About the Metra ethereal CS-HDMW
Skip the long HDMI run to your projector
Skip the long HDMI run to your projector
Broadcast HD content to your TV or projector without having to run a long HDMI cable.
If you've been looking for a high-quality wireless solution for your home theater, consider Metra's CS-HDMW system. It is a transmitter and receiver combo that takes an incoming HDMI source and transmits it up to 650 feet to your display.
The RF-based signal gives you robust signal transmission — even through walls. Keep your receiver or other HDMI source in an equipment closet or cabinet and enjoy full 1080p video without having to run a long, expensive HDMI cable across your room.
Connect your home theater receiver's HDMI output to the transmitter. The signal is beamed to the wireless receiver which plugs into an HDMI input on your TV or projector. Any content that is fed through your receiver will instantly appear on your screen.
If you have a TV installed above a fireplace, or a projector mounted to a hard-to-access ceiling, you'll appreciate how much time and installation hassle this will save you.
Use your existing remote control
Metra includes an IR receiver and blaster so that you can relay remote control commands to your equipment. Simply position the IR receiver within line of sight of your remote and it will send commands to the IR blaster positioned in front of the HDMI source.
- wireless HDMI kit includes separate transmitter and receiver units
- transmit an HDMI source to your display up to 650 feet away
- RF signal works through walls to simplify installation
- supports IR remote commands to control source component
- infrared blaster and receiver are included
- supports 1080p resolution, HDCP compliant
- 7-3/4"W x 1-1/4"H x 5-7/16"D (each)
- AC power adapters included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS-HDMW
What's in the box:
- HDMI wireless transmitter (TX)
- HDMI wireless receiver (RX)
- 2 AC power adapters (attached 47" DC cord)
- 2 Antennas (pre-installed)
- IR blaster (attached 39" cable terminated by a male 3.5mm connector)
- IR receiver (attached 39" cable terminated by a male 3.5mm connector)
- User Manual
Metra ethereal CS-HDMW reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra ethereal CS-HDMW
Wireless HDMI Extender: Metra's CS-HDMW wireless HDMI extender system extends HDMI signal wirelessly from source device to display device, up to approximately 650 feet (200 meters). The system consists of a wireless HDMI transmitter, wireless HDMI receiver, IR blaster, IR receiver, and two AC power adapters. It requires no cables between transmitter and receiver which makes the installation easy and clean.
Note: Wireless transmission distance will be different based on environment. Wall, brick, or glass will shorten the signal cover range or cause signal loss. Other wireless signals (like microwaves, WiFi, RF, or Bluetooth) may cause interference.
HDMI 1.3: The wireless HDMI transmitter is fitted with a HDMI 1.3 input to connect your source device (such as a Blu-ray player, Game Console, or Satellite/Cable box), while the wireless HDMI receiver is fitted with a HDMI 1.3 output to connect your display (such as a TV or front-projector). The transmitter wirelessly transmits the HDMI audio/video signal from the connected source to the wireless receiver and connected display.
- Supported Video Resolution: Supported video resolutions include 480i@60Hz, 480p@60Hz, 576i@50Hz, 576p@50Hz, 720p@50/60Hz, 1080i@50/60Hz, and 1080p@50/60Hz.
- Supported Audio Format: The system will transmit a 2ch PCM stereo signal only.
Note: Not compatible with 4K video signals or multichannel audio signals.
IR Remote Control: Thanks to the wireless HDMI transmitter's IR blaster and the wireless HDMI receiver's IR receiver, you are able to control your source component using its IR remote in the display's location.
Mounting Options: Both, the wireless HDMI transmitter & receiver feature integrated mounting ears that allow you to vertically mount them on a cabinet or wall (mounting screws not included). Or, they can simply be placed horizontally on a flat surface.
Power Requirements: Both, the wireless HDMI transmitter & receiver will require AC power. Two AC power adapters (Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.6A; Output: 5V/3A) are included.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked