About the Metra 99-5843B Dash and Wiring Kit
Your Ford Focus is a great car, but its design makes it difficult to install a new radio without losing your climate controls and other handy factory features. Metra's 99-5843B dash and wiring kit allows you to install an aftermarket single- (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) car stereo in your Focus' dash while retaining your steering wheel audio controls, SYNC (including AUX and USB inputs), retained accessory power (RAP), and 12-volt accessory power.
Climate controls on your display
The kit retains your vehicle's 4.2" display screen for climate control and includes integrated controls for the vehicle's information center. The included harness not only allows you to keep your factory features, it also provides the outputs you'll need to install a NAV receiver. The steering wheel control adapter is built into the interface, allowing you to keep those convenient controls.
The kit is designed for use in vehicles with non-amplified systems, and retains balance and fade controls. The dash kit is painted matte black so it's a perfect match for your dash.
SYNC Note: You'll retain SYNC if your new car stereo has rear RCA aux inputs. You will need an RCA-to-Minijack adapter (sold separately) if your new car stereo has a rear 3.5mm auxiliary input.
- install an aftermarket single-DIN (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) car stereo
- designed for use with non-amplified systems
- package includes dash adapter and wiring harness
- retains 4.2" display screen
- retains steering wheel controls, SYNC (including AUX and USB inputs), retained accessory power (RAP), and 12-volt accessory power
- provides NAV outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense)
- built-in controls for your vehicle's InfoCenter
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99-5843B
What's in the box:
- Radio housing (w/ integrated push-button controls)
- Radio replacement interface module
- Interface-to-vehicle harness
- Interface-to-radio harness
- SWC harness
- Passenger airbag light panel
- Antenna adapter
- 2 Brackets
- 2 Carriage bolts
- Four #8 x 3/8" screws
- 2 Kep nuts
- 2 Panel clips
- Installation Instructions
Metra 99-5843B Dash and Wiring Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra 99-5843B Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 99-5843B installation package allows you to replace your 2015-up Ford Focus factory radio with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining key factory features & functionality. The Metra 99-5843B is only compatible with 2015-up Ford Focus vehicles that feature non-amplified factory audio systems (not compatible with amplified factory audio systems).
Double or Single DIN Dash Kit: The dash kit has been designed with high quality automotive grade ABS plastic to match the texture and paint of your Ford Focus' factory dash panels. The dash kit will support installation of a single-DIN or double-DIN aftermarket head unit. Single-DIN radios will mount with the included pocket. Double-DIN radios will mount without pocket.
Integrated Push-Button Controls: The dash kit includes integrated push-button controls for your vehicle's factory installed info center.
Radio Replacement Interface Module: The included radio replacement interface module lets you retain the following factory features of your Ford Focus.
- Ford SYNC: The Metra 99-5843B will retain the Ford SYNC system, including USB & Aux, through your aftermarket radio's rear-panel Aux input. (Audio sources only, does not retain Bluetooth for phone calls) A RCA-to-Minijack adapter (sold separately) will be needed if your aftermarket radio has a rear-panel 3.5mm Aux input and not a stereo RCA rear-panel Aux input. Your aftermarket radio must be set to the Aux input to hear SYNC functions, such as USB & Aux. This function works better if the aftermarket radio has a mute wire.
- R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power): RAP (Retained Accessory Power) keeps the radio powered on after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The Metra 99-5843B lets you retain the factory steering wheel controls of your Ford Focus when installing an aftermarket head unit with a steering wheel control input (no separate adapter required).
Note: There is a set of RCA jacks labeled "From 3.5" and a multi-pin DIN connector which will not be used.
+12V/10A Accessory Output: There is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness of the 2015-up Ford Focus, so the 99-5843B is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output. Otherwise, you would need to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio.
Navigation Outputs: The Metra 99-5843B provides wired outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
Wiring Harness: The included wiring harness contains the following bare wire leads which will need to be hardwired to your aftermarket radio and vehicle.
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
|Blue/Pink||Vehicle Speed Sensor|