About the Metra Digital Audio Ethernet Extender Kit
Extend your digital audio connections
Extend your digital audio connections
Sometimes your audio installation requires some creativity to make what you envision work. Say you have a CD player in your living room that you want to connect to a rack-mounted amplifier in your basement. Traditional digital audio cables aren't long enough for the job. That's where this extender kit shines.
How it works
This package includes a transmitter and a receiver unit, which together send an audio signal from one point to another through CAT-6 Ethernet cable — all the way up to 990 feet away.
You'll connect your audio source to the transmitter using an optical digital or coaxial digital cable. You'll use another optical or coaxial digital cable at the other end, between the extender kit's receiver unit and your amplifier. (Digital audio cables are not included, and must be purchased separately.)
- audio signal extender system for components with an optical digital or coaxial digital connection
- send audio over long distances through CAT-6 Ethernet cable up to 990 feet away
- includes an optical/coaxial-to-Ethernet transmitter and an Ethernet-to-optical/coaxial receiver
- AC power supply included for the transmitter
- the transmitter provides power for the receiver so no separate power supply is needed
- optical digital or coaxial digital audio cables required; must be purchased separately
- 4-13/16"W x 7/8"H x 1-15/16"D (same for transmitter and receiver)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS-C5DE
What's in the box:
- Digital audio extender transitter
- Digital audio extender receiver
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord)
- Operating Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra Digital Audio Ethernet Extender Kit
Digital Audio Extender: The Metra CS-C5DE Digital Audio Extender lets you send digital (Optical or Coax) audio signals over a long distance (up to 990') using Cat 5e/6 cable terminated by a RJ45 connector. The Metra CS-C5DE consists of a digital audio extender transmitter and receiver. The transmitter will plug in at the source device, while the receiver plugs in at the amplifier.
Multichannel Digital Audio: The Metra CS-C5DE Digital Audio Extender supports multichannel digital audio signals, including Dolby Digital and DTS (up to 5.1ch/96kHz @ 12Mb/s with zero signal loss).
Optical & Coaxial Digital Connections: The CS-C5DE's digital audio extender transmitter and receiver each feature optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital audio connections. No digital audio cables are included and must be purchased separately.
- Transmitter: The transmitter is equipped with one optical and one coaxial digital audio input that connects to your source device. You can only connect one source device at the optical or coaxial digital input of the transmitter (you cannot use both inputs).
- Receiver: The receiver is equipped with one optical and one coaxial digital output that connects to your amplifier and speaker system. You can use both digital audio outputs (optical & coaxial), so you can send the same digital audio signal to two different amplified speaker systems.
Note: When used with only optical (toslink) digital cables, this active digital audio extender system further reduces the chance of picking up radiated noise from 110-Volt AC lines.
RJ45 Ports: The CS-C5DE's digital audio extender transmitter and receiver each feature an RJ45 port. A Cat 5e/6 cable (up to 990') will need to be connected between the transmitter and receiver. No Cat 5e/6 cable is included and must be purchased separately.
Power Requirements: The included digital audio extender transmitter comes with an external AC power adapter that features an attached 5' DC cord. It will plug into the transmitter and an AC wall outlet or surge protector. The included digital audio extender does not come with an external AC power adapter and receives its power via the Cat 5e/6 cable that is connected between the transmitter and receiver.