About the Metra 99-5840CH Dash and Wiring Kit
Metra's 99-5840CH dash kit allows you to install a single-DIN (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) car stereo in your 2015-up Ford Mustang while retaining your steering wheel audio controls. You'll retain your Ford's backup cam if your new radio has a camera input, and your steering wheel controls if your new car stereo has that capability. The dash kit also features a full-color 4.2" touchscreen which lets you retain your climate controls and personalization features. You'll also retain the use of the Ford amplifier and sub (if present), along with your fader control. Important Installation Note: You'll have to make modifications to install a new car stereo, including cutting into your sub-dash frame.
The dash kit's painted charcoal finish is designed to match your factory dash. The harness also supplies the outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense) you'll need to install a NAV receiver.
- install a single-DIN (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) car stereo
- includes painted charcoal dash panel, wiring harness, and all installation parts
- includes a 4.2" touchscreen display
- retains personalization menu
- full climate controls
- retains steering wheel audio controls and backup cam with compatible car stereos
- can be used with amplified or non-amplified systems
- retains factory sub
- retains balance and fader controls
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99-5840CH
What's in the box:
- Dash kit (with integrated touchscreen display
- Radio replacement interface module
- LD-2NAVAMP harness
- LD-FD54CAM harness
- LD-TSCREEN-FD3 harness
- LD-FDHVAC harness
- LD-TSCREENVID harness
- LD-SWC-F3.5 harness
- 28" USB extension cable
- 2 Brackets
- Engine start/stop circuit board and cover
- Four #8 x 3/8" screws
- Six #4 x 1/2" screws
- 4 Panel-clips
- Installation Instructions
More details on the Metra 99-5840CH Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 99-5840CH includes a dash kit with integrated touchscreen display and built-in radio replacement interface module, plus comes with wiring harnesses and adapters that allow the replacement of the factory radio in your 2015-up Ford Mustang (without factory navigation) with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining important factory features.
Single or Double-DIN Dash Kit: The included kit features high-grade ABS plastic and is contoured to match your vehicle's factory dashboard color and texture. The dash kit will fit most single-DIN or Double-DIN aftermarket head units. Single-DIN radios will mount with the included pocket. Double-DIN radios will mount without pocket.
4.2" LCD Touchscreen (w/ Climate Control & Vehicle Settings): The Metra 99-5840CH includes a 4.2" touchscreen display which mounts in the dash kit. Push-button controls are mounted on either side of the 4.2" LCD touchscreen. The 4.2" LCD touchscreen and push-button controls let you retain climate and vehicle customization functions that are normally lost when removing the factory radio are retained.
Retained Features: The Metra 99-5840CH's radio replacement interface module is built into the touchscreen & push-button control interface. The following factory features are retained -
- Factory Amplifier & Sub: The Metra 99-5840CH will retain your vehicle's factory amplifier and sub, along with balance and fade control. It can also be used in vehicles without factory amplifier.
- R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power): RAP (Retained Accessory Power) keeps the radio powered on after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first. The 99-5840CH will retain this factory function.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The Metra 99-5840CH lets you retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls when used with a SWC compatible aftermarket receiver (no additional adapter required).
- Factory Backup Camera: Your vehicle's factory backup camera is retained through the Metra 99-5845B. You can choose to have the camera display on the 99-5840CH's 4.2" LCD touchscreen or your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen. If you want the factory backup camera to display on your aftermarket radio's LCD touchscreen, the head unit must have a composite video camera input.
Note: The following connectors are not used - a female composite video connector labeled "AUX video", a stereo male RCA connector labeled "From 3.5mm", and a a stereo male RCA connector labeled "RSE/SYNC/SAT"
+12V/10A Accessory Output: In the 2015-up Ford Mustang, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, so the 99-5840CH is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire). Otherwise, you would need to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio
Navigation Outputs: The Metra 99-5840CH provides wired outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
3 questions already asked