About the Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-09 Wiring Interface
Installing an aftermarket receiver in many late model GM vehicles means losing the chime that warns the door is open, along with your audible safety warnings. The Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-09 wiring interface lets you replace the factory receiver in these vehicles and keep the door chime and all audible safety warnings, a great solution if you don't plan on keeping the factory amp or OnStar®. It helps you retain a variety of functions in your GM vehicle including accessory (12-volt) power, retained accessory power (R.A.P.), warning chimes, and your vehicle's auxiliary input.
Wire up the LC-GMRC-LAN-09 to your aftermarket radio, mount the module in a location where the chime can be heard, and plug it into the existing factory plug. Get the great sound you want, and keep all important safety features intact. The LC-GMRC-LAN-09 does not retain OnStar and it's designed for non-amplified factory systems or systems in which the factory amp has been bypassed. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: This LC-GMRC-LAN-09 interface allows you to keep your factory door chime (needed to keep audible safety warnings functioning) while providing a switched 12-volt power source for your new radio. If you do not use a compatible interface when you replace your factory radio, you will disable the audible warning system in your vehicle. Crutchfield cannot provide a free wiring harness for your vehicle, and we strongly recommend that you use this interface when replacing this vehicle's factory radio. Failure to do so may result in serious injury or death.
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface
- Wwiring harness
- Installation Instructions
More details on the Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-09 Wiring Interface
Vehicle Compatibility: The Axxess Integrate LC-GMRC-LAN-09 is designed for use in select 2014-up GM vehicles with non-amplified factory systems (or when replacing the factory amplified system) and without OnStar.
Retained Features: The LC-GMRC-LAN-09 provides +12V/3A accessory output, retains warning chimes, and retains R.A.P. (retained accessory power), as well a retains the factor aux input.
- +12V Accessory Output: In many GM vehicles, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The LC-GMRC-LAN-09 is designed to provide a 12V/3A switched accessory output (red wire).
- Warning Chimes: The LC-GMRC-LAN-09 retains factory warning chimes through the use of an on-board speaker.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of most GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The LC-GMRC-LAN-09 is designed to retain this feature.
- Factory Aux Input: The radio replacement interface provides retention of your vehicle's factory aux input. To retain the vehicle's factory Aux input, your aftermarket head unit must have a rear-panel Aux input (male mini to female stereo RCA adapter may be required, sold separately).
Wiring Harness: The wiring harness has a white 4-pin connector on one end and a gray 16-pin, plus green 20-pin molex connector on the other end. The 4-pin connector plugs into the LC-GMRC-LAN-09, while the 16-pin and 20-pin molex connectors interface with the existing factory harness. The included wiring harness also includes 11 bare wires that will need to be hardwired to your new aftermarket radio's harness.
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Blue/pink||Vehicle Speed Sense|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked