About the Metra 99-5842 Dash and Wiring Kit
Your Ford Flex is a great car, but its design makes it difficult to install a new radio without losing your climate controls and other handy factory features. Metra's 99-5842 dash and wiring kit allows you to install an aftermarket single- (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) receiver in your Flex's dash while retaining your steering wheel audio controls, SYNC, retained accessory power (RAP), backup camera, and the aux in jack. To retain SYNC, your new car stereo must have a rear aux input.
Climate controls on your display
The kit includes a 4.2" touchscreen display for climate control and personalization features. The included harness not only allows you to keep your factory features, it also provides the connections you'll need to install a NAV receiver. The steering wheel control adapter is built into the interface, allowing you to keep those convenient controls.
The kit is designed for use in vehicles with non-amplified or amplified systems, and retains balance and fade controls. The dash kit is painted to match your factory dash.
- install an aftermarket single-DIN (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) car stereo
- works in amplified and non-amplified systems
- package includes dash adapter and wiring harness
- retains steering wheel controls, SYNC, backup camera, retained accessory power (RAP), and aux in jack
- provides NAV outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99-5842T
What's in the box:
- Dash kit (with integrated touchscreen display and radio replacement module)
- LD-BX-FD2 wiring harness
- LD-2NAVAMP harness
- LD-TSCREENVID harness
- LD-SWC-F3.5 harness
- AD-CR1 antenna adapter
- 2 Bottom trim-panels
- Upper vent-panel
- Thermister housing
- 2 ISO-brackets
- Fourteen #8 x 1/2" screws
- Six #8 x 3/8" screws
- 7 Panel-clips
- Installation Instructions
Metra 99-5842 Dash and Wiring Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra 99-5842 Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 99-5842 includes a dash kit with integrated touchscreen display and built-in radio replacement interface module, plus comes with wiring harnesses and adapters that allow the replacement of the factory radio in your 2010-2012 Ford Flex (without factory navigation) with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining important factory features.
Single or Double-DIN Dash Kit: The included kit features high-grade ABS plastic and is contoured to match your vehicle's factory dashboard color and texture. The dash kit will fit most single-DIN or Double-DIN aftermarket head units. Single-DIN radios will mount with the included pocket. Double-DIN radios will mount without pocket.
4.2" LCD Touchscreen (w/ Climate Control & Vehicle Settings): The Metra 99-5842 includes a 4.2" touchscreen display which mounts in the dash kit. Push-button controls are mounted on either side of the 4.2" LCD touchscreen. The 4.2" LCD touchscreen and push-button controls let you retain climate and vehicle customization functions that are normally lost when removing the factory radio are retained.
Retained Features: The Metra 99-5842's radio replacement interface module is built into the touchscreen & push-button control interface. The following factory features are retained -
- Ford SYNC: The 99-5842 will retain the Ford SYNC system (including Aux input) through your aftermarket radio's rear-panel Aux input (a minijack-to-RCA may be required - sold separately). Your aftermarket radio must be set to the Aux input to hear SYNC functions.
- Factory Amplifier & Sub: The Metra 99-5842 will retain your vehicle's factory amplifier and sub, along with balance and fade control. It can also be used in vehicles without factory amplifier.
- R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power): RAP (Retained Accessory Power) keeps the radio powered on after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first. The 99-5842 will retain this factory function.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The Metra 99-5842 lets you retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls when used with a SWC compatible aftermarket receiver (no additional adapter required).
Note: The following connectors are not used - a female composite video connector labeled "AUX video", a stereo male RCA connector labeled "From 3.5mm", a male mono-RCA connector labeled "Center Channel", and a multi-pin DIN connector.
Backup Camera Input: The Metra 99-5842B lets you add an aftermarket backup camera to the dash kit's 4.2" LCD touchscreen.
+12V/10A Accessory Output: In the 2010-2012 Ford Flex, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, so the 99-5842 is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire). Otherwise, you would need to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio
Navigation Outputs: The Metra 99-5842 provides wired outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
1 question already asked