About the Metra VT-GMRC-01 Wiring Interface
Problem: Installing an aftermarket receiver in many late model GM vehicles means losing the chime that warns the door is open, along with audible safety warnings.
Solution: Metra's VT-GMRC-01 GM Class II Data Bus Interface lets you replace the factory receiver in these vehicles and keep the door chime and all audible safety warnings.
Hook the VT-GMRC-01 to your aftermarket radio, mount the module in a location where the chime can be heard, and plug it into the existing factory plug. Get the great sound you want, and keep all important safety features intact. The VT-GMRC-01 will not work with OnStar equipped vehicles. 1-year warranty.
Important Note: Because your vehicle is factory-equipped with a special sound system, you will need to purchase this VT-GMRC-01 interface in order to keep your factory door chime (needed to keep audible safety warnings functioning) while providing a switched 12-volt power source for your new radio. If you do not use a compatible interface when you replace your factory radio, you will disable the audible warning system in your vehicle. Crutchfield cannot provide a free wiring harness for your vehicle, and we strongly recommend that you use the recommended interface when replacing this vehicle's factory radio. Failure to do so may result in serious injury or death.
What's in the box:
- GM Class II Data Bus Interface
- 24" Wiring harness (w/ a white 10-pin female connector on one end and a gray 24-pin male connector on the other end)
- Installation Instructions
Metra VT-GMRC-01 Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra VT-GMRC-01 Wiring Interface
Compatibility: The Axxess GMRC-01 is designed for use in select 2000-2011 GM vehicles with non-amplified factory systems (or when replacing the factory amplified system) and without OnStar.
|Express Van (full-size)||2003-2007|
|Savanna Full-Size Van||2003-2007|
Note: Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible and what additional accessories will be needed.
Retained Features: The GMRC-01 provides +12-volt accessory output, retains warning chimes, and retains R.A.P. (retained accessory power).
- +12V Accessory Output: In many GM vehicles, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The GMRC-01 is designed to provide a 12-volt/10-amp switched accessory output (red wire).
- Warning Chimes: The GMRC-01 retains factory warning chimes through the use of an on-board speaker.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of most GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The GMRC-01 is designed to retain this feature.
10-Pin to 24-Pin Harness: The wiring harness has a white 10-pin female connector (4 pins present) on one end and a gray 24-pin male connector (14 pins present) on the other end. The 10-pin connector plugs into the GMRC-01 and the 24-pin connector interfaces with the existing factory plug. The harness also includes 14 bare wires that will need to be hardwired to your new aftermarket radio's harness.
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
5 questions already asked