About the Metra Helios In-wall Power Relocation Kit (CS-6X6PWR)
Easily send power and signal to your TV
Easily send power and signal to your TV
Sometimes the ideal spot on the wall for your TV doesn't have a power outlet behind it. This handy Metra kit solves that problem by creating a recessed two-outlet AC receptacle.
It allows you to conceal your wiring behind the wall, giving you a neat, clean installation. There's even a slot to pass your HDMI, optical digital, or coaxial cables from behind the TV down the wall.
How it works
Use the included drywall saw to create one opening behind your TV, and another opening towards the bottom of the wall. The kit comes with two wall inserts — one for each location — which are connected together by a nine-foot in-wall power cable.
Once everything's installed, simply plug your TV's power cable into the top insert, and use the included six-foot power extension cable to connect the bottom insert to a nearby AC outlet.
This helpful video from Metra walks you through each step of the installation process.
- recessed 2-outlet AC receptacle with A/V cable pass-through port
- creates a low-profile power outlet behind your wall-mounted TV
- connect your TV and a second device like a sound bar or amplified TV antenna
- includes pass-through for HDMI, optical digital, and coaxial cables
- fits behind most TV wall mounts
- includes separate power input module
- includes 6-foot AC power cable and 9-foot in-wall cable that connects input module to recessed outlet module
- includes drywall saw and 10-foot fish tape
- upper unit outer dimensions: 8-1/16"W x 9-11/16" x 5/16"D
- upper unit cutout dimensions: 6-3/4"W x 8-1/4" x 3-1/2"D
- lower unit outer dimensions: 3-5/8"W x 4-3/4"H x 1/4"D
- lower unit cutout dimensions: 2-7/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 2-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS-6X6PWR
What's in the box:
- In-wall box with dual AC outlets and attached 9' AC power cord
- 6' AC power extension cord
- In-wall housing
- Small fascia housing Large fascia housing
- 2 Screws
- Jab saw
- 10' Fish tape
- Installation Instructions
- Installation Template
Metra Helios In-wall Power Relocation Kit (CS-6X6PWR) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra Helios In-wall Power Relocation Kit (CS-6X6PWR)
In-Wall Power Relocation Kit: The Helios In-Wall Power Relocation Kit (CS-6X6PWR) allows you to easily hide power and AV cables of your wall-mounted TV and soundbar inside the wall without modifying your home's electrical wiring. This in-wall power kit includes everything your need to extend power and AV cables inside the wall up to your wall-mounted flat-panel television and soundbar speaker. The CS-6X6PWR lets you relocate your 110V AC wall outlet from it usual low on the wall position to right behind your wall-mounted flat-panel TV. The Helios CS-6X6PWR provides two AC wall outlets for your flat-panel TV and soundbar. It also has recessed openings for your audio/video, coax, and control cables.
Note: The Helios Relocation In-Wall Power Kit (CS-6X6PWR) is not intended for use in fire rated walls and installations.
Power Input Module: The power input module will install within 6' of an existing AC wall outlet. The power input module includes an in-wall housing with a recessed opening, a fascia trim-ring, and a 6' AC power cord. You'll need to cut a rectangular opening in the wall to install the power input module. The included 6' AC power cord features a male 3-prong connector that will plug into an existing AC wall outlet and female 3-prong connector that will feed into the power input module, where the power output module's attached 9' AC power cord will plug into. The power input module also has an opening to run your HDMI and analog AV cables from your source components through the wall and up to your TV and soundbar.
- Outer Dimensions: Width = 3.625", Height = 4.75", Depth = 0.25"
- Cutout Dimensions: Width = 2.875", Height = 2.625", Depth = 2.6875"
Power Output Module: The power output module consists of an integrated recessed wall box with two 3-prong AC power outlets, an AV cable opening, and attached 9" AC power cord. The recessed wall box has enought room to accommodate a small streaming device, such as an Apple TV or Roku device. The power output module will install behind your wall-mounted flat-panel TV and less than 9' away from the power input module. the power output module will require a custom rectangular cutout opening (a cutout template is provided). The power outputs module's attached 9" AC power cord feeds down through the wall to the power input module and plugs into its AC power cord's 3-prong female jack. The power output module's two 3-prong AC outlets provide power to your TV and soundbar. The AV cable opening allows you to run your HDMI and analog AV cables up to the TV and soundbar through the wall from your source components.
- Outer Dimensions: Width = 8.0625", Height = 9.6875", Depth = 0.3125"
- Cutout Dimensions: Width = 6.75", Height = 8.25", Depth = 3.5"
Tools Required: A jab saw, fish tape, and mounting template are included. You'll also need a tape measure, pencil, tape, level and philips-head screwdriver for installation.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?