About the Metra LC-GMRC-01 Wiring Interface
Problem: Installing an aftermarket receiver in many late model GM vehicles means losing the chime that warns the door is open, along with audible safety warnings.
Solution: Metra's LC-GMRC-01 GM Class II Data Bus Interface lets you replace the factory receiver in these vehicles and keep the door chime and all audible safety warnings. It also keeps your vehicle's Retained Accessory Power (RAP) feature working.
Wire up the LC-GMRC-01 to your aftermarket radio, mount the module in a location where the chime can be heard, and plug it into the existing factory plug. Get the great sound you want, and keep all important safety features intact. The LC-GMRC-01 does not retain OnStar and it's designed for non-amplified factory systems or systems in which the factory amp has been bypassed. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: This LC-GMRC-01 interface allows you to keep your factory door chime (needed to keep audible safety warnings functioning) while providing a switched 12-volt power source for your new radio. If you do not use a compatible interface when you replace your factory radio, you will disable the audible warning system in your vehicle. Crutchfield cannot provide a free wiring harness for your vehicle, and we strongly recommend that you use this interface when replacing this vehicle's factory radio. Failure to do so may result in serious injury or death.
Metra LC-GMRC-01 Wiring Interface reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra LC-GMRC-01 Wiring Interface
Vehicle Compatibility: The Axxess LC-GMRC-01 is designed for use in select 2000-2011 GM vehicles with non-amplified factory systems (or when replacing the entire factory sound system, including factory amplifiers) and without OnStar.
|Express Van (full-size)||2003-2007|
|Savanna Full-Size Van||2003-2007|
Retained Features: The LC-GMRC-01 provides +12-volt accessory output, retains warning chimes, and retains R.A.P. (retained accessory power).
- +12V Accessory Output: In many GM vehicles, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The LC-GMRC-01 is designed to provide a 12V/3A switched accessory output (red wire).
- Warning Chimes: The LC-GMRC-01 retains factory warning chimes through the use of an on-board speaker.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of most GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The LC-GMRC-01 is designed to retain this feature.
10-Pin to 24-Pin Harness: The wiring harness has a white 10-pin female connector (4 pins present) on one end and a gray 24-pin male connector (14 pins present) on the other end. The 10-pin connector plugs into the LC-GMRC-01 and the 24-pin connector interfaces with the existing factory plug. The harness also includes 14 bare wires that will need to be hardwired to your new aftermarket radio's harness.
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Blue/pink||Vehicle Speed Sense|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
The Metra LC-GMRC-01 Wiring Interface replaces these items
- lets you install an aftermarket receiver in late model GM vehicles without losing the door chime and audible safety warnings
- will not work with factory steering wheel controls, Bose® or OnStar® systems
- Lets you install an aftermarket receiver in late model GM vehicles without losing the door chime and audible safety warnings
- not compatible with OnStar-equipped vehicles
20 questions already asked