About the Axxess AX-SUB28SWC-6V
The AX-SUB28SWC-6V harness from Axxess allows you to retain the backup cam and aux input in select 2015-16 Subaru vehicles. It also allows you to connect the Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface (sold separately) in your Subaru vehicles without having to splice into your factory wiring. It's compatible with the 28-pin Subaru wiring connector that detaches from the factory radio.
This harness allows you to retain your Subaru's backup camera if you are installing a new car stereo with a rear-camera input. You'll also be able to use the handy auxiliary input in your Subaru (if equipped) if your new receiver has a rear RCA auxiliary input. The kit includes Axxess' AX-CAM6V converter that accommodates the Subaru backup camera's 6-volt power supply. The harness also provides the outputs you need if you're installing a NAV receiver.
To use this harness, you'll need the Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface (sold separately) and a compatible aftermarket radio. You'll also need a vehicle-specific wiring harness to install your aftermarket stereo. We'll show you the correct harness when you enter your vehicle information into our online vehicle selector. Warranty: 1 year.
Axxess AX-SUB28SWC-6V reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Axxess AX-SUB28SWC-6V
Vehicle compatibility: The Axxess Integrate AX-SUB28SWC-6V harness is compatible with the following 2015-up Subaru vehicles featuring the base factory 6.2" screen.
|WRX (with Factory Navigation)||2015|
Retained Features: When installing an aftermarket radio in these 2015-up Subaru vehicles, the Axxess Integrate AX-SUB28SWC-6V harness allows you to retain the following factory features that are normally lost when removing the factory radio.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The AX-SUB28SWC-6V harness allows you to retain your factory installed steering wheel controls without having to splice into your vehicle's factory wiring, using the Axxess Steering Wheel Control Interface (120ASWC1, sold separately).
- Aux Input: The AX-SUB28SWC-6V includes stereo male RCA connectors that allow you to retain your factory installed 3.5mm jack (your aftermarket radio must also have a rear-panel stereo Aux input).
- Backup Camera: In addition, the AX-SUB28SWC-6V harness includes a composite video connector to allow you to retain your factory installed backup camera.
Note: Additional kit and wiring harness will also be needed to complete installation.
Navigation Outputs: The AX-SUB28SWC-6V provides the following navigation outputs to make installing an aftermarket Navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
- VSS (vehicle speed sense)
- Parking Brake
- Reverse Gear output
Wire Code Chart:
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Red||+6 Volt Camera Power|
|Blue/pink||VSS (vehicle speed sense)|
|Light Green||Parking brake|
|3.5mm Jack (male)||SWC output|
|Yellow Composite Video (male)||Backup camera input|
|White RCA (male)||Aux input (left)|
|Red RCA (male)||Aux input (right)|
|Blue/white||12V-to-6V converter Reverse|
|Blue/red||12V-to-6V converter Positive|
|Black||12V-to-6V converter Ground|
The Axxess AX-SUB28SWC-6V replaces these items
- plug-in connector for steering wheel audio controls in select Subaru vehicles
- connects your steering wheel controls to a new car stereo without splicing
- retains backup camera and aux input with compatible car stereos
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked