About the Metra ethereal VS100
Volume control at the touch of a finger
Volume control at the touch of a finger
The VS100 includes white-, ivory-, and bone-colored wall plates to match your decor.
Metra's VS100 offers sliding volume adjustment for your connected in-wall or in-ceiling speakers. With selectable impedance magnification — up to 8X the speakers' ohm rating — you can use a single amplifier to drive multiple pairs of speakers without worrying about dropping below your amp's minimum requirements. The VS100 gives you reliable performance at a reasonable price for any of your indoor rooms. With three different color wall plates included, you can easily match it to your decor.
Wire multiple speakers to the same amplifier channel
Wiring the VS100 is pretty straightforward. Connect your amplifier's left and right speaker outputs to the inputs on the back of the volume control. Then run separate wires from the VS100's outputs to a pair of recessed speakers. Be sure to use in-wall rated speaker wire during your installation. If you are wiring several volume controls to the same amplifier channels, consider using use Russound's EZB-8 connecting block to make plugging in multiple sets of wires more manageable.
- connect multiple pairs of speakers to your receiver or amplifier (requires 1 volume control per speaker pair)
- use up to 16 volume controls together (each connected to a pair of 8-ohm speakers)
- installs in your wall with a standard single-gang electrical box (not included)
- power handling: 100 watts RMS per channel
- selectable impedance settings at 2X, 4X, and 8X the speakers' nominal impedance
- terminal connectors accommodate up to 14-gauge wire
- includes white, ivory, and bone colored wall plates
- 1-5/8"W x 4-1/8"H x 3"D (depth in wall 2-3/4")
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VS100
What's in the box:
- In-Wall volume control
- 2 Speaker wire terminal blocks (installed)
- White slider switch (installed)
- White decorative insert (installed)
- White decorative wall-plate
- Ivory slider switch
- Ivory decorative wall-plate
- Ivory decorative insert
- Bone slider switch
- Bone decorative insert
- Bone decorative wall-plate
- 2 White screws
- 2 Ivory screws
- 2 Bone screws
- 2 Eletrical box screws
Metra ethereal VS100 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Metra ethereal VS100
In-Wall Volume Control: Metra's Ethereal VS100 is an impedance-matching, stereo volume control that connects between the speaker-level output of an amplifier, speaker selector, or distribution hub and a pair of speakers; providing control of speaker volume in a remote location along the wall.
100 Watts Per Channel: The Metra Ethereal in-wall volume control is rated at 100 watts per channel for connection between your amplifier or receiver and speakers.
Impedance Matching: The Ethereal VS100 features built-in impedance matching, which enable more pairs of speakers to be connected to an amplifier than the amplifier could normally accommodate. You can magnify the speakers' impedance by a factor of two, four, or eight, allowing you to connect up to eight pair of speakers to a single amplifier or receiver. A slider-switch on the back side on the volume control lets you set the impedance factor to 1x, 2x, 4x, or 8x (this will need to be done prior to final installation of in-wall volume control).
Note: The volume control also has a non-impedance matching option (1x) to accommodate a single pair of speakers for optimum fidelity.
Slider Switch: Volume is controlled by a slider switch that moves smoothly up and down.
Single-Gain Box Installation: The Ethereal in-wall volume control occupies a single-gang of an electrical box. Installation of the in-wall volume control is easily accomplished during new construction (at "Rough-in" before the drywall is installed) or as a retrofit to older construction ("Trim-out" after the drywall is installed and painted).
White, Bone, or Ivory Colors: Choose between white, bone, or ivory slider switches, decorative inserts, and decorative wall-plates. The white knob and white decorative insert are pre-installed.
Stereo Terminal Block w/ Screw-Down Terminals: The Ethereal VS100 features two removable terminals blocks with screw-down terminals to attach the speaker wire from a pair of speakers and amplifier. The screw-down terminals will accommodate 16 or 14 gauge in-wall speaker wire.
Note: Be sure not to reverse the amplifier or speaker connections, because damage to the amplifier could result.
- Overall: 2.8125" (w) x 4.5625" (h) x 3.3125"
- Volume Control Module: 1.625" (w) x 4.125" (h) x 2.625"
- Decorative Cover Plate: 2.8125" (w) x 4.5625" (h) x 0.25"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?