About the Metra AV CS-C5ADE
Sometimes a long audio cable isn't enough
Sometimes a long audio cable isn't enough
Looking for a good way to send a high-quality audio signal across a long distance? Metra makes it easy with this extender system. It includes a transmitter and a receiver, which together send signal up to 450 meters (1,476 feet) over CAT-6 Ethernet cable — ideal for applications where regular audio cables just won't reach.
How this signal extender works
Connect your audio source to the transmitter using a short analog RCA, optical digital, or coaxial digital cable. Then run your long Ethernet cable from the transmitter to the receiver. A second audio cable feeds signal from the receiver to your amplifier. Please note that audio cables are not included and must be purchased separately.
- includes one transmitter unit and one receiver unit
- extends the effective distance of an analog RCA, optical digital, or coaxial digital cable
- audio cables sold separately
- maximum range of 450 meters (1,476 feet)
- send signal from one room to another over CAT-6 Ethernet cable
- supports PCM 2.0 and 5.1-channel digital audio signals
- does not support downmixing of audio signal
- included power supply only connects to one unit for simplified installation
- the other unit receives power via Ethernet cable
- mounting brackets included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS-C5ADE
What's in the box:
- Audio extender transmitter
- Audio extender receiver
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord) 4 Brackets
- 8 Screws
- Operating Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra AV CS-C5ADE
Analog & Digital Audio Extender: The Metra CS-C5ADE is an Audio Extender that lets you send analog & digital audio signals over a long distance (up to 1,480') using Cat 5e/6 c cable terminated by a RJ45 connector. The Metra CS-C5ADE consists of an audio extender transmitter and receiver. The transmitter will plug in at the source device, while the receiver plugs in at the amplifier.
Stereo & Multichannel Audio: The Metra CS-C5ADE Audio Extender supports 2ch stereo PCM, as well as 5.1ch Dolby Digital and DTS multichannel surround formats (including Dolby Digital EX, DTS-HD, and DTS-ES).
Note: Note compatible with Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HDMA, DTS:X, and other audio formats not listed above.
Analog & Digital Connectivity: The Metra CS-C5ADE is equipped with both analog & digital audio inputs and outputs. The transmitter is outfitted with an analog stereo RCA input, optical (toslink) digital input, and coaxial (SPDIF) digital input to connect to the corresponding outputs of your source devices. The receiver is outfitted with an analog stereo RCA output, optical (toslink) digital output, and coaxial (SPDIF) digital output to connect to the corresponding inputs of your amplifier.
- You can connect up to 3 source devices (one analog & two digital) to the transmitter, but only one audio signal from one source device can be transmitted at a time (the CS-C5ADE does not support transmission of 2 or more input sources).
- The audio signal from an analog source device connected to the transmitter's stereo RCA input can be transmitted and output through the receiver's analog stereo RCA, optical (toslink) digital, and/or coaxial (SPDIF) digital output jacks - all at the same time. The audio signal will remain in 2ch PCM stereo.
- The audio signal from a single digital source device connected to the transmitter's optical (toslink) or coaxial (SPDIF) digital inputs can be transmitted and output through the receiver's optical (toslink) and/or coaxial (SPDIF) digital output jacks - both at the same time. Digital audio signals can be sent in 2ch PCM, 5.1ch Dolby Digital, or 5.1ch DTS. Digital audio signals cannot be down-mixed and transmitted to the receiver's analog stereo RCA outputs.
Note: No analog or digital audio cables are included and must be purchased separately (see Accessories Tab).
RJ45 Ports: The CS-C5ADE's audio extender transmitter and receiver each feature an RJ45 port. A Cat 5e/6 cable (up to 1,480') will need to be connected between the transmitter and receiver. No Cat 5e/6 cable is included and must be purchased separately (see Accessories Tab).
Power Requirements: The CS-C5ADE comes with one AC power adapter that only needs to be plugged into either the transmitter or receiver (not both). The unit that is not plugged into the AC power adapter will receive is power via the Cat 5e/6 cable that is connected between the transmitter and receiver. The AC power adapter features an attached 5' DC cord and will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).