About the Metra CS-HDMABO1
Keep using your favorite gear
Keep using your favorite gear
New audio/video sources often don't have the kinds of connections found on older audio gear. With this Metra breakout box, that's not a problem. The CS-HDMAB01 converter can extract audio signals from an HDMI-equipped component and pass them to a range of outputs: coaxial digital, optical digital, analog audio, or HDMI.
5.1-channel surround sound and stereo options
You can select 5.1 channel mode to pass a surround sound signal to either the HDMI or optical digital outputs. In two-channel mode, the device will send a stereo signal to any of its outputs.
Note: does not downmix Dolby® or DTS encoded audio
- extracts audio from an HDMI input and sends a digital or analog signal to a separate device
- HDMI pass-through output
- optical digital output
- coaxial digital output
- 3.5mm stereo analog output
- "5.1ch" mode passes 5.1-channel audio to HDMI and optical digital outputs
- analog stereo and coaxial digital outputs disabled
- "2ch" mode passes 2-channel stereo to all the outputs, including HDMI
- does not downmix Dolby® or DTS encoded audio
- "pass" mode sends audio/video signals from the HDMI input through the HDMI output
- disables audio signals on all other outputs
- 10.2 Gbps HDMI bandwidth supports 4K/30Hz and 1080p video
- 2-7/8"W x 1"H x 4-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS-HDMABO1
What's in the box:
- HDMI audio breakout box
- AC power adapter (attached 43" DC cord)
- 12" Male stereo minijack to female stereo RCA adapter cable
- User Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra CS-HDMABO1
HDMI Audio Breakout Box: The Metra CS-HDMABO1 helps you add optical (toslink), digital coax, or 3.5mm stereo analog audio connections to an HDMI audio/video signal.
Connections: The Metra CS-HDMABO1 features HDMI 2.0, optical/coax digital, and analog connectivity.
- HDMI 2.0 In/Out: There is a single HDMI 2.0 input and HDMI 2.0 output that are HDCP 2.2 compatible and support up to 10.2Gbps.
- Optical & Coaxial Digital Outputs: The two digital inputs consist of one optical (toslink) digital input and one coax (RCA) digital input.
- 3.5mm Analog Output: The analog output consists of a 3.5mm stereo minijack and comes with a 12" minijack-to-RCA adapter.
Audio Output Switch: The output switch determines what type of audio signal is output from the CS-HDMABO1. You can select from Pass, 2ch, or 5.1ch.
- Pass: This is an HDMI pass-through mode which allows audio (up to 5.1ch) and video (up to 4K/30Hz) from the HDMI input to be output from the device's HDMI output jack. There will be no audio output from any other connection.
- 2ch: This is a two channel stereo mode which allows only a 2ch stereo PCM audio signal to be output from the devices HDMI, optical (toslink), coax digital, or 3.5mm analog output terminals.
- 5.1ch: This is a 5.1 channel mode which allows a 5.1ch audio signal to be output from the device's HDMI or optical (toslink) output terminals.
AC Power Adapter: The CS-HDMABO1 comes with an AC power adapter which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).