About the Metra Spyclops 8x8 4K PoE System
A robust security package
A robust security package
This camera and NVR package provides everything you need to keep tabs on your home or small business. The eight included UHD cameras are weather-resistant, and they have auto-activated infrared LED sensors that provide clear imaging up to 98 feet away in the dark. Their 4K resolution means you can see plenty of details. The included 8-channel NVR provides ample storage space for video, thanks to the 1TB hard drive inside.
How does it work?
These eight IP cameras connect to the NVR (network video recorder) via eight included Ethernet cables. Known as PoE (Power over Ethernet), this type of connection carries power to the camera as well as passing video signals back to the recorder. PoE camera systems are ideal for installations where longer cable runs are required.
Room to grow
The NVR also offers plenty of room to grow. It can support up to eight additional cameras (sold separately) for a total of sixteen channels. And if you need more storage space for those extra cameras, you can upgrade the hard drive. The system can support up to 8TB of storage.
Keep an eye on things, wherever you are
You can view the live stream or recorded videos on directly connected monitors (not included) or remotely with the web interface. But the easiest playback option is the free Spyclops mobile app which allows you view footage on any iOS® or Android™ mobile device. You can also save still images and record video directly to your phone with the app's capture and record function.
- complete video surveillance kit with NVR and eight UHD indoor/outdoor bullet cameras
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) for reliable network connection and power
- monitor from anywhere, anytime using your compatible computer or mobile device
- free Spyclops mobile app features:
- view live stream and recordings
- save still images and record video directly to your mobile device with the capture and record function
- real-time monitoring and recording for 8 included cameras
- can support up to 8 additional cameras (sold separately)
- max playback resolution: 1 channel at 4K or 4 channels at 1080p
- 1TB hard drive pre-installed for video storage
- can support up to 8TB (sold separately)
- 2 USB ports (one front, one rear)
- VGA and HDMI outputs for video monitoring
- Ethernet port
- mouse included
- 10-1/4"W x 1-13/16"H x 9-3/8"D
- warranty: 12 years
UHD bullet camera (x8):
- full 4K resolution at 20 fps
- 8-megapixel image sensor
- 3.6mm fixed lens
- digital wide dynamic range
- clear infrared night imaging up to 98 feet away
- IP66 weather resistance
- 59 feet of Ethernet cable included for each camera
- 2-5/8" diameter x 6-1/8" length (base diameter: 2-15/16)
- weight: 11.4 oz.
- warranty: 12 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPYP-NVR8KIT4K
What's in the box:
- 8-Channel Network Video Recorder (NVR)
- 8 White Bullet IP cameras with attached 15" cable (RJ-45 female and DC barrel connectors)
- Eight 65' (20m) lengths of Ethernet cable (RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- AC adapter with attached 37" DC output cord (DC output: 52V 2.5A)
- 46" AC power cord (IEC C-14 3-prong plug)
- Mouse with attached 42" plug (Type A USB)
- 8 Waterproof plug protectors (each with cap / inserts / and gasket)
- 24 Mounting screws (length 1-1/8")
- 24 Plastic wall anchors
- Eight 4mm Hex keys
- Quick Start Guide
- 8 Adhesive-backed Drill Templates
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra Spyclops 8x8 4K PoE System
8-Channel NVR Kit: The Spyclops Pro SPY-NVR8KIT4K 8-channel NVR + 8MP 4K POE Camera Kit contains many of the items required for a small video surveillance system. The kit includes an 8-channel NVR (network video recorder) that can record 4K video, along with eight 8MP 4K POE Bullet cameras, pre-terminated Ethernet cables, and the mounting hardware for the cameras. No monitor is included with the kit.
Dimensions: The NVR and Cameras have the following dimensions:
- NVR: 10.225" Width x 1.841" Height x 9.374" Depth
- Cameras: 2.582" Diameter, 6.101" Depth x 2.879" Base Diameter; Weight 11.4 ounces
8-channel NVR: The NVR is an 8-channel security NVR (network video recorder) can record 4K and HD video from up to 8 IP cameras. It has a built-in 1 TB SATA HDD for hours of recording time. The system HDD can be upgraded to support up to 8 TB of storage. The NVR also supports the addition of up to 8 additional IP cameras for a total of 16 channels.
Note: You can add more PoE cameras by connecting an Ethernet switch or add wireless (Wi-Fi) cameras. All of the cameras must be on the same network in order to be recognized by the NVR.
Operating System: The NVR has an embedded Linux operating system. An optical mouse is included for controlling the system via its graphical user interface. There are HDMI and VGA outputs provided for connecting the NVR to a TV or computer monitor.
Video Quality: The NVR uses H.265/H.265+ video compression, and can output one channel of video at 4K (2160p) or 4 channels of video at Full HD (1080p).
Network Setup: The NVR is equipped with 8 IP camera inputs (RJ-45) with POE (Power Over Ethernet) for connecting and powering the included cameras, and a separate Ethernet LAN port for connecting the NVR to your router. Using the free Spyclops app, you can remotely view your system from any web browser, iPhone, iPad, or Android device. The Spyclops app is available for iPhone/iPad with iOS 9.0 or later, and Android devices with version 4.4 and up.
Backup: Video and audio stored in the NVR can be easily and quickly backed up using a USB drive (flash drive, portable HDD, or disk burner). Two USB ports are included--one for the included mouse, and one for a USB backup drive.
Live View: With a connected monitor (not included), you can view a live feed from your system's connected cameras. You can choose to view video from one camera in full screen, or multiple cameras in split-screen (4 windows, 8 windows, or 9 windows).
Power Supply: The NVR System is powered by the included 52V DC power supply. The cameras are powered via POE through the Ethernet cables, and no separate power cables are needed for the cameras.
Connections: The NVR has the following connections:
- HDMI Output: x1
- VGA Out: Female DE-15 x1
- USB: Type A female x2 (Mouse (front), USB backup (rear))
- POE Ports: RJ-45 x 8
- LAN: RJ-45 x1
- Power: DC barrel connector for included power supply
Overview: The SPY-NVR8KIT4K kit includes eight 4K POE Mini Bullet IP cameras with 3.6mm fixed lenses and 8MP image sensors. The cameras produce UHD 4K video with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels at 20 fps. The cameras have a durable white metal housing, and can be used for outdoor or indoor recording.
POE Network Interface: The cameras are connected to the NVR via Ethernet cables with POE (Power Over Ethernet). No separate power cables are required to the cameras.
Mounting: The cameras come mounted on a 2-1/2" diameter base that can be attached to a wall or ceiling via 3 screws. They can be tilted up to 90° on the base and rotated to properly orient the camera. The camera has an adjustable sunshield to protect the lens from rain and direct sunlight, if needed. Adhesive backed drill templates for each camera are included to help you with drilling the mounting holes.
Weather Resistance: The cameras are IP66 compliant, which means they have been tested under the harshest conditions. The cameras are dust proof and weatherproof, and are designed to operate in temperatures of +14°F to +122°F (-10°C to +50°C).
Infrared LEDs: The cameras are equipped with infrared LEDs to enhance the available light in dark areas to give you more image detail in extreme low light conditions. The infrared LEDs are automatically activated when light conditions are low. Night vision range is approximately 30 meters (98.4 feet).