About the Metra HDM-JR3
Resolve handshake issues
Is your home theater system experiencing audio dropout or HDCP handshake issues? Metra's HDM-JR3 can help resolve them. This simple-to-install, passthrough device improves the reliability of your system's low-speed communications by stripping the capacative loading off the EDID (extended display identification data) bus. Put simply, it can help your HDMI-enabled devices talk to each other.
- one female HDMI jack and one male HDMI connector
- plugs into HDMI source output or display input
- fixes most EDID issues including HDCP handshake issues and audio dropout
- bi-directional EDID repair benefits both input and output stages
- supports 24 Gbps (4 x 6 Gbps per channel)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HDM-JR3
What's in the box:
- HDMI signal conditioner
- Product Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra HDM-JR3
HDMI Signal Conditioner: The HDM-JR3, also known as the "Junior Plus", is a HDMI signal conditioner that strips capacitive loading off of the DDC (EDID) Bus, which reduces the Data Rise and improves the consistency and reliability of the low speed communications. The Junior Plus (HDM-JR3) resolves two common failures that occur within the low-speed EDID communication bus - voltage swing issues and acceleration of the data speed. The Junior Plus (HDM-JR3) is specifically designed to combat against "Rise Time" issues commonly found on the DDC channel (EDID) of the HDMI interface, while reducing the cable's capacitive issues loading by 50% to deal with voltage and current equipment incompatibilities within the new EDID substructure. Overall, it increases compatibility between devices that have different data tolerances to minimize failures, as well as between multiple brands of HDMI-enabled electronics. This can be caused by cables, printed circuit boards, and environmental conditions. Black screens, long sync times, audio dropouts, and more can be prevented by installing this device into an HDMI enabled system.
- While fully backward compatible, the HDM-JR3 has been redesigned for most modern components, providing 6Gbps on 4 channels to support a total of 24Gbps bandwidth without loss of signal integrity.
- This HDMI low-speed data correction tool offers Bi-Directional EDID Repair benefits for both input and output HDMI stages.
- The Junior Plus features a female HDMI jack and male HDMI connector that connects in-line with your HDMI cable (normally as the source side).
- It is powered by your component's HDMI jack and features a RF shielded metal case.
- Supports HDCP 2.2, 4K Ultra-HD, HDR, BT 2020, and Deep Color.