About the Metra Install Bay Active Hybrid HDMI Cable
Hybrid design + active processing = zero signal loss
Hybrid design + active processing = zero signal loss
Metra's Install Bay active hybrid HDMI cables are a great way to go when you have a long cable run between a 4K source and your 4K TV — even up to 260 feet! These cables support the maximum 18 Gbps bandwidth provided by the HDMI 2.0 standard, and they're rated for in-wall use. They can handle the latest advances in video technology, including 4K Ultra HD and HDR content.
Unlike conventional copper-based HDMI cables, these hybrid cables divvy up the signal-carrying duties among four fiber optic conductors and seven copper conductors. The other advantage of these cables is the "active" part — the built-in signal processing chip. It helps ensure that your signals travel from source to display with no loss or interruption. The cable is self-powered, drawing 5V via the HDMI connection to the source device, so no external power supply is needed.
These Metra cables are thin, lightweight, and flexible — their small bending radius of 45mm makes connections in tight spaces possible. The cables have labeled connector ends to reduce installation error (there's only one correct way to hook them up).
- active design uses a signal processing chip to ensure more reliable signal transmission over greater distances
- powered by the HDMI connection to the source device; no external power required
- hybrid cable design uses four fiber optic conductors and seven copper conductors
- cable is slim, lightweight, and flexible, with a small bending radius of 45mm
- supports HDMI features through version 2.0b:
- maximum bandwidth of 18 Gbps
- 1080p and 4K video @ 60p
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) for sending Dolby® Digital sound from a TV back to an A/V receiver
- CL3-rated for safe in-wall installation
- directional design — connection ends are labeled to reduce installation error
- gold-plated contacts resist corrosion
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IB-HDAOC-065
What's in the box:
- 65' Hybrid HDMI/Optical cable
More details on the Metra Install Bay Active Hybrid HDMI Cable
Hybrid Active HDMI/Optical Cable: This active hybrid cable contains both fiber optic and copper cores terminated by a HDMI connector on each end. It allows you to transmit HDMI signals long distances without an external power supply. With an advanced optical engine embedded, this hybrid active HDMI/Optical cable provides full HDMI signal integrity and supports a maximum data rate of 18Gbps.
HDMI 2.0b: The active hybrid HDMI/Optical cable is terminated with a gold-plated HDMI type-A connector on each end and fully complies with the HDMI 2.0b specification. The HDMI 2.0b specification means that it will support data rates up to 18Gbps, video resolutions up to Ultra HD 4K/60Hz (4:4:4) with 48-bit color depth (16-bit per channel), as well as lossless HDMI audio formats like Dolby True HD and DTS-HD. It also supports bi-directional EDID, as well as HDCP 1.4 & 2.2 communication. In addition, the cable is compatible with ARC, HEC, CEC, and Ethernet-over-HDMI.
Directional: This active hybrid cable can only be used in one direction. The HDMI type-A connectors are marked with "Source" and "Display". Each HDMI type-A connector must be plugged into the correct port to avoid signal loss. Make the appropriate connections with your Source and Display device turned off.
Note: Do not use any intermediate cables or adapters between the connections, as the signal transmission performance maybe attenuated.
Passive Power: The active hybrid HDMI/Optical cable is designed for use with the +5V passive power, supplied through pin 18 on the HDMI connection from the source device. This +5V connection, as well as powering the internal fiber optic module, is also carried through to the other sink via a full standard copper connection. Make sure that your source device is capable of delivering more than 500mA.
CL3 Rated: The active hybrid HDMI/Optical cable features a UL rated CL3 approved PVC jacket for safe in-wall use. It is intended for indoor use only; do not use it outdoors (contact with moisture must be avoided under all circumstances). The PVC jacket is also lightweight, flexible, and has a small diameter.
- Connector Type: HDMI Type-A
- Cable Type: Hybrid type with OM3 fiber and copper wire
- HDMI Version: HDMI 2.0b (fully supports bi-directional EDID and HDCP 1.4/2.2 communication, audio/video pass-through, Ethernet-over-HDMI, CEC/HEC, & ARC)
- Video Bandwidth: 18Gbps (6 Gbps per Channel + Clock)
- Max Resolution: 2160p60 4:4:4 8/10bit
HDTV: 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p deep color, 4K (60P), 3D Full HD 1920x1080
PC: WUXGA 1920x1200
- Passive Power Supply: 4.75 - 5.5V (no external power required)
- Power Consumption: 2450mW (max.)
- Connector: 0.75" (w) x 0.375" (h) x 2.4375" (d)
- Cable Diameter: 0.195"
- Bending Radius: bending the cable to a smaller radius will
irreversibly destroy the cable
- Short Term: 2.3125" (6cm)
- Long Term: 1.75" (45mm)
- Max Pull Tensile Load: 150N (15kg)
- Cable Lengths: available in 30', 50', 65', 80', 100', 130', 200', and 260' lengths
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked