About the Metra Spyclops 16-Channel 5MP NVR
High-quality security camera footage
High-quality security camera footage
The Spyclops SPY-NVR165MP1 network video recorder offers convenient security coverage for your home or business. It can record and play back a wide range of HD resolutions from 720p (1280 x 720) up to 5MP (2560 x 1960). Recording frame rates of up to 30 frames per second are supported on each of its 16 channels.
Footage is easy to view and save
An external monitor (not included) can display the video from a single camera or multiple cameras at once. You can also view your videos remotely with the free Spyclops mobile app or using your PC's web browser.
The NVR has a 2TB hard drive pre-installed, but its two drive bays will support up to 4TB of storage each if you need more space as you grow your system. H.265 encoding reduces file size so that you can save more video.
How does it work?
"IP" cameras connect to this NVR and your router via an Ethernet switch. Known as "PoE" (Power over Ethernet), this type of connection carries power to each camera as well as passing video signals back to the recorder. PoE camera systems are ideal for installations where longer cable runs are required.
- 16-channel NVR
- real-time monitoring and recording up to 5MP resolution (2560 x 1960)
- works with IP Bullet Cameras
- two SATA ports
- 2TB hard drive included
- can support two 4TB drives (8TB max.)
- embedded LINUX operating system
- 2 rear USB 2.0 ports for mouse and USB backup
- mouse included
- VGA and HDMI outputs for video monitoring
- Ethernet (WAN) port
- 3.5mm audio output
- 12V power supply
- free Spyclops mobile app features:
- view live stream and recordings
- save still images and record video directly to your mobile device with the capture and record function
- 12-9/16"W x 2"H x 10-1/8"D
- weight: 5.6 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPY-NVR165MP1
What's in the box:
- 16-Channel Network Video Recorder (NVR)
- CS-1204000 Power Supply with attached 4' DC output cord (DC output: 12V 4A)
- 4' AC power cord (IEC C13 3-pin socket)
- Mouse with attached 44" cord (Type A USB plug)
- Wireless Remote
- 2 AAA batteries
- 4 Machine screws (M3.5 x 5mm)
- Set of 5 Spyclops window decals
- Quick Install Guide
- QC Certification (triangle)
- Sheet of Spyclops window decals
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra Spyclops 16-Channel 5MP NVR
16-channel NVR: The Spyclops SPY-NVR165MP1 is a 16-channel security NVR (network video recorder) that can record video up to 5MP from up to 16 IP cameras. Internally, there are two SATA ports for installing Hard Disk Drives (HDD), each supporting up to 4 TB HDDs each for up to 8 TB total storage. A single 2 TB HDD is pre-installed.
Operating System: The NVR has an embedded Linux operating system. An optical mouse is included for controlling the system via its graphical user interface. There are HDMI and VGA outputs provided for connecting the NVR to a TV or computer monitor.
Video Quality: The NVR uses improved H.265 High Efficiency Video Coding which lets you save more video (due to smaller file sizes), when compared to H.264 (AVC-Advanced Video Coding). The NVR can record video up at 5MP (2560 x 1960), 4MP (2592 x 1520), 3MP (2048 x 1536), 2MP (1920 x 1080), 960p (1280 x 960), or 720p (1280 x 720). The NVR lets you display video from a single channel, or multiple cameras (up to 16). Two channels can be output at 5MP, 4MP, or 3MP. Four channels can be output at lower resolutions of 2MP, 960p, or 720p.
Remote Monitoring: The NVR can be connected to your home network for remote monitoring. You can log in to e-seenet.com to view the video from your Windows PC. In addition, the Spyclops app, available for Android and Apple iOS devices, lets you view live and recorded video from your Spyclops NVR surveillance system on a smartphone or tablet. The app supports single or multiple NVRs, and you can create custom groups with cameras from multiple locations for simultaneous viewing. The app is available for iPhone/iPad with iOS 9.0 or later, and Android devices with version 4.4 and up.
Backup: Video stored in the NVR can be easily and quickly backed up using a USB drive (flash drive, portable HDD, or disk burner). Two USB ports are included on the rear panel for backup devices.
Connections: The NVR has the following connections:
- Front Panel: USB 2.0 Type A (for supplied optical mouse)
- Rear Panel:
- HDMI Output: x1 (Full size)
- VGA Out: Female DE-15 x1
- WAN: RJ-45 x1
- Audio Out: 3.5mm x1
- USB 2.0: Type A female x2 (Mouse, USB backup)
- Power: DC barrel connection