About the Metra 99-5858CH Dash and Wiring Kit
Your 2011-15 Ford Explorer is a great car, but its console makes it difficult to upgrade the factory radio. Metra's 99-5858CH dash and wiring kit allows you to install an aftermarket single- or double-DIN receiver in your car's dash panel, and the kit includes a touchscreen display that retains your climate control and vehicle customization features. The kit also allows you to retain your vehicle's steering wheel audio controls, retained accessory power (RAP), factory backup camera, the factory amplifier and subwoofer, balance and fade controls, and provides the outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense) you'll need to install a navigation receiver. The included media adapter replaces the factory media hub, so you can keep the vehicle's factory aux input and dual USB ports if your aftermarket head unit is equipped with a rear-panel aux input and USB ports. The dash panel's charcoal finish matches your factory dash. This kit is designed to fit 2011-15 Ford Explorer vehicles with the 8" touchscreen. Note: does not retain Ford SYNC.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this kit is compatible with your vehicle. Warranty: 1 year.
- includes touchscreen for climate control and personalization features
- retains steering wheel audio controls, retained accessory power (RAP), factory backup camera, and balance and fade controls
- provides 12V/10A switched accessory output and R.A.P. (retained accessory power)
- provides navigation outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense)
- designed for vehicles with the 8" touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 99-5858CH
What's in the box:
- Radio housing with touchscreen display and integrated radio replacement module
- AXFD-USB media hub adapter
- LD-BX-FD3 wiring harness
- LD-2NAVAMP harness
- LD-FD54CAM harness
- LD-TSCREENVID harness
- LD-SWC-F3.5 harness
- LD-5847-HAZ harness
- BULK-EU1 antenna adapter
- 2 Brackets
- Four #8 x 3/8" screws
- Two #4 x 1/2" screws
- 2 Panel-clips
- Installation Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra 99-5858CH Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 99-5858CH includes a dash kit, touchscreen display with built-in radio replacement interface module, plus comes with wiring harnesses and adapters that allow the replacement of the factory radio (w/ 8" touchscreen) in your 2011-2015 Ford Explorer with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining important factory features.
Single or Double-DIN Dash Kit: The included kit features high-grade ABS plastic and is contoured to match your vehicle's factory dashboard color and texture. The dash kit will fit most single-DIN or Double-DIN aftermarket head units. Single-DIN radios will mount with the included pocket. Double-DIN radios will mount without pocket. The Metra 99-5858CH allows for installation of your new aftermarket head unit in the upper or lower area of the dash kit.
4.2" LCD Touchscreen (w/ Climate Control & Vehicle Settings): The Metra 99-5858CH includes a 4.2" touchscreen display which mounts in the dash kit. Push-button controls are mounted on either side of the 4.2" LCD touchscreen. The 4.2" LCD touchscreen and push-button controls let you retain climate and vehicle customization functions that are normally lost when removing the factory radio are retained. The kit also includes an integrated hazard button and passenger airbag light.
Retained Features: The Metra 99-5858CH's radio replacement interface module is built into the touchscreen & push-button control interface. The following factory features are retained -
- Factory Amplifier & Sub: The Metra 99-5858CH will retain your vehicle's factory amplifier and sub, along with balance and fade control.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The Metra 99-5858CH lets you retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls when used with a SWC compatible aftermarket receiver (no additional adapter required).
- Media Hub: The included media adapter replace the factory media hub, allowing you to retain the vehicle's factory Aux input and dual USB ports. Your aftermarket head unit must be equipped with a rear-panel Aux input and USB port(s). The media adapter has stereo RCA jacks, so if your aftermarket receiver is equipped with a rear-panel 3.5mm Aux input, then you'll need a 3.5mm-to-RCA adapter (sold separately). The included media adapter also includes a HDMI port for easier access to your aftermarket radio's HDMI input (if equipped).
- Factory Backup Camera: Your vehicle's factory backup camera is retained through the Metra 99-5858CH. You can choose to have the camera display on the 99-5858CH 's 4.2" LCD touchscreen or your aftermarket head unit's LCD touchscreen. If you want the factory backup camera to display on your aftermarket radio's LCD touchscreen, the head unit must have a composite video camera input.
- R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power): RAP (Retained Accessory Power) keeps the radio powered on after the key is off, until the driver door is opened or the OEM timer ends; whichever happens first. The 99-5858CH will retain this factory function.
- The Metra 99-5858CH does not retain the Factory Ford Sync System.
- There is a female composite video connector labeled "AUX video", a set of stereo RCA jacks labeled "From 3.5", and set of stereo RCA cables labeled "RSE/SYNC/SAT" that will all not be used. There is also a multi-pin DIN connector which will not be used.
+12V/10A Accessory Output: In the 2011-2015 Ford Explorer , there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, so the 99-5858CH is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire). Otherwise, you would need to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio
Navigation Outputs: The Metra 99-5858CH provides wired outputs for navigation radio installation; including a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.