About the Metra 99-5841B Dash and Wiring Kit
Your 2013-2017 Ford Fusion is a great car, but its console makes it difficult to upgrade the factory radio. Metra's 99-5841B dash and wiring kit allows you to install an aftermarket single- or double-DIN receiver in your car's dash panel, and the kit includes a touchscreen display that retains your climate control and personalization features. The kit also allows you to retain your vehicle's steering wheel audio controls, retained accessory power (RAP), factory backup camera, and balance and fade controls, and provides the outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense) you'll need to install a navigation receiver. SYNC is retained only in vehicles with the 4.2" screen.
The kit is designed for use in non-amplified systems. Its black painted finish matches your factory dash.
- includes touchscreen for climate control and personalization features
- retains steering wheel audio controls, retained accessory power (RAP), factory backup camera, and balance and fade controls
- retains SYNC in vehicles with 4.2" screen
- provides accessory power (12-volt 10-amp) and R.A.P. (retained accessory power)
- provides navigation outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense)
- designed for use in non-amplified systems
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99-5841B
What's in the box:
- Touchscreen display (w/ integrated radio replacement module)
- Dash kit
- LD-2NAVAMP harness
- LD-FD54CAM harness
- LD-FDCAM-12 harness
- LD-TSCREEN-FD3 harness
- LD-TSCREENVID harness
- LD-SWC-F3.5 harness
- Antenna adapter
- 2 Brackets
- Eight #8 x 3/8" screws
- 4 Panel-clips
- Installation Instructions
Metra 99-5841B Dash and Wiring Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra 99-5841B Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 99-5841B includes a dash kit, touchscreen display with built-in radio replacement interface module, plus comes with wiring harnesses and adapters that allow the replacement of the factory radio in your 2013-2017 Ford Fusion with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining important factory features.
Single or Double-DIN Dash Kit: The included kit features high-grade ABS plastic and is contoured to match your vehicle's factory dashboard color and texture. The dash kit will fit most single-DIN or Double-DIN aftermarket head units. Single-DIN radios will mount with the included pocket. Double-DIN radios will mount without pocket.
4.2" LCD Touchscreen (w/ Climate Control & Vehicle Settings): The Metra 99-5841B includes a 4.2" touchscreen display which mounts in the dash kit. Push-button controls are mounted on either side of the 4.2" LCD touchscreen. The 4.2" LCD touchscreen and push-button controls let you retain climate and vehicle customization functions that are normally lost when removing the factory radio are retained.
Retained Features: The Metra 99-5841B's radio replacement interface module is built into the touchscreen & push-button control interface. The following factory features are retained -
- Ford SYNC: The 99-5841B will retain the Ford SYNC system (factory 4.2" display screens only) through your aftermarket radio's rear-panel Aux input (a minijack-to-RCA may be required - sold separately). Your aftermarket radio must be set to the Aux input to hear SYNC functions.
- R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power): RAP (Retained Accessory Power) keeps the radio powered on after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first. The 99-5841B will retain this factory function.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The Metra 99-5841B lets you retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls when used with a SWC compatible aftermarket receiver (no additional adapter required).
- Factory Backup Camera: Your vehicle's factory backup camera is retained through the Metra 99-5845B. You can choose to have the camera display on the 99-5841B's 4.2" LCD touchscreen or your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen. If you want the factory backup camera to display on your aftermarket radio's LCD touchscreen, the head unit must have a composite video camera input.
Note: The following connectors are not used - a female composite video connector labeled "AUX video" and a stereo male RCA connector labeled "From 3.5mm".
+12V/10A Accessory Output: In the 2013-2017 Ford Fusion, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, so the 99-5841B is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire). Otherwise, you would need to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio
Navigation Outputs: The Metra 99-5841B provides wired outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
8 questions already asked