About the Metra Spyclops 8-Channel NVR
Room to expand
Room to expand
The Spyclops SPY-NVR8POE network video recorder offers convenient surveillance coverage for your home or business with LAN ports for up to eight cameras. Footage can be viewed on an external monitor (not included) or with the free Spyclops mobile app. The NVR has a 1TB hard drive pre-installed, but its two drive bays will support up to 4TB of storage each if you need more space as you grow your system.
How does it work?
"IP" cameras connect to NVRs like this one via Ethernet cables. Known as PoE (Power over Ethernet), this type of connection carries power to each camera as well as passing video signals back to the recorder. PoE camera systems are ideal for installations where longer cable runs are required.
Mix and match
This NVR works with a variety of IP cameras, including:
Please note that 4MP cameras will need to be set to 2MP within the NVR to be compatible.
- records video for up to 8 security cameras (sold separately)
- 1TB hard drive is pre-installed
- 2 drive bays support up to 4TB HDD each, for up to 8TB total system storage
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) for reliable network connection and power to cameras
- output options include VGA and HDMI connections
- Ethernet (WAN) port
- dual USB 2.0 ports for backup and mouse connection
- 12-9/16"W x 2"H x 10-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPY-NVR8POE
What's in the box:
- 8-Channel Network Video Recorder (NVR)
- CS-4802000 Power Supply with attached 4' DC output cord (DC output: 48V 2A)
- 4' AC power cord (IEC 3-pin plug)
- Mouse with attached 44" cord (Type A USB plug)
- Wireless Remote
- 2 AAA batteries
- 4 Machine screws (M3.5 x 5mm)
- Set of 5 Spyclops window decals
- Quick Install Guide
- QC Certification (triangle)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra Spyclops 8-Channel NVR
8-channel NVR: The Spyclops SPY-NVR8POE is an 8-channel security NVR (network video recorder) that can record HD video from up to 8 IP cameras. There are two bays for installing HDDs, each supporting up to 4 TB HDDs each for up to 8 TB total storage. A single 1 TB HDD is pre-installed.
Operating System: The NVR has an embedded Linux operating system. An optical mouse is included for controlling the system via its graphical user interface. There are HDMI and VGA outputs provided for connecting the NVR to a TV or computer monitor.
Video Quality: The NVR uses H.264 video compression, and output 1920 x 1080p for all cameras through its HDMI or VGA outputs.
Remote Monitoring: The NVR can be connected to your home network for remote monitoring. You can log in to e-seenet.com to view the video from your Windows PC. In addition, the Spyclops app, available for Android and Apple iOS devices, lets you view live and recorded video from your Spyclops NVR surveillance system on a smartphone or tablet. The app supports single or multiple NVRs, and you can create custom groups with cameras from multiple locations for simultaneous viewing. The app is available for iPhone/iPad with iOS 8.0 or later, and Android devices with version 4.4 and up.
Backup: Video stored in the NVR can be easily and quickly backed up using a USB drive (flash drive, portable HDD, or disk burner). Two USB ports are included on the rear panel--one for the included mouse, and one for a USB backup drive.
Connections: The NVR has the following connections on the rear panel:
- HDMI Output: x1 (Full size)
- VGA Out: Female DE-15 x1
- WAN: RJ-45 x1
- LAN (cameras): RJ-45 x8
- USB: Type A female x2 (Mouse, USB backup)
- Power: DC barrel connection