About the Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-10 Wiring Interface
Keep your GM factory features
Keep your GM factory features
You want to install a new car stereo in your 2016-up General Motors vehicle, but you don't want to lose useful factory functions. Thanks to the Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-10 interface, you can upgrade to the higher sound quality of an aftermarket receiver while retaining your warning chimes (through an onboard speaker), Retained Accessory Power (RAP), and your GM backup camera. The interface also provides 12-volt accessory power and the connections you need for installing a navigation receiver.
All wiring included
This interface is designed for for select 2016-up General Motors vehicles without factory amplifiers or when bypassing a factory amplifier. The required harness is included, and the interface is updatable via its Micro B USB port.
If you haven't done so already, please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this item is compatible with your vehicle. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface module
- Installation Instructions
More details on the Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-10 Wiring Interface
Radio Replacement Interface Module: The Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-10 interface is designed to allow you to replace the factory radio of select GM vehicles with an aftermarket head unit, while retaining many factory features that are normally lost when the factory radio is removed.
Vehicle Compatibility: The Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-10 is compatible with the following 2016-up GM vehicles (as of 2/7/2017).
|Cruze (with IOA radio)||2016-up|
|Malibu (with IOA radio)||2016-up|
|Silverado (with IOB radio)||2016-up|
|Sierra (with IOB radio)||2016-up|
Note: The IOA / IOB code if applicable can be found in the Service Parts Identification label located in the Glove Box (for Cruze/Silverado/Sierra), or Rear-Compartment Floor (for Malibu).
Non-Amplified Systems: The Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-10 is designed for GM vehicles with non-amplified factory stereo systems or when bypassing the entire factory amplifier system.
Retained Factory Features: The Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-10 retains the following factory features.
- +12V/10A Accessory Output: In many GM vehicles, there is no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, which requires the installer to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing an aftermarket radio. The LC-GMRC-LAN-10 is designed to provide a 12V/10A switched accessory output (red wire).
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of many GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The LC-GMRC-LAN-10 is designed to retain this feature.
- Warning Chimes: The LC-GMRC-LAN-10 retains your vehicle's factory warning chimes through its onboard speaker.
- Backup Camera: The LC-GMRC-LAN-10 retains your vehicle's factory backup camera through its composite video jack and your aftermarket radio's camera input.
Note: The Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-10 will not retain OnStar.
Navigation Outputs: In addition, the LC-GMRC-LAN-10 provides navigation outputs (VSS, Parking Brake, and Reverse) to help ease the installation process of an aftermarket navigation radio.
Wire Code Chart:
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Violet||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Violet/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|