About the Metra ethereal CS-HDBTP2UKA-70
Send 4K video to another room without a long HDMI cable
Send 4K video to another room without a long HDMI cable
The Metra ethereal CS-HDBTP2UKA-70 is a great choice for sending an HD or Ultra HD signal across a long distance. This package includes a transmitter and a receiver unit, which together send audio and video from one point to another through CAT-6 Ethernet cable.
These units support HDCP 2.2 and HDR-encoded content. They're ideal for connecting an A/V receiver to an overhead projector or wall-mounted TV without using an ultra-long HDMI cable.
- audio/video signal extender system
- send audio and video over long distances through CAT-6 Ethernet cable
- includes an HDMI-to-Ethernet transmitter and a Ethernet-to-HDMI receiver
- supports 1080p and 4K Ultra HD video transmission up to 70 meters/230 ft.
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- supports HDR- and 3D-encoded content
- PoH (power over HDBaseT™) support for flexible installation options
- supports multi-channel audio formats, including Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD™
- supports stereo PCM audio signals
- bi-directional IR pass-through for relaying remote control commands
- allows access to a computer system from a remote display by a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse
- LED indicators for power, signal status, and more
- AC power supply included
- two pairs of mounting brackets included (one pair for each unit)
- 5-3/8"W x 1-1/4"H x 4-3/4"D (dimensions are identical for the receiver and transmitter units)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS-HDBTP2UKA-70
What's in the box:
- HDMI HDBaseT transmitter
- HDMI HDBaseT receiver
- AC power adapter (attached 57" DC cord)
- 10' IR blaster cable
- 10' IR receiver cable
- 4' USB-A cable
- 4 Brackets
- 8 Screws
- Two-side tape
- User Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra ethereal CS-HDBTP2UKA-70
HDBaseT 2.0 HDMI Extender System: For extension of 4K Ultra-HD and HDR transmissions over long distances in residential or commercial applications, the Metra CS-HDBTP2UKA-70 offers HDBaseT 2.0 to distribute 4K UHD HDR and HD multichannel audio via HDMI, bi-directional SPDIF audio, two-way IR control, USB keyboard/mouse support, and PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT) - all along a single Ethernet Cat6 network cable (up to 230').
HDMI 2.0 In/Out: The Metra CS-HDBTP2UKA-70 offers HDMI 2.0 connectivity. The HDBaseT transmitter is equipped with a HDMI 2.0 input jack to connect your playback source device, while the HDBaseT receiver is equipped with an HDMI output jack to connect your TV or display monitor. The CS-HDBTP2UKA-70 supports the HDMI 2.0 specification standards and is HDCP 2.2 compliant for 4K UHD/HDR video.
- 4K Resolution: The HDBaseT HDMI extender system is compatible with Ultra-HD video resolutions up to 4k @ 60Hz with support of YCBR 4:4:4 color subsampling. It is also compatible with high definition video up to 1080p @ 60Hz; including 3D video. In addition, the system offers support for 1080i, 720p, and 480i video resolutions.
- HDR Formats: The Metra HDBaseT HDMI extender supports all the major HDR formats - including HDR 10, Dolby Vision, and HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma).
- HDCP 2.2 Compliant: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the HDMI splitter's inputs & outputs; HDCP is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
Multichannel Support with ARC (Audio Return Channel): In terms of audio over HDBaseT HDMI, the CS-HDBTP2UKA-70 supports 2ch PCM audio and multi-channel audio up to 7.1ch (including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD). The ARC (Audio Return Channel) function enables audio from a compatible TV or display monitor to be routed back from the HDBaseT receiver unit to the HDBaseT transmitter.
Bi-Directional SPDIF Audio Signals: The Metra CS-HDBTP2UKA-70 provides bi-directional SPDIF connectivity with an optical (toslink) digital input and output on the HDBaseT transmitter and receiver. The optical inputs and outputs support 2ch and multichannel audio signals up to 5.1ch (including Dolby Digital & DTS).
Ethernet Jacks (HDBT Out/In): The HDBaseT transmitter is equipped with an Ethernet (RJ45) output jack, while the HDBaseT receiver is equipped with an Ethernet (RJ45) input jack. A Cat6, Cat6a, or Cat7 network cable can be used to connect the transmitter and receiver together (up to a 230' run).
HDMI CEC: The CS-HDBTP2UKA provides transmission of HDMI CEC remote commands over its Ethernet Cat6 network connection.
Two-Way IR Control: The CS-HDBTP2UKA-70 can transmit discreet wide-band, two-way IR (20-60Hz) control signal commands together over the Ethernet Cat6 network cable connection. Each unit features one IR input and one IR output (both consisting of a 3.5mm jack). One 10' IR blaster cable and one 10' IR receiver cable are included with HDBaseT extender system.
USB Device Support: The Metra CS-HDBTP2UKA-70 allows access to a computer system from a remote display by a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse. The HDBaseT transmitter features a single USB-A port to connect your computer, while the HDBaseT receiver features two USB-A ports for a keyboard and mouse. The keyboard and mouse will be able to control your computer while its displayed on a remotely connected monitor.
Power Requirements: PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT) enables power to be passed along the Ethernet Cat6 network cable from one device to another for greater flexibility and convenience during installation, as well as improved energy efficiency compared to a permanent mains connection. The HDBaseT receiver will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet using the included AC power adapter, while the HDBaseT transmitter will receive its power over the connected Ethernet Cat6 network cable that runs between the receiver and transmitter.
Mounting Options: The HDBaseT receiver and transmitter offer a compact design that allows for easy placement behind a TV or display monitor (mounting brackets and hardware are included). The receiver and transmitter can also simply be placed on a flat table-top surface.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?