About the Metra Spyclops SPYP-NVR8W Wireless NVR System
Security — with fewer cables
Security — with fewer cables
Want to keep an eye on your home or small business without having to run wires everywhere? This package has everything you need, including an NVR (network video recorder) and eight HD cameras. Mount each camera, and connect their included power supplies to the most convenient outlet. No need to run cables to the NVR — IP video signals from each camera are sent to the recorder wirelessly. And there's plenty of storage space for video, thanks to the NVR's pre-installed 1TB hard drive.
Keep watch from anywhere
You can view the live stream or recorded videos on directly connected monitors (not included). But an even easier playback option is the free Spyclops mobile app which allows you view footage on any iOS® or Android™ mobile device. You can also save still images and record video directly to your phone with the app's capture and record function.
Room to grow
The NVR can support one additional camera (sold separately) for a total of nine channels. And if you need more storage space for those extra cameras, you can upgrade the hard drive. The system can support up to 8TB of storage.
- complete video surveillance kit with NVR and eight HD indoor/outdoor bullet cameras
- cameras connect to NVR via Wi-Fi
- free mobile phone app allows remote viewing via Android™ and iOS® devices
- kit includes a power supply for each camera, a power supply for the NVR, and a mouse
- video monitor not included
HD bullet camera (x8):
- 3.6mm fixed lens
- 2-megapixel image sensor
- 1920 x 1080p resolution
- maximum playback resolution: 1080p @20fps, 960p or 720p @30fps
- digital Wide Dynamic Range
- IP66 rated dust-tight and water-resistant
- night vision viewing up to 82'
- 2-5/8" diameter x 6-1/8" depth
- weight: 10.55 oz.
- records video for 8 included security cameras
- can support one additional camera (sold separately)
- built-in hard drive with 1TB storage
- can support up to 8TB total storage with upgraded HDD
- output options include VGA and HDMI connections
- Ethernet port
- USB port for mouse or backup
- 3.5mm audio out
- 8-5/8"W x 1-5/8"H x 9-3/16"D
- warranty: 12 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPYP-NVR8W
What's in the box:
Metra Spyclops SPYP-NVR8W Wireless NVR System owner's manual
- 8-Channel Network Video Recorder (NVR) with 2 attached antennas
- 8 White Bullet wireless IP cameras with antenna and attached 21" cable (DC power terminal and pairing button)
- 36" Ethernet cable (RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- NVR AC adapter with attached 33" DC output cord (DC output: 12V / 2000mA)
- 8 Camera AC adapters with attached 33" DC output cord (DC output: 12V / 500mA)
- Mouse with attached 42" plug (Type A USB)
- 24 Mounting screws (length 1-1/8")
- 24 Plastic wall anchors
- Eight 3mm Hex keys
- Four M3.5 x 6mm machine screws
- Four M3 x 3mm machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- 8 Adhesive-backed Drill Templates
- Warranty registration card
Metra Spyclops SPYP-NVR8W Wireless NVR System reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra Spyclops SPYP-NVR8W Wireless NVR System
8-Channel Wireless NVR Kit: The Spyclops Pro SPY-NVR8W 8-channel Wireless NVR + 2MP Full HD Wireless Camera Kit contains many of the items required for a small video surveillance system. The kit includes an 8-channel NVR (network video recorder) that can record up to 1080p video, along with eight 2MP 1080p wireless Bullet cameras, and the mounting hardware for the cameras and NVR. No monitor is included with the kit.
Dimensions: The NVR and Cameras have the following dimensions:
- NVR: Width 8.62", Height 1.625" (7.323" with antennas up), Depth 9.1875"
- Cameras: Diameter 2.581", Depth 6.07", Base Diameter 2.884", Antenna Length 4.5"; Weight 10.55 ounces
8-channel Wireless NVR: The NVR is an 8-channel wireless security NVR (network video recorder) can record Full HD video from up to 8 IP wireless cameras. It has a built-in 1 TB SATA HDD for hours of recording time. The system HDD can be upgraded to support up to 8 TB of storage. The NVR also supports the addition of up to 1 additional IP camera for a total of 9 channels. The NVR features a white exterior with two 7" adjustable Wi-Fi antennas. It can be placed on a shelf or tabletop, or with the included screws, you can mount it on a wall.
Operating System: The NVR has an embedded Linux operating system. An optical mouse is included for controlling the system via its graphical user interface. There are HDMI and VGA outputs provided for connecting the NVR to a TV or computer monitor.
Video Quality: The NVR uses H.265/H.265+ video compression for recording the highest quality video using the least amount of storage space. It can output 4 channels of video at Full HD (1080p) at 20 fps, 4 channels of 960p video at 30 fps, or 4 channels of 720p video at 30 fps.
Network Setup: Each Wireless IP camera pairs to the NVR via Wi-Fi. The NVR has a single Ethernet LAN port for connecting the NVR to your router. Using the free Spyclops app, you can remotely view your system from any web browser, iPhone, iPad, or Android device. The Spyclops app is available for iPhone/iPad with iOS 9.0 or later, and Android devices with version 4.4 and up. It is also available for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, as well as macOS.
Backup: Video and audio stored in the NVR can be easily and quickly backed up using a USB drive (flash drive, portable HDD, or disk burner). The NVR has one Type A USB port for plugging in a USB backup drive or the included mouse.
Live View: With a connected monitor (not included), you can view a live feed from your system's connected cameras. You can choose to view video from one camera in full screen, four cameras in split-screen windows, or eight cameras in split-screen windows.
Power Supply: The NVR System is powered by the included 12V DC power supply.
Connections: The NVR has the following connections:
- HDMI Output: x1
- VGA Out: Female DE-15 x1
- USB: Type A female x1 (for mouse or USB backup drive)
- WAN: RJ-45 x1
- Audio Out: 3.5mm jack
- Power: DC barrel connector for included power supply
Overview: The SPY-NVR4W kit includes eight Mini Bullet wireless IP cameras with 3.6mm fixed lenses and 2MP image sensors. The cameras produce Full HD 1080p video with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels at 20 fps. The cameras have a durable white metal housing, and can be used for outdoor or indoor recording. The cameras are equipped with a 4-1/2" Wi-Fi antenna.
Wireless Network Interface: The cameras connect to the NVR via Wi-Fi. The connected pigtails include a DC power port and a small push button for pairing the camera with the NVR, or for resetting the camera to the factory settings (3x presses).
Mounting: The cameras have a 2-1/2" diameter base that can be attached to a wall or ceiling via 3 screws. They can be tilted up to 90° on the base and rotated to properly orient the camera. The camera has an adjustable sunshield to protect the lens from rain and direct sunlight, if needed. Adhesive backed drill templates for each camera are included to help you with drilling the mounting holes.
Weather Resistance: The cameras are IP66 compliant, which means they have been tested under the harshest conditions. The cameras are dust proof and weatherproof, and are designed to operate in temperatures of +14°F to +122°F (-10°C to +50°C).
Infrared LEDs: The cameras are equipped with infrared LEDs to enhance the available light in dark areas to give you more image detail in extreme low light conditions. The infrared LEDs are automatically activated when light conditions are low. Night vision range is approximately 25 meters (82 feet).
Power Supply: Each wireless IP camera is powered by a separate 12-volt DC power supply. The AC adapters have 33" cords, so you must make sure you have an AC outlet near each camera location.