About the Metra ethereal CS-1X8HDMSPL5
Send an HDMI signal to eight displays
Have an HDMI source that you want to display across multiple TVs or monitors? This splitter from Metra makes it easy — simply connect your HDMI cables and you're ready to go. It supports 4K and HDR-encoded content, making it compatible with nearly any HDMI source.
- 1 input/8 output HDMI splitter
- supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 for passing 4K/60Hz Ultra HD content
- built-in scaling allows multiple resolutions simultaneously
- supports HDR and 3D-encoded content
- supports up to 7.1-channel audio, including Dolby® and DTS® formats
- 3-way switch lets you select from multiple EDID ("HDMI handshake") options
- requires AC power (adapter included)
- LED indicators for power and output status
- 9-3/4"W x 11/16"H x 4-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS-1X8HDMSPL5
What's in the box:
- HDMI spliter (1 input/8 outputs)
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord)
- AC plug insert
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Screws
- User Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra ethereal CS-1X8HDMSPL5
1x8 HDMI Splitter: The Metra Home Theater Group (HTG) CS-1X8HDMSPL5 is a 1x8 HDMI splitter with built-in scaling and EDID management that allows you to display a single source in multiple resolutions on up to 8 monitors or TVs, simultaneously. The CS-X18HDMSPL5 supports video resolutions up to 4K/60Hz (4:4:4) at 18Gbps, as well as 7.1ch multichannel audio.
Built-in Scaling: Built-in scaling provides the ability to take a standard definition, high definition, or ultra high definition resolution and downscale it to match each of the connected displays (up to 8), simultaneously. For example, show 4K/60Hz content on a 4K display while also showing the same content scaled down on a 1080p display. Unlike traditional splitters, this built-in scaling allows legacy devices to work with newer higher resolution displays in the system, without automatically defaulting to the lowest resolution. Video quality on newer TVs is no longer sacrificed by having an older model in the mix.
Note: This unit scales resolution only and does not scale framerate. To ensure functionality, verify that all displays support the source framerate.
HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2: The Metra CS-1X8HDMSPL5 is equipped with one HDMI 2.0 input and eight HDMI 2.0 outputs that support up to 4K/60Hz (4:4:) at 18Gbps, as well as 7.1ch multichannel audio. The CS-1X8HDMSPL5 is also HDCP 2.2 compliant. HDCP is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- Video Resolutions: The CS-1X8HDMSPL5 is compatible with ultra-HD video resolutions up to 4k/60Hz (4:4:4), as well as all formats of HDR (High Dynamic Range). It is also compatible with high definition video up to 1080p @ 60Hz; even 3D video. In addition it supports 480i standard definition video.
- Audio Formats: The Metra Home Theater Group (HTG) CS-1X8HDMSPL5 supports up to LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
EDID Management: The Metra CS-1X8HDMSPL5 supports three kinds of EDID handling abilities - Mixed, Auto, or Copy.
|Input Source||HDCP 2.2 Display||HDMI 1.4 Display|
|4K/60Hz (HDCP 2.2)||4K/60Hz (HDCP 2.2)||1080p/60Hz (HDCP 1.4)|
|4K/24Hz (HDCP 2.2)||4K/60Hz (HDCP 2.2)||1080p/24Hz (HDCP 1.4)|
|4K/24Hz (HDCP 1.4)||4K/24Hz (HDCP 1.4)||4K/24Hz (HDCP 1.4)|
Power Requirements: Metra's CS-1X8HDMSPL5 HDMI splitter operates off of standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter (Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz, 0.4A; Output: 5.0V/2A).
Mounting Options: The CS-1X8HDMSPL5 can simply be table-top mounted using its four integrated rubber feet. It can also be mounted to a cabinet using the included brackets and hardware.
Firmware Updates: A front-panel microUSB port allows for firmware and service updates.