About the Metra Spyclops IP Dome Camera
A reliable security camera
A reliable security camera
This weather-resistant IP camera makes it easy to keep an eye on your home or small business. Its four-megapixel image sensor delivers crystal clear HD picture quality. Built-in Power over Ethernet provides a safe, reliable connection and a neater, simpler one-cable installation.
How does it work?
IP cameras like this one connect to an NVR (network video recorder) via Ethernet cables. Known as PoE (Power over Ethernet), this type of connection carries power to the camera as well as passing video signals back to the recorder. PoE camera systems are ideal for installations where longer cable runs are required.
Easily adjust zoom and focus
There's no need to physically adjust the lens after installation, because the camera has built-in motorized autofocus. Plus you can control the 5X optical zoom from the web interface, NVR, or free Spyclops mobile app.
Great imaging — day or night
Wide Dynamic Range means you'll be able to see details, even in tricky, high-contrast lighting situations. The camera can also pick up what's going on at night up to 98 feet away, thanks to auto-activated infrared LED sensors.
- 4-megapixel CMOS sensor
- 5X optical zoom with autofocus (f=2.7-13.5mm)
- HiSilicon digital signal processing for Wide Dynamic Range
- infrared LEDs provide night vision up to 98 feet away
- video formats: 4MP @ 20fps, 3MP/1080p @ 30fps
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) for reliable network connection and power
- Ethernet cable not included
- can also run on a separate power supply via the camera's DC connector
- IP66 rated for weather resistance
- ONVIF compliant
- free Spyclops mobile app features:
- view live stream and recordings
- adjust zoom
- save still images and record video directly to your mobile device with the capture and record function
- works with Metra Spyclops 8-channel NVR
- 4MP cameras must be set to 2MP within the NVR to be compatible
- adjust zoom and view footage via web interface
- 4-3/4" base diameter x 3-13/16" height
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPY-DOMEWIP4AF
What's in the box:
- Dome POE surveillance camera with attached 26" cable (DC barrel and RJ-45 jacks)
- Water-resistant plug cover
- Four 1-1/4" self-tapping screws
- 4 Plastic wall anchors
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Quick User Guide
- Warranty card
- Drill template
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra Spyclops IP Dome Camera
Overview: The SPY-DOMEWIP4AF is a weather-resistant IP dome camera for use in a closed-circuit video surveillance system. It has an adjustable zoom control, and built-in IR LEDs to give the camera "night vision" for added security for your home or business.
Video Signal: The camera has a 1/3" 4-megapixel OmniVision CMOS image sensor with a high definition (2560 x 1440) video output. Its main stream is 4 MP at 20 fps, or 3 MP/1080P at 30 fps. The video signal is carried via an Ethernet cable (not included).
Lens: The SPY-DOMEWIP4AF has a 2.8-12mm zoom lens. You can adjust the zoom from your surveillance system's web interface, the DVR or NVR, or with the free remote viewing app. It also has a motorized automatic focus mechanism to keep your images sharp.
Night Vision: This IP dome camera is equipped with infrared (IR) LEDs that provides night vision up to 30 meters (98 feet) at night.
Weather Resistant: The camera is IP66 rated for dust and water ingress. It can be used outdoors or indoors.
Power: The camera is powered by POE (Power over Ethernet), when used with a POE-equipped NVR. It can also be powered by a separate DC power supply connected to the DC barrel connector on the camera's cable pigtail.