About the Axxess GMOS-LAN-09 Interface
Metra's GMOS-LAN-009 wiring interface lets you replace the factory radio in select OnStar-equipped 2014-up GM vehicles using the existing wiring and connectors. Even if you don't subscribe to OnStar, you'll need this interface to connect an aftermarket stereo.
Keep those GM factory options
Connect the GMOS-LAN-009 to your aftermarket radio, mount the module, and plug it into the existing factory plug. Get the great sound you want, and keep all of the important safety features intact. You can adjust volume settings for OnStar as well as the safety chimes, and you'll retain the use of your vehicle's Bluetooth system and auxiliary input. This interface gives you convenient plug-in connections for the Axxess steering wheel control adapter (not included) that works with most aftermarket stereos – that means less wiring work for you.
This interface is compatible with select 2014-up General Motors vehicles without amplified systems, or with vehicles where you plan on bypassing the factory amp. If you haven't done so already, please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this item is compatible with your vehicle. Warranty: 1 year.
Axxess GMOS-LAN-09 Interface reviews
Instructions were pretty good. Everything lined up to my existing wires on the radio and soldered nicely. The unit did not recognize my 2015 Silverado HD 2500 and a Pioneer NEX AVIC-8100 and I was unsuccessful at multiple attempts programming it manually. So, the steering wheel controls don't work, particularly the volume up and down buttons but I think everything else is working so I'm leaving it for now. At least the radio is working and I figured out a work around to get Android Auto going which was my main goal.
Pros: The plugs fit and the wiring diagram matched everything
Cons: Didn't auto-detect my truck and so steering wheel controls don't work and can't program manually.
1 of 1 found this helpful
- installer said after several calls to tech dept. interface worked properly.
Pros: eventually worked
Cons: needed several calls to tech support before working properly.
0 of 0 found this helpful
This kit made installing the aftermarket radio in my wife's Silverado so much easier. It even had the interface to connect directly to the ASWC1 steering control interface kit.
Pros: Clear instructions
0 of 0 found this helpful
Pros: Retains factory function.
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Axxess GMOS-LAN-09 Interface
Vehicle Compatibility: The GMOS-LAN-09 is compatible with select 2014-up Chevy & GMC vehicles with non-amplified factory systems (or when replacing the entire factory amplified system). Compatible vehicles include -
Retained Features: The GMOS-LAN-09 radio replacement interface module allows the replacement of the factory radio in select 2014-up Chevrolet and GMC vehicle with an aftermarket head unit. This interface module allows you to retain factory features such as OnStar, Bluetooth, steering wheel control (optional interface required), and warning chimes. The interface module also provides data bus driven outputs such as retained accessory power (RAP), vehicle speed sensor (VSS), illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of most GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The GMOS-LAN-09 is designed to retain this feature.
- OnStar & Warning Chimes: The GMOS-LAN-09 is designed to retain the factory OnStar emergency services system that would normally be lost when your factory radio is replaced by an aftermarket head unit. It also retains your vehicle's factory warning chimes. The GMOS-LAN-09 interface features potentiometer to adjust the chime & OnStar volume of your vehicle. Rotate clockwise to make the volume louder and counterclockwise to make the volume softer.
- Bluetooth & Aux Input: The GMOS-LAN-09 radio replacement interface module retains your factory Bluetooth functionality. It also allows you to keep the vehicle's factory Aux input; your aftermarket head unit must have a rear-panel Aux input.
- Backup Camera: The GMOS-LAN-09 will retain the factory backup camera on base model vehicles with a factory IO3 radio.
- Optional Steering Wheel Control Adapter: The GMOS-LAN-09 features a right-angle 3.5mm connector that lets you keep your GM vehicle's OEM steering wheel controls via the optional Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface (120ASWC1, sold separately).
- Optional RSE Retention Harness: The Metra GMRSAV2 (120GMRSAV2, sold separately) is a RSE retention harness designed to retain the rear seat entertainment system in select GM vehicles. The harness provides an audio/video signal for the factory overhead video screen from your new aftermarket radio, and provide the audio/video output from the rear seat control panel to the aftermarket head unit.
Note: This interface will also work in vehicles listed above that are not equipped with OnStar.
Aftermarket Radio Connection: The GMOS-LAN-09 features the following hardwire connections to your aftermarket head unit and factory system.
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Orange/white||Illumination Output (+)|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake|
|Green/purple||Reverse Output (+)|
|Blue/pink||VSS (vehicle speed sense)|
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked