About the Metra 99-5846B Dash Kit
Metra's 99-5846B dash kit allows you to install a single- or double-DIN stereo in a 2013-14 Ford F-150 with the 4.2" screen. This matte black kit features an integrated 4.2" LCD screen that gives you access to your climate controls, hazard button, and passenger airbag light. The included Axxess interface lets you retain your vehicle's steering wheel audio controls, retained accessory power (RAP), SYNC, factory backup camera (if equipped), and your factory amp with its balance and fade controls. The interface also supplies the outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense) you'll need to install a NAV receiver.
Metra designed this kit to be a perfect match for your truck's interior and the factory dash. Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this kit is compatible with your vehicle. Warranty: 1 year.
- works with DIN and double-DIN radios
- includes dash kit, wiring harnesses, replacement module, antenna adapter
- retains steering wheel audio controls, retained accessory power (RAP), SYNC, factory backup camera (if equipped), factory amp (with balance and fade controls)
- integrated 4.2 inch touchscreen and buttons
- controls most climate and vehicle customization functions
- includes hazard button and passenger airbag light
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99-5846B
What's in the box:
- Touchscreen display (w/ integrated radio replacement module)
- LD-BX-FD3 wiring harness
- LD-2NAVAMP harness
- LD-FDCAM-12 harness
- LD-TSCREENVID harness
- LD-SWC-F3.5 harness
- LD-5847-HAZ harness
- AD-EU1 antenna adapter
- Radio trim-panel
- Upper sub trim-panel
- Lower sub trim-panel
- 2 Single-DIN brackets
- 2 Double-DIN brackets
- Eleven #6 x 3/8" screws
- Four #8 x 3/8" screws
- 4 Panel-clips
- Installation Instructions
Metra 99-5846B Dash Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra 99-5846B Dash Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 99-5846B includes a dash kit, touchscreen display with built-in radio replacement interface module, plus comes with wiring harnesses and adapters that allow the replacement of the factory radio (w/ 4.2" screen) in your 2013-2014 Ford F-150 with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining important factory features.
Single or Double-DIN Dash Kit: The included kit features high-grade ABS plastic and is contoured to match your vehicle's factory dashboard color and texture. The dash kit will fit most single-DIN or Double-DIN aftermarket head units. Single-DIN radios will mount with the included pocket. Double-DIN radios will mount without pocket. The Metra 99-5846B allows for installation of your new aftermarket head unit in the upper or lower area of the dash kit.
4.2" LCD Touchscreen (w/ Climate Control & Vehicle Settings): The Metra 99-5846B includes a 4.2" touchscreen display which mounts in the dash kit. Push-button controls are mounted on either side of the 4.2" LCD touchscreen. The 4.2" LCD touchscreen and push-button controls let you retain climate and vehicle customization functions that are normally lost when removing the factory radio are retained. The kit also includes an integrated hazard button and passenger airbag light.
Retained Features: The Metra 99-5846B's radio replacement interface module is built into the touchscreen & push-button control interface. The following factory features are retained -
- Ford SYNC: The 99-5846B will retain the Ford SYNC system (including USB & Aux) through your aftermarket radio's rear-panel Aux input (a minijack-to-RCA may be required - sold separately). Your aftermarket radio must be set to the Aux input to hear SYNC functions.
- Factory Amplifier & Sub: The Metra 99-5846B will retain your vehicle's factory amplifier and sub, along with balance and fade control.
- R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power): RAP (Retained Accessory Power) keeps the radio powered on after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first. The 99-5846B will retain this factory function.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The Metra 99-5846B lets you retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls when used with a SWC compatible aftermarket receiver (no additional adapter required).
- Factory Backup Camera: Your vehicle's factory backup camera is retained through the Metra 99-5845B. You can choose to have the camera display on the 99-5846B's 4.2" LCD touchscreen or your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen. If you want the factory backup camera to display on your aftermarket radio's LCD touchscreen, the head unit must have a composite video camera input.
Note: There is a female composite video connector labeled "AUX video" which will not be used. There is also a multi-pin DIN connector which will not be used.
+12V/10A Accessory Output: In the 2013-2014 Ford F-150, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, so the 99-5846B is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire). Otherwise, you would need to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio
Navigation Outputs: The Metra 99-5846B provides wired outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?