About the Metra 99-5722 Dash and Wiring Kit
Your Taurus is a great car, but its design makes it difficult to install a new radio without losing your climate controls and other handy factory features. Metra's 99-5722 dash and wiring kit allows you to install an aftermarket single- (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) receiver in your Taurus' dash while retaining your steering wheel audio controls, SYNC, retained accessory power (RAP), and the aux in jack.
Climate controls on your display
The kit includes a touchscreen display for climate control and personalization features. The included harness not only allows you to keep your factory features, it also gives you connections for an aftermarket backup camera and provides the outputs you'll need to install a NAV receiver. The steering wheel control adapter is built into the interface, allowing you to keep those convenient controls.
The kit is designed for use in vehicles with non-amplified or amplified systems (except for vehicles with the Sony system), and retains balance and fade controls. The dash kit is painted silver so it's a perfect match for your dash.
- install an aftermarket single-DIN (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) car stereo
- works in amplified and non-amplified systems (except Sony)
- package includes dash adapter and wiring harness
- includes touchscreen climate control interface
- retains steering wheel controls, SYNC, retained accessory power (RAP), and aux in jack
- provides NAV outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99-5722
What's in the box:
- Radio housing with integrated touchscreen display
- Vehicle harness
- Radio harness
- Video harness
- 2 AC vent trim-panels
- Double-DIN trim-ring
- Single-DIN trim-ring
- 2 Double-DIN brackets
- 2 Single-DIN brackets
- Ten #8 x 3/8" screws
- Installation Instructions
Metra 99-5722 Dash and Wiring Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra 99-5722 Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 99-5722 installation package allows you to replace your 2010-2012 Ford Taurus's factory radio with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining key factory features & functionality.
Double or Single DIN Dash Kit: The dash kit has been designed with high quality automotive grade ABS plastic to match the texture and paint of your Ford Taurus's factory dash panels. The dash kit will support installation of a single-DIN or double-DIN aftermarket head unit. Single-DIN radios will mount with the included pocket. Double-DIN radios will mount without pocket.
Integrated Touchscreen & Push-Button Control Module: The included 4.3" touchscreen and push-button control module lets your retain your Taurus' climate controls and vehicle customization functions. Use the touchscreen and push-buttons to control your vehicle's factory HVAC system and adjust vehicle personalization settings. The backlit push-button's color can be changed to over 250 different color options. The touchscreen also provides vehicle performance information that is delivered through the CAN Bus as well as a convenient way to reset the check engine light.
Radio Replacement Interface Module: The radio replacement interface module is built into the touchscreen & push-button control interface. The following factory features are retained.
- Factory Amplifier & Sub: The 99-5722 retains your vehicle's factory amplifier (except Sony factory amp) & sub. It can also be used in non-amplified factory systems.
- Ford SYNC: The Metra 99-5722 will retain the Ford SYNC system (including USB & Aux) through your aftermarket radio's rear-panel Aux input.
- R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power): RAP (Retained Accessory Power) keeps the radio powered on after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first.
- Built-In SWC: The Metra 99-5722 lets you retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls (no additional adapter required).
Note: Your aftermarket radio must be set to the Aux input to hear SYNC functions, such as USB & Aux.
+12V/10A Accessory Output: In the 2010-2012 Ford Taurus, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, so the 99-5722 is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire). Otherwise, you would need to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio.
Navigation Outputs: The Metra 99-5722 provides wired outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
Aftermarket Backup Camera Input: The integrated touchscreen features a composite video input for adding a backup camera (sold separately), so you can view a backup camera image on the integrated touchscreen monitor. There is a second composite video input which will not be used.
Wiring Harness: The included wiring harness contains the following bare wire leads which will need to be hardwired to your aftermarket radio and vehicle.
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
|Blue/Pink||Vehicle Speed Sensor|
The Metra 99-5722 Dash and Wiring Kit replaces these items
- install an aftermarket DIN (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) receiver
- maintains touchscreen heating, ventilation, and air conditioning controls
4 questions already asked