About the Metra Spyclops SPY-PTZWIP3 Pan/Tilt/Zoom Dome Camera
Cover all the angles
Cover all the angles
If you want to monitor a large area with a single camera, then you'll need one with a wide range of motion like the SPY-PTZWIP3. This weather-resistant dome camera makes it easy to keep an eye on everything with pan, tilt, and zoom features that can all be controlled remotely using the web interface, NVR, or free Spyclops mobile app. And the 22X optical zoom means you can see the details, as well as the big picture.
The camera has 220 preset viewing points. You can also create up to three "tours" during which the camera automatically patrols specific areas. Each tour can have up to 16 viewing points each.
How does it work?
IP cameras like this one connect to an NVR (network video recorder) via Ethernet cables. Known as PoE (Power over Ethernet), this type of connection carries power to the camera as well as passing video signals back to the recorder. PoE camera systems are ideal for installations where longer cable runs are required.
Great imaging — day or night
The camera has a 2.1-megapixel CMOS image sensor that provides 1080p HD video. And it can pick up what's going on at night up to 196 feet away, thanks to auto-activated infrared LED sensors.
- 2.1-megapixel CMOS sensor
- 1080p HD video output
- 22X optical zoom (f=3.9-85.5mm)
- pan range: 0°-360°
- speed: 45° per second
- can be set to pan continuously
- tilt range: 0°-93°
- speed: 30° per second
- you can set the image to flip when the lens points beyond vertical
- preset viewing points: 220
- guard tours: 3 groups
- maximum of 16 viewing points each
- lightning protection: transient voltage 6000V
- infrared LEDs provide night vision up to 196 feet away
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) for reliable network connection and power
- connects to an NVR like the Metra Spyclops 8-channel NVR
- Ethernet cable not included
- can also run on the included AC power adapter via the camera's DC connector
- IP66 rated for weather resistance
- ONVIF compliant
- control the camera via:
- IP web interface
- menu of the attached DVR/NVR
- free remote viewing app on devices running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.4 or higher
- 5-3/8" diameter x 8-5/8" height
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPY-PTZWIP3
What's in the box:
- White PTZ surveillance camera with 18" power/Ethernet pigtail
- Mounting bracket
- AC adapter with attached 45" DC output cord (DC output: 12V 3A)
- 3' AC cord (3-prong IEC plug)
- M4 x 10mm Phillips-head screw
- Screw-on water-resistant plug cover (2 pieces)
- Ring gasket
- Foam insert
- Quick User Manual (2)
- Warranty Registration card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra Spyclops SPY-PTZWIP3 Pan/Tilt/Zoom Dome Camera
Overview: The SPY-PTZWIP3 is a weatherproof, dome-style Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) camera for use in a closed-circuit video surveillance system. The camera's position can be controlled remotely to eliminate the limits of camera placement. Built-in infrared LEDs provide Night Vision for over 196 feet. The camera is powered by POE (Power over Ethernet) or by a DC power supply.
Pan-Tilt-Zoom: The PTZ camera has a wide range of motion, enabling you to cover a wide area with a single camera. There are 220 preset viewing points, and you can set up "tours" to automatically cover specific areas. Up to 3 tours can be created with up to 16 viewing points each. The Pan-Tilt-Zoom ranges are as follows:
- Pan: The camera has a 360-degree pan range, which can be set to continuous, if needed. It has a panning speed of up to 45-degrees per second.
- Tilt: It has a 0 to 93-degree tilt range. You can set the image to flip when the lens points beyond vertical. It has a tilt speed of up to 30-degrees per second.
- Zoom: The lens has a focal length of 3.9mm to 85.5mm. The 22x Optical Zoom lets you get in close or pull back for a wide view.
Video Signal: The camera has a 2.1-megapixel CMOS image sensor with a high definition (1080p) video output. The video signal is carried via an Ethernet cable (not included).
Night Vision: This PTX dome camera is equipped with infrared (IR) LEDs that provides Night Vision up to 60 meters (196.85 feet) at night.
Weatherproof: The camera is IP66 rated for dust and water ingress. It can be used outdoors or indoors.
Control: You can control the camera directly from its IP web interface, or in the menu of the attached video recorder (DVR/NVR). A free remote viewing app is available for iOS (8.0 or later) and Android (4.4 and up) devices.
Power: The camera is powered by POE (Power over Ethernet), when used with a POE-equipped NVR. It can also be powered by a separate DC power supply connected to the DC barrel connector on the camera's cable pigtail.
Power Protection: The camera has built-in lightning/surge protection against transient voltages of up to 6000V.
Mounting: The SPY-PTZWIP3 comes with a wall-mounting bracket that positions the camera vertically, approximately 5-1/2" from the wall. The camera's Ethernet and DC power cables run through the bracket's arm and exit from the side to give you a clean-looking installation. The bracket is mounted using 4 screws (not included). Wall anchors should be used if mounting in concrete or drywall. (Camera and bracket weigh approximately 3.25 pounds.)