About the Metra ethereal CS-IRKITCCUS
Control all of your A/V gear, plus a little more
Control all of your A/V gear, plus a little more
This Metra infrared repeater kit gives you easy remote control of your home theater receiver and other A/V gear placed in an enclosed cabinet, where your regular IR remote's signals can't reach. It includes four dual-emitter IR blasters that give you control of up to eight components. This kit also acts as an open/close contact relay (more on that in a moment).
Simple, intuitive set up
The low-profile IR sensor gets mounted on your TV's bezel or stand within line of sight of your remotes. The sensor receives your remotes' commands and relays them back to an IR hub hidden away inside the cabinet. The hub in turn sends the commands to each of the four dual-output infrared emitters, which you place in front of your components. Use any of your existing remote controls or a universal one to control your equipment.
Send open and close relay commands
This system also acts a "dry" (voltage-free) contact relay, offering open and close signals to a connected device that uses an external power supply. This is useful if, for example, you have a motorized projector screen that you want to operate using your TV's remote control. You can teach the repeater system to lower the screen when the circuit is closed, and raise it back up when the circuit is open.
Metra also recommends this kit for use with Ethereal HDM-AIO or HDM-VCT HDMI repair devices, which allows them to "reboot" without having to manually disconnect the power source.
- IR repeater system with IR receiver, connecting block, and four dual-output IR emitters
- use your existing remotes to control equipment hidden in a closed cabinet or rack
- control up to eight audio/video components
- repeater hub has "dry" (voltage-free) contact relays with discrete open and close commands
- send on/off commands to motorized blinds, projector screens, or TV lifts
- supports up to 36 volts DC
- open and close LED indicators provide operation status
- includes four 3-meter IR emitter cables (just under 10 feet each)
- 12-volt power supply included for IR transmitter
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CS-IRKITCCUS
What's in the box:
- IR connecting block w/ relay interface
- AC power adapter (attached 5.5' DC cord)
- IR receiver (attached 10' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm connector)
- 4 IR emitters (attached 10' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Screws
- Two-side tape
- User Manual
More details on the Metra ethereal CS-IRKITCCUS
IR (Infrared) Replication: With the CS-IRKITCCU you can extend the IR signals of a remote control and make it possible to control multiple devices and components while they are hidden inside a closed cabinet or simply positioned out of sight. The CS-IRRKITCCU is equipped with one IR input and comes with one 10' IR receiver. It also features 6 IR outputs and comes with four 10' IR emitters. It can receive frequencies between 38kHz - 58kHz and transmit frequencies between 38kHz - 56kHz.
- Hide-Away Box: The included hide-away box features an IR receiver input and six IR emitter outputs. The IR receiver input & emitter outputs consist of 3.5mm minijack terminals. As the hub of the IR repeater system, it receives signals from the remotely located infrared receiver and channels them to the remotely located IR emitters and your components. The hide-away box can be mounted in a discreet location on top of furniture or next to a TV to replicate infrared signals from your IR remote controls.
- IR Receiver: The CS-IRKITCCUS includes one IR receiver which features an attached 10' cable that is terminated by a male 3.5mm connector that plugs into the hide-away repeater/relay box. The "eye" of the IR receiver is located in the tip of the IR receiver and should be facing the area from which you will be using your remote controls. Use the included two-side tape to stick the IR receiver to a clean, flat surface.
- Four IR Emitters: The CS-IRKITCCUS comes with a total four IR emitters with an attached 10' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm connector that plugs into the hide-away repeater/relay box. The IR emitters should be attached directly over your components' IR receptors using the integrated peel-&-stick tape.
Note: You'll enjoy increased range in dimmer applications, as this IR repeater system has more sensitivity with less ambient light. Protect the IR receiver from plasma screens and devices that emit too much low-frequency RF or an excess of ambient light, including direct sunlight, floodlights, and some halogen or fluorescent lamps.
Relay Control w/ IR Learning: The CS-IRKITCCUS is equipped with a 4-port phoenix-style connecting terminal to allow the wiring of a relay controlled devices - such as motorized TV lifts, screens, and drapery systems. The CS-IRKITCCUS is very unique in that it has the ability to learn two IR codes (38kHz only) from most remotes to provide a Dry Contact Closure interface to relay controlled devices. The unit also comes equipped with five LED indicators to show learning and operating status, plus two buttons to enable the IR code learning process.
Note: This a contact closure device only; do not connect power to the phoenix connector.
Mounting Options: The CS-IRKITCCUS can be mounted vertically or horizontally to a flat surface using its integrated mounting flanges and included screws.
AC Power Adapter: The CS-IRKITCCUS operates off of standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter with 5.5' DC cord.
1 question already asked