About the Metra HDMI Splitter and Extender Kit
Distribute content to four displays
Distribute content to four displays
This Metra kit lets you send 1080p content from an HDMI source to four TVs, projectors, or monitors. The transmitter takes the video signal from an incoming HDMI cable and converts it to CAT-6 Ethernet cable, which you'll run to each display location. Each included receiver accepts a CAT-6 connection, and converts the signal back to HDMI for easy connection to each of your displays.
Great for classrooms and retail spaces
This kit is particularly useful if you want to show content across multiple screens in a sports bar, classroom, or other commercial establishment. The included IR (infrared) extender cables even let you pass remote control commands through the system.
- includes an HDMI-to-Ethernet transmitter and 4 Ethernet-to-HDMI receivers
- ideal for conference rooms, restaurants, and other commercial applications
- compatible with cable and satellite boxes, streaming media players, laptops, and other HDMI sources
- distribute 1080p video to up to 4 displays at the same time
- supports 1080p video transmission up to 60 meters/196 ft.
- receivers convert CAT-6 Ethernet cable to HDMI so you can position them near your TVs or monitors and use short HDMI cables for connection
- receivers draw power from the transmitter so no local power supply is required at the display location
- transmitter has an HDMI output for also sending signal to an A/V receiver or local display
- bi-directional IR pass-through for relaying remote control commands (IR emitter and receivers included)
- LED indicators for power and signal status
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS-1X4HDSPLEXT
What's in the box:
- HDMI transmitter
- 4 HDMI receivers
- AC power adapter (attached 4' DC cord)
- 4' AC power cord
- 40" IR blaster
- Four 40" IR receivers
- 10 Brackets
- 20 Screws
- 5 Pieces of two-sided tape
- User Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra HDMI Splitter and Extender Kit
1x4 HDMI Extender Splitter: The Metra CX1X4HDSPLEXT is a 1x4 HDMI Extender Splitter that includes one HDMI transmitter and four HDMI receivers that allows you to extend 1 HDMI source to 4 separate HDMI displays over CAT6/6a/7 cable, up to 131' (40M). The HDMI source can be displayed simultaneously on all four HDMI displays.
Supported Video Resolution & Audio Channels: The CX1X4HDSPLEXT HDMI Extender Splitter supports high definition video resolutions (up to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz), as well as multichannel audio (up to 7.1ch). Supported video resolutions and audio channels include -
- 1080p @ 60Hz with 7.1ch
- 1080p @ 60Hz with 2.1ch
- 1080i @ 60Hz with 7.1ch
- 1080i @ 60Hz with 2.1ch
- 720p @ 50Hz with 7.1ch
- 720p @ 50Hz with 2.1ch (default)
- 480p @ 60Hz with 7.1ch
- 480p @ 60Hz with 2.1ch
- 480i @ 60Hz with 7.1ch
- 480i @ 60Hz with 2.1ch
Note: Not compatible with 4K video resolutions and is not HDCP 2.2 compliant.
HDMI 1.3 Input/Outputs: The included transmitter is outfitted with a HDMI input to connect your source device and a HDMI output to connect your main HDMI display. Each included receiver is outfitted with a HDMI output. All HDMI jacks support the HDMI 1.3 specification.
RJ-45 Jacks: The HDMI transmitter features two RJ-45 jacks, while each HDMI receiver features one RJ-45 jack. You can use CAT6, CAT6a, or CAT7 cables to connect between the RJ-45 jacks on the transmitter and the RJ-45 jacks on the two receivers.
EDID (Extended Display Identification Data): The CX1X4HDSPLEXT offers EDID settings through three dip-switches. See the User Manual for specific settings that will dictate video resolution and audio channels.
IR Passback: The HDMI transmitter comes with one 40" IR blaster, while each HDMI receiver comes with a 40" IR receiver for IR passback. IR passback allows you to operate your connected source device at the HDMI transmitter from the room of your display devices that are connected to the HDMI receiver. The IR commands are carried between the HDMI receiver and transmitters over the CAT6/6a/7 cable connections.
Note: Supported IR frequencies include 20 to 60Hz.
Power Requirements: The included HDMI transmitter comes with an AC power adapter (attached 4' DC cord) and detachable 4' AC power cord that plugs into the back of the unit and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately). All four HDMI receivers are powered through the CAT6/6a/7 cables that are run from the transmitter to the receivers (no separate AC power adapters needed).
Mounting Options: The HDMI transmitter and receivers can be simply placed on a shelf or wall-mounted using the included brackets and hardware (screws to mount the brackets to the wall are not included and sold separately at your local hardware store).
- Transmitter Dimenions:
- Without Brackets (mounted horizontally): 10.125" (w) x 0.9375" (h) x 5.1875" (d)
- With Brackets (mounted vertically): 11.125" (w) x 5.1875" (h) x 0.9375" (d)
- Receiver Dimensions:
- Without Brackets (mounted horizontally): 3.875" (w) x 0.875" (h) x 2.375" (d)
- With Brackets (mounted vertically): 3.875" (w) x 3.375" (h) x 0.875" (d)