/White (x2)||Amp Turn-On|
|Gray||Right Front +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front -|
|White||Left Front +|
|White/Black||Left Front -|
|Violet||Right Rear +|
|Violet/Black||Right Rear -|
|Green||Left Rear +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear -|
|Blue/Pink||VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense)|
|Bright Green||Parking Brake|
|Yellow Composite Video Jack||Backup Camera|
|Red/White Stereo RCA Jacks||Aux Input|
|Right-Angle 3.5mm Jack||SWC connector for ASWC-1|
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked