About the Metra 44-PWEC157 Power Antenna Kit
The Metra 44-PWEC157 power antenna kit includes all the cables you need to install a new power antenna in most vehicles. The kit includes:
- 157" antenna cable with male and female Motorola ends
- 157" red wire for 12V power (.250" male and female slide connectors on either end)
- 157" blue wire for antenna turn-on (.250" male and female slide connectors on either end)
Warranty: 60 days.
What's in the box:
- 157" Antenna cable (Female Motorola connector on one end and male Motorola connector on other end)
- 157" Red wire (0.25" female slide connector on one end and 0.25" female/male slide on other end)
- 157" Blue wire (0.25" female slide connector on one end and 0.25" male slide connector on other end)
Metra 44-PWEC157 Power Antenna Kit reviews
Worked perfectly on my 95 Honda Accord with factory power antenna. Existing cable had broken during radio replacement and needed this to connect the new radio to the antenna.
Pros: Price Quality
0 of 0 found this helpful
I bought this for the intall of a RetroSound PA-01 power antenna. I ended up not needed the extra length but I am going to hold onto the kit as I may move the antenna to roof of my truck and it will be needed then
Pros: Good quality product does not look cheap or under engineered
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Metra 44-PWEC157 Power Antenna Kit
Overview: The Metra AntennaWorks Power Antenna Extension cable includes the cables needed to install a universal power antenna in vehicles with extra long cable runs. The kit includes the following:
- 13.1' Antenna Signal Extension Cable: The antenna cable has a high density braided shielding, and is terminated with a standard sized male Motorola plug on one end and a standard sized female Motorola plug on the other. It includes an impedance matching capacitor.
- 13.1' Power Wire (Red): The red wire comes with a 1/4" female slide connector on one end, and the other end is terminated with a 1/4" female/male slide connector. (This connector may be used as a male or female connector; the male tip may be broken off for applications requiring a female connector).
- 13.1' Turn-on Wire (Blue): The blue wire comes with a 1/4" female slide connector on one end, and the other end is terminated with a 1/4" male slide connector.
Note: To use the extension wires with the attached quick-slide connectors, the the new antenna and vehicle wiring must have quick-slide connectors; if the antenna/vehicle wiring is not fitted with slide connectors, connectors may be purchased and crimped onto the power antenna wiring.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?