About the Metra 99-6520B Dash and Wiring Kit
You bought a 2011-up Dodge Journey — great car, but its console makes it impossible to upgrade the factory radio. The Metra 99-6520B dash and wiring kit allows you to install an aftermarket single- or double-DIN receiver in the Journey's dash panel, while maintaining full use of the 4.3" screen in your dash.
The kit is designed for use in non-amplified systems (or if you're replacing the factory amplifier), and it retains all balance and fade controls. It also features a plug-in connector for Metra's ASWC-1 steering wheel control adapter. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface
- Interface harness
- Vehicle harness
- HAVC harness
- Radio housing
- A/C button housing
- 2 Radio brackets
- Console bracket
- 2 Panel-clips
- Six #8 x 3/8" screws
- Installation Instructions
Metra 99-6520B Dash and Wiring Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra 99-6520B Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The Metra 99-6520B installation package is designed to replace the factory radio in your 2011-up Dodge Journey (factory 4.3" screen) with an aftermarket head unit. The 99-6520B installation package is designed to be used in Dodge Journeys without a factory amplified sound system or when replacing the entire factory amplifier system.
Installation Kit w/ Factory 4.3" Screen & Climate Control Retention: The included mounting kit is designed for the installation of a single-din or double-din aftermarket head unit in your 2011-up Dodge Journey with the factory 4.3" screen. The kit is painted a scratch resistant matte black finish to match factory color, style, and finish. The factory 4.3" screen is retained for all driver information and climate control. You can also use the kit's backlit, rubberized buttons to control climate functions.
Video Inputs: The two video inputs integrated into the harness of the 99-6520B allow you to input video signals to the factory LCD screen on the dash above the radio location. This lets you view a video source and backup camera on the factory display.
- Video Source: The video input is controlled by data and will only work when the vehicle is in park.
- Backup Camera: The backup camera input is controlled by data and will activate when you put the vehicle in reverse.
Radio Replacement Interface: The included radio replacement interface retains many factory features that are normally lost when replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket head unit. The interface also features navigation outputs to make installing an aftermarket navigation receiver much easier.
- 12V/10A Accessory Output: In this vehicles, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The 99-6520B is designed to provide a 12-volt/10-amp switched accessory output (red wire), along with an illumination wire (orange/white wire).
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.) function supplies power to the radio after the ignition is shut off until one of the front doors are opened. This function is retained by the 99-6520B.
- Navigation Ready: The 99-6520B provides essential wires required for aftermarket radios that have navigation. VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense), Reverse, and Parking Brake wires are provided. This helps to cut down the installation time, since the installer does not have to look for these wires in the vehicle.
Optional Steering Wheel Control Interface: The included wiring harness features a right-angle 3.5mm connector that lets you keep your vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls via the optional Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface (120ASWC1, sold separately).
Color Codes: Wiring up the 99-6520B is like wiring up any other wire harness that would attach to an aftermarket radio's harness. The Metra/EIA wire codes can be found in the Installation Instructions that will aid you in the wiring of your aftermarket radio The 99-6520B interface contains the following wire leads.
|Accessory||Blue/white||Amp Turn On|
|Gray||Right Front +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front -|
|White||Left Front +|
|White/Black||Left Front -|
|Violet||Right Rear +|
|Violet/Black||Right Rear -|
|Green||Left Rear +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear -|
|Navigation||Blue/Pink||VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense)|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?