About the Axxess AXDSPX-GL9
Plug in for better sound
Plug in for better sound
Let's face it, your GM vehicle's fancy feature-filled radio doesn't sound that good, but you can't replace it because of all the good things it does. Axxess, a master producer of vehicle interface devices, has come out with this fully-tunable AXDSPX-GL9 digital sound processor that plugs into your factory radio and gives you the ability to add aftermarket amplifiers, transforming your vehicle's interior into the sweet-sounding music listening room you want.
You make all your sound adjustments via the Bluetooth connection on your Android or Apple device using Metra's AXDSP-X app. Adjustment features include a 31-band graphic EQ with high-pass, low-pass, and bandpass filter options on each channel. Time delay allows you to align the sound of all your speakers in order to create the perfect sound stage centered on the driver or prime listener.
The AXDSPX-GL9 comes with a wired remote bass knob, so you can control the bass from the front, when one of the assignable output channels goes to a sub amp. Other connectors in the harness allow you to add even more amplifiers and create your own large custom sound system.
- digital signal processor and T-harness
- GL9 harness fits select 2016-17 GM vehicles with amplified or non-amplified systems
- plugs into factory radio
- allows you to add aftermarket amplifiers then tune your system
- 6 inputs, 10 individually assignable output channels
- settings adjusted through tablet or smartphone running the AXDSP-X app
- each channel features:
- 31-band graphic EQ
- high-pass, low-pass, and bandpass filters
- time delay (up to 10ms)
- bass knob included
- chime control for GMC vehicles
- retains OnStar® voice prompts
- 10 RCA outputs: front L and R, rear L and R, six assignable (up to 5 volts)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AXDSPX-GL9
What's in the box:
- DSP Interface module
- 20/16-Pin T-harness
- 16-Pin Output harness (11 female RCAs / 2 bare-ended wires)
- Remote bass control (attached 5' bare-ended orange & black wires)
- Bass control mounting bracket
- Two 8mm screws
- Instruction manual
- Bass control installation instructions
Axxess AXDSPX-GL9 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Axxess AXDSPX-GL9
Overview: The Axxess AXDSPX-GL9 interface lets you add aftermarket amplifiers to the factory radio in select 2016-2017 GM vehicles, with or without a factory amplifier. It features 10 individually assignable pre-amp outputs, each with independent 31 band graphic EQ, high-, low-, and band-pass filters, along with up to 10ms of delay time for each channel. The DSP interface retains all parking sensor chimes and OnStar voice prompts, with adjustable levels.
Compatibility: The AXDSPX-GL9 can be used in select 2016-2017 GM vehicles. Please see our Vehicle Guide to determine which DSP interface is right for your vehicle.
Configuration: All configuration of the Axxess AXDSPX-GL9 is done through your connected Bluetooth enabled smartphone or tablet after downloading the AX-DSP-X mobile app, available at the Apple App (iOS 12.1 or higher) and Google Play stores. Configuration options can be saved, recalled, and reset to default from your device. A Password can be assigned to lock the interface from tampering. The Lock Down feature saves all selected settings, and must be done before closing the app or cycling the key, otherwise all setting changes will be reset to their default. Configuration options include:
- Outputs: Allows you to select how many output channels will be used and their location in the vehicle. The first 5 Outputs are pre-assigned to L&R Front, L&R Rear, and Subwoofer, with Outputs 6-10 not used. These can be assigned and used for individual driver use, such as a mid-range or woofer speaker. Along with their Location labeling, Outputs can be grouped together, for simplified equalization. Each Output also features options for Invert, which reverses the phase, and Mute, for easier tuning of each individual channel.
- Crossover: Each Output channel has its own Crossover, with options for High-Pass, Low-Pass, and Band-Pass. An intuitive virtual slide-bar lets you easily select the desired cutoff frequency while displaying it above the slide-bar. If Band-Pass is selected, two frequency sliders are displayed for the High- and Low-Pass settings, with both frequencies displayed above the slide-bar.
- Equalizer: All Output channels can have a 31-band graphic equalizer applied to the signal. EQ bands range from 20Hz to 20kHz, with ±10dB of adjustment for each band.
- Delay Adjust: The sound from each Output channel can be delayed, if desired. Output channel Delay is entered in inches with up to 99" of Delay available, based on the measured distance from each speaker to the driver's head-rest location.
- Input/Levels: This Configuration screen provides the
- Chime Volume: Warning tones can be adjusted for a balanced signal. Chime Volume range is 1-10, with indications for Low, Medium, and High.
- Clipping Level: The AXDSPX-GL9 can detect clipping of the audio signals and reduce the level by 20dB for a period of time to prevent speaker damage. Option includes On/Off, and 1-10 adjustment scale.
- Amp Turn-On: The connected amplifiers (sold separately) can be set to activate when Accessory power is turned on (Always On), or when a signal is detected from the radio (Signal Sense). A Turn-On Delay option can be set from 0-10 seconds.
- Subwoofer Input: The Subwoofer Output can be driven from the sum of the Front and Rear inputs (Front + Rear), or directly from the Subwoofer input (Subwoofer), if provided by the factory system.
Note: It is important to Lock Down all settings after performing any configuration changes. If not, closing the app or cycling the ignition key will reset all options back to factory default.
Bass Knob: A remote bass control is provided for individual adjustment of the Subwoofer output channel. The Bass Knob features 5' of bare-ended wire, for connection to the provided T-harness, and can be mounted under a dash edge using the provided mounting hardware.
Installation: Designed to integrate into select GM amplified and non-amplified factory sound systems, the AXDSPX-GL9 includes a wiring T-harness that gets plugged in between the factory radio and the factory radio harness. Additional T-harness connections plug into the included interface module, as well as provide the audio output RCA jacks, which include:
- Outputs 1-4: These RCAs are color coded to match the
"standard" wiring configuration;
- White: Left Front
- Gray: Right Front
- Green: Left Rear
- Purple: Right Rear
- Outputs 6-10: These RCAs are assignable and are not color coded.
- Subwoofer: A pair of Red/White RCAs provides the Subwoofer signal output.
- Turn-On Output: A Blue/White Amp Turn-On wire can be used to activate connected amplifiers. This output can be assigned to activate with the ignition key or with radio signal sense, and can be delayed up to 10 seconds.
Note: If installing the AXDSPX-GL9 in a vehicle with a factory amplifier, the amp must be unplugged and bypassed. "With OE Amplifier" must be selected under Vehicle Type in the Configuration menu.
- Input Channels: 6
- Input Impedance: 1MΩ
- Input Level: High or Low
- Input Type: Differential Balanced
- Input Voltage:
- High-Level: 0-28V (peak-to-peak)
- Low-Level: 0-4.9V (peak-to-peak)
- Output Channels: 10
- Output Voltage: Up to 5V RMS
- Output Impedance: 50Ω
- Equalizer Type: 31 Band Graphic, ±10dB
- THD: <0.03%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Crossover: LPF, BPF, or HPF per channel
- Crossover Type: Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/oct. slope
- Sampling: 48kHz
- S/N Ratio: 105dB @ 5V RMS
- Operating Voltage: 10-16VDC
- Operation Current Draw: 150mA
- Standby Current Draw: 7mA