About the Metra Spyclops Mini Dome Camera
A dome camera for tight spots
A dome camera for tight spots
This weather-resistant IP camera makes it easy to keep an eye on your home or small business. It's smaller than a normal dome camera, so it can tuck in wherever you need some extra coverage. Its four-megapixel image sensor delivers crystal-clear HD picture quality. Built-in Power over Ethernet provides a safe, reliable connection and a neater, simpler one-cable installation.
How does it work?
IP cameras like this one connect to an NVR (network video recorder) via Ethernet cables. Known as PoE (Power over Ethernet), this type of connection carries power to the camera as well as passing video signals back to the recorder. PoE camera systems are ideal for installations where longer cable runs are required.
Great imaging — day or night
Wide Dynamic Range means you'll be able to see details, even in tricky, high-contrast lighting situations. The camera can also pick up what's going on at night up to 65 feet away, thanks to auto-activated infrared LED sensors.
Keep an eye on things, wherever you are
You can view the live stream or recorded videos on monitors connected to an NVR (not included) or remotely using the web interface. But the easiest playback option is the free Spyclops mobile app which allows you view footage on any iOS® or Android™ mobile device. You can also save still images and record video directly to your phone with the app's capture and record function.
- 1/3" OmniVision 4-megapixel CMOS sensor
- 2.8mm fixed lens
- HiSilicon digital signal processing for Wide Dynamic Range
- video formats: 4MP @ 20fps, 3MP/1080p @ 30fps
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) for reliable network connection and power
- Ethernet cable not included
- can also run on a separate power supply via the camera's DC connector
- IP66 rated for weather resistance
- infrared LEDs provide night vision up to 65 feet away
- free Spyclops mobile app features:
- view live stream and recordings
- save still images and record video directly to your mobile device with the capture and record function
- works with Metra Spyclops 8-channel NVR
- 4MP cameras must be set to 2MP within the NVR to be compatible
- ONVIF compliant
- 3-11/16" diameter x 3-1/16" height
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPY-MNDMWIP4
What's in the box:
- White Mini Dome IP camera with attached 2' cable (RJ-45 jack and DC power jack)
- Four M4 x 30mm screws
- 4 Plastic wall anchors
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Screw-on water-resistant plug cover (2 pieces)
- Ring gasket
- Foam insert
- Quick User Guide
- Warranty registration card
- Drill template
More details on the Metra Spyclops Mini Dome Camera
Overview: The SPY-MNDMWIP4 is a weather-resistant, ONVIF-compliant IP mini-dome camera for use in a closed-circuit video surveillance system. It has built-in IR LEDs to give the camera "night vision" for added security for your home or business.
Video Signal: The camera has a 1/3" 4-megapixel OmniVision CMOS image sensor with a high definition (2560 x 1440) video output. Its main stream is 4 MP at 20 fps, or 3 MP/1080P at 30 fps. The video signal is carried via an Ethernet cable (not included).
Lens: The SPY-MNDMWIP4 has a 2.8mm fixed lens to give you you an ultra-wide angle view.
Hex Screw: The camera has a single 3mm hex screw that allows you to adjust the camera position quickly. After mounting the camera, you can loosen the hex screw and aim the camera to the desired position, and tighten it to lock it down.
Night Vision: This IP mini-dome camera is equipped with infrared (IR) LEDs that provides night vision up to 20 meters (65.5 feet) at night.
Weather Resistant: The camera is IP66 rated for dust and water ingress. It can be used outdoors or indoors.
Power: The camera is powered by POE (Power over Ethernet), when used with a POE-equipped NVR. It can also be powered by a separate DC power supply connected to the DC barrel connector on the camera's cable pigtail.