About the Metra Install Bay® Active Fiber HDMI Cable
A cable that goes the distance
A cable that goes the distance
Metra's Install Bay active fiber HDMI cable is a simple way to transmit HDMI signals over long distances. Its high-bandwidth design supports a maximum data rate of 24 Gbps — the highest rating we've seen for a long HDMI 2.0 cable. It can easily handle 4K/HDR signals, and in most cases can draw power directly through the HDMI connection at the source or display, with no external power required.
This cable has a removable headshell with a small connector cover and hook that makes pulling the cable through conduit easy. Its durable jacket is designed for in-wall installation, and is a smart choice for pre-wiring new homes thanks to a UL-rated jacket that won't split or break in colder temperatures.
Note: Make sure your source and display devices can deliver at least 500mA voltage through their HDMI ports. If not, you can use the included 38-inch microUSB-to-USB cable to get power to the Metra active cable by connecting to a USB Type A port on your source or display device.
- active design uses a signal processing chip to ensure more reliable signal transmission over greater distances
- powered by the HDMI connection to the source device; no external power required
- 38-inch microUSB-to-USB cable to supply power if HDMI voltage from source or display is insufficient
- hybrid optical fiber technology enables a slim, lightweight, and flexible cable
- supports HDMI 2.0 features:
- supports 4K/60Hz and HDR
- maximum bandwidth of 24 Gbps
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- Audio Return Channel (ARC and eARC) for sending Dolby® Digital sound from a TV back to an A/V receiver
- CL3-rated for safe in-wall installation
- directional design - connection ends are labeled to reduce installation error
- detachable headshell leaves a small connector for easier pulling through conduit
- includes connector cover with hook for pulling through conduit
- gold-plated contacts resist corrosion
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IB-HDAOCD-065
What's in the box:
- 65' Hybrid active HDMI/Optical cable with detachable HDMI connectors
- 38" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Plastic clamp
Metra Install Bay® Active Fiber HDMI Cable reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra Install Bay® Active Fiber HDMI Cable
Hybrid Active HDMI/Optical Cable: This active hybrid cable allows you to transmit HDMI signals long distances without an external power supply. It provides full HDMI signal integrity and supports a maximum data rate of 24Gbps.
HDMI 2.0: The hybrid active HDMI/Optical cable fully complies with the HDMI 2.0 specification. The HDMI 2.0 specification means that it will support data rates up to 24Gbps, video resolutions up to Ultra HD 4K@60Hz and HDR (4:4:4), as well as lossless HDMI audio formats like Dolby True HD and DTS-HD. It also supports bi-directional EDID, as well as HDCP 1.4 & 2.2 communication. In addition, the cable is compatible with ARC/eARC, CEC, and Ethernet-over-HDMI.
Detachable HDMI Connectors: This hybrid active HDM/Optical cable includes two detachable HDMI connectors that are easily attached on each end of the cable after pre-wiring. These detachable HDMI connectors attach directly to the proprietary connectors on each end of the hybrid acitve HDMI/Optical cable. This detachable connector design is so that the cable can be easily installed in tight, hidden spaces and in conduit when required.
- Dimensions of Pre-Terminated Connectors: 0.5625" (w) x 0.375" (h) x 1.5625" (d)
- Dimensions of Detachable Connectors: 0.875" (w) x 0.4375" (h) x 2.75" (d)
Directional: This hybrid active cable can only be used in one direction. The connectors on each end of the cable are marked with "Source" and "Display". Each HDMI connector must be plugged into the correct port to avoid signal loss. Make the appropriate connections with your Source and Display device turned off. Do not use any intermediate cables or adapters between the connections, as the signal transmission performance maybe attenuated.
Passive Power: The hybrid active HDMI/Optical cable is designed for use with the +5V passive power, supplied through pin 18 on the HDMI connections from the source and display device. Make sure that your source and display devices are capable of delivering more than 500mA. If your device does not deliver 500mA throught its HDMI port, you can use the included 38" microUSB-to-USB cable to get power to the hybrid active HDMI/Optical cable by using a free USB-A port on your source or display device.
CL3 Rated: The hybrid active HDMI/Optical cable features a UL and CL3 approved PVC jacket for safe in-wall use. It is intended for indoor use only; do not use it outdoors (contact with moisture must be avoided under all circumstances). The PVC jacket is also lightweight, flexible, and has a small diameter of only 0.1875".
2 questions already asked